Clarion Hotel Springfield

3333 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, Missouri, 65804, United States

More about Springfield

Layout map of the main stripLayout map of the main strip

Rooster iconRooster icon

One of the big groups having funOne of the big groups having fun

some guy, Jill, Me, Kym, and Tobysome guy, Jill, Me, Kym, and Toby

Moving to Springfield, MO

by Imaniac

I'm moving to Springfield in January as part of my exchange study. I'll be spending my spring semester at Missouri State University.

I was looking at some apartment rental sites, cause I want to rent an apartment for the 4 months. Does anybody know any good sites or any apartments I should check out?

Thanks for your help !

Roy

Heeeey Dr De Vito :)

Nice bumping into you again. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely look into it.

Hey, I'll start from the middle and work my way through to the rest of the country I guess. Hoping to be in Vegas for my b-day though :) :)

by pieter_jan_v

We will miss you Roy!
No Marbella for you?

PJ

Ha, thanks PJ.

No Marbella for me. And for once I don't regret it !

by CdnJane

What happened to Toronto????? Thought you were going to come here for your exchange study! *sniff, sob*

by Imaniac

Unfortunately Toronto was no option for my exchange.

I am, however, frantically looking for an internship/placement in Toronto for ealt 2007. That's just over a year away too.

Don't worry, I am definitely planning on comming to Toronto when I finish. It's already in my itinerary. Will be there around July 8/10.

by CdnJane

July 8-10 or July 8, 2010???
So, you need another tour of the city??? I can get you to the zoo this time, if you want.

by Imaniac

The weekend of 8/10, not 2010 haha.

Will be there for a convention on one of the days, but not the whole day. Yes, of course I'd love to meet up. Itw as high on my list - he he.

by pieter_jan_v

Hey Roy, that's great. I may be around in Canada around that time again.

See you in 3 years? haha.

PJ

by Imaniac

Oh I'm sure there'll be loads of VT meets.

First up is the Florida meeting in March.

by vanderlust

I didn't have much luck for this school year but this site looked promising.
Good luck in Springfield. Nice town, I think you'll like it.

by Imaniac

Ahhh that's great. Thanks for the tip !

by catnl

hi roy must be exciting for you to go overthere but we will miss you here at the meetings:-)
good luck hope all will go as you wish:-)
groetjes uit eindhoven
carin

Travel Tips for Springfield

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME IN SPRINGFIELD

by JAKETHEMAN

For the size of town it's is, there's nothing to do there! Very boring place. It reminds me of a suburb of a big city where you have to drive miles and miles for something to do. The people are okay but only entertainment seems to be is for drinkers. If you don't fish or hunt you have nothing to do there. I have always wonder how it grown to the size it is without having some kind entertainment.

Osceola Small Town Environment

by BruceDunning

This small town is about 50 miles north of Springfield and off Hwy 13, a main highway toward Kansas City area. It has a part of Truman Lake running right through the middle of town, and that creates a quite and serene feeling of peace in the old time setting. Town square is from mid 1800's which has many old buildings. The town was formed around 1820. It was nearly destroyed in the Civil War during 1861 because the Jayhawkers wanted to show their power. A main attraction on the highway is the cheese store that has around a hundred varieties to choose from.

Most people who go...

by brdwtchr

Most people who go southwestern Missouri visit Branson to the south of Springfield. They miss some of the other sights of the area. To the west of Springfield is Wilson's Creek Civil War Battlefield. Farther west is Carthage and the Precious Moments chapel. To the north is the scenic Stockton lake. Photo here is visitor center for Wilson's Creek Battlefield.

Lambert's Cafe, home of the...

by brdwtchr

Lambert's Cafe, home of the 'throwed' rolls.
The whole place is unique. They will throw a big hot roll at you from across the room if you 'holler' for one. Girls carry pots of okra and hash browns around to add to your meal at no charge. Smoked pork chops are good and so are the ribs. I like to get the pineapple and walnut salad and save it for my dessert.

Best Steak and Ceasar Salad

by Moustique about Outback Steakhouse

I love this place!!! It was voted by 417 magazine best steaks in the chain category. I was really upset with this place for a bit because they took my favorite menu item off, but not frets it's back. the victoria's center cut filet. They are a very busy restaurant but they do have call ahead seating which is really nice and you can usually get a seat pretty quickly in the bar area. Victoria's center cut filet medium rare, just writing this makes me want to go eat there right now. they also have a wonderful ceasar salad with a southwest dressing. Of course they are known for the bloomin onion which my dad has everytime, and the coconut shrimp is yummy

Comments