Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65

3260 E. Montclair St, (formerly Days Inn East), Springfield, Missouri, 65804, United States
Days Inn Battlefield Road / Hwy 65
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65

Wonderful Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member Flynbabe

We just completed a 4 night stay at this hotel and I have to say I was impressed with the friendliness and cleanliness of this property. The room was very clean, especially the bathroom.

We were in Springfield for a wedding and to finish clearing out my husband's condo. We had to bring our new dog with us as we had no place to kennel him for the holiday weekend and we had to finish clearing the condo by the end of the month. The hotel was very accomodating of our dog even giving a doggie treat bag. There is also a very nice dog walk area with 2 disposal staions with bags to clean up the dog messes. There was one slight problem when someone complained about dog noise when we had to leave the room for dinner, (our fault) but the owner handled it very diplomatically.
The only thing I would change would be to allow a dog to stay in the room without the owner's being present as long as the dog is crated and not excessively noisy.
All in all this is a very nice hotel managed by people who are experts at customer service!

Great place!

by TripAdvisor Member schoolmarm

What a great place to stay. Room was in excellent condition. Very clean--could tell that the property was well maintained. Manager was out and about at breakfast--cooking walffles and making all the guests feel welcome. Would definitely stay here again.

Enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member redneckmama67

We chose this hotel because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor. They were honest reviews. This was our annual Springfield trip before going on to Branson. This was by far the best one in the last eight years. Being pet-friendly was also a plus because they don't charge you extra like others do. Our children enjoyed the very clean pool. The poolside chairs were great. The owner even took time to chat with us while working outside by the pool. Breakfast was nice especially the waffles. We wish every hotel came with micro-fridge. We brought our own pillows because everyone knows how bad hotel pillows are, but we didn't need them, they were better than the ones I brought!

It lived up to the hype

by TripAdvisor Member cls661s

I have stayed here twice in the last month, and what can I say that the other reviewers haven't. Very nice place and the best Days Inn I have ever been in. And the owner was a real nice guy. Dollar for dollar, it has to be the best place to stay in Springfield.
Oh, and what I was amazed at was that it was a "Pet-friendly" motel, and I didn't find a single hair anywhere in my room!

Friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member allyall

We booked this hotel because of its #1 rating in the area and were not disappointed on the hospitality front. The front desk was super helpful and friendly, and the owner is there making waffles in the morning and making small talk with guests.

My room did have a small problem in that when I turned on the a/c, the room immediately began smelling of pet urine. Turning off the unit eliminated the smell. Because I didn't find this out until being totally unpacked, I just didn't use the a/c unit and luckily it was a cool enough night. Wish I had checked before unpacking all my things though. I told the front desk about it on check out and the clerk said he'd make a note of it.

I also wish I had gotten a room farther from the front of the hotel as I heard every door opening and closing in the hallway quite loudly and all conversations in the hall as if they were in the room with me. No talking noise from my neighbors rooms - just plenty from the hall. However, when my neighbor took a shower at 5:45 am, it woke me up as well, sounding like he/she was in my shower (which he/she was not).

The beds are not super comfortable - kind of your standard lower end hotel beds, though there were tons of pillows which was nice. The room was very clean. The curtains are not well fitted black out curtains and light started leaking into the room about 4:30 am. The result is that though I went to bed at 9:15 pm and didn't get up until 7 am, I did not feel well rested because I had been woken up multiple times starting about 4 am from light, doors opening, showers and people talking in the hall.

The standard continental breakfast was well maintained, fresh and appealing and included belgian waffles (made by the owner), cereal (froot loops or cheerios), instant oatmeal, pastries, bagels, toast, english muffins, orange juice, apple juice, whole & skim milk, coffee & tea.

The wireless high speed internet worked well for me.

We did not use the pool, though it was clean and well maintained in appearances.

Good place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member tadjr

We stayed here for one night back in June using a TripRewards night (free stay from credit card use). When we checked in the front desk rep was right there and only took a minute to check in. She explained where things were in the hotel and about the am breakfast (sadly we dont usually do mornings so I cant comment on that part of the hotel.) We found our room and fell asleep since we'd been traveling a long day. The blackout curtains worked wonders and the room itself was spotless. The bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of hot water and water pressure in the shower. (Side note to management- I'd get rid of the wallpaper above the shower inserts. Ours was just starting to peel at the seams and it did have a little mold/mildew under the flap where it was coming up. Nothing major and the rest of the room was spotless, but this could be a big problem if it continues.) Check out was just as fast as checkin and overall it was very nice. We would definitely stay here again when we come back to Springfield.

Great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member whoisbonyboy

Called hotels.com and was quoted $15 more than afterwards when I called the hotel directly. You WILL NOT find a better deal for a better place to stay. Clean, pet friendly, and courteous. The owner helped make waffles for the guests in the morning. I can not say enough good things about this place. You are doing yourself a disservice by not staying here when passing through town.

Great place for pet travelers

by TripAdvisor Member mombee39

It took a little work to find this out of the way hotel, but it was well worth the effort! We are traveling with our small dog for the first time and were looking for a quality hotel that was pet friendly. This property exceeded all of our expectations. We were given a gift package for our pet when we arrived, were not charged extra just for having a pet, and the facilities were emaculate. The owners are very "hands on" and are so customer friendly that you want to extend your stay just because it feels like home. Any visitor to the Springfield area should seek out this wonderful family friendly hotel.

Customer Service at its Peak

by TripAdvisor Member happytraveler082

The front desk clerk at check-in went above and beyond helpful. He even asked if we had "blue ice" because he would freeze them in the breakfast areas refrigerator since the ones in each room had no freezer. We appreciated that since we do carry coolers and blue ice when we travel.

The room was elegant and so clean; we even had a small kitchen area with a separate sink to do dishes. The room was comfortable in every way.

The next morning the property owner, Craig Chandler, met us in the continental breakfast area with an enthusiastic and gregarious personality. He insisted on preparing our Belgian waffles and coffee. Obviously, he truly enjoys his business. We enjoyed laughter and spirited conversation with him over our breakfast. Most certainly we will seek out this Days Inn when we next visit Springfield,

Best Personal Service Ever!!

by TripAdvisor Member jdon105050

All the grand reviews was the reason I started booking my weekly business trips at this hotel. The first morning I had breakfast, Craig, the owner/operator introduced himself . Have you EVER met the owner of a major chain hotel???? Not me!! This was different and ever since I book my weekly business trip at this hotel. As the rest of the reviews say, the place was/is immaculate and friendly. Have stay at Days Inn hotels before and swore never again. Craig has created one that I will never pass by. This is THE hotel to stay in down in Springfield. Reasonably price, great location (right off I-65), and the best waffles in town. Thanks Craig for creating a home away from home when I am at work.
Joan