2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

233 E Camino Alto, Cnr. S. Campbell & Hwy. 60, Springfield, Missouri, 65810, United States
Priceline.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Springfield

Brochure of the cave ino and locationBrochure of the cave ino and location

Layout of locationLayout of location

My brothers deli store and he makes good food itemMy brothers deli store and he makes good food item

You can dance here too!You can dance here too!

Travel Tips for Springfield

Area Waters and Fun

by crdoc

The one thing that I like about Springfield is its close proximity to many things.
The Waters;
Forty minutes to the Northwest; we have Stockton Lake. Great for the Bass, Crappy, and Catfish. Thirty minutes north,northwest, you will find Sac River. The Same as Stockton; But, throw in the white bass when in season. I've seen some big Cats come out of this river. One I'm still waiting to see!
Just north about five minutes you will find McDaniel lake. Excellent Bass and Catfish. But; no boats allowed.
Fifteen minutes Northeast of Spingfield will get you to Fellows lake. Bass and Catfish. Also; boat engine size restrictions.
Five minutes to the east, flowing south, you will find James River. Not so good on the east part; but, the south part is excellent for floating. Five minutes South of Springfield you will find Springfield Lake. This has engine size restrictions, but its excellent for bass and Catfish. Farther south you will find the Finley river. This is a most excellent river for floating and fishing.
About 45 minutes South you will find Lake Tanycomo in Branson, Mo. Good boating for bass boats. I caught a nine and a quarter lb.,twenty seven inch, brown trout from the bank. Tears gilded the eyes when I landed that one. Upstream and over the Dam you will find Table Rock Lake. Extreme boating, Camping and fishing. My fondest memory of Springfield is the people. While there are some here, with their noses shaped by plastic, and in the air.
Most are willing and glad to help if your lost or in a peck of trouble. And; if you just want to talk, you've found the right place.

Hiland Dairy - One of Springfield's Industries

by mrclay2000

This great dairy products plant began humbly in the late 1930s as the work of two men. Today the dairy, which controls the Quality Chek'd line, provides products to many neighboring states, including Oklahoma (and ultimately my own refrigerator). I think I'll have a dish of ice cream now in celebration!

The Springfield...

by brdwtchr

The Springfield Conservation Nature Center is a very nice place. It is close to things and offers hiking and bird watching in a natural setting on 80 acres of land. The visitor center is quite nice and modern with much there for children. I got gifts at the shop in the visitor center for my nieces and nephews. It is not too hard to reach once you know how. The Nature Center is on a frontage road near the junction of highways 60 and 65. We missed the turn first time we were going there so we called them from a pay phone and they told us what we did wrong. Number to call is 417-882-4237. Nature Center address is 4600 S. Chrisman, Springfield, MO 65804. I have not been there in 5 years now but on my last visit they were not open on Mondays.

Can we say Fish???

by Moustique about Fish

I am a big lover of fish and this place is awesome, i have been waiting for a restaraunt to come to springfield like this! I have been here several times and have loved everything i have ever ordered! The seafood is flown into springfield and the chef's are taught to prepare fresh fish. Fresh fish is really hard to find in springfield :)

they have great happy hours too! check out their website for details

the place is nicely decorated and the bar has a working waterfall.

they however do not make reservations i loved the oysters on the half shell!!! yum yum! i also like the almond encrusted tilapia and potato, aspargus, and smoked salmon salad was wonderful

Fantastic Caverns-Ride Through It

by BruceDunning

This limestone cave takes people through the cave by small wagon type carts pulled by a Jeep. The tour is around one hour, and does display a lot of stalactites. Price is an outrageous $21.50 for adults. That, in my opinion is a very steep charge because other caves do not have fees that high. The cave itself is not great, but okay. Privately owned, they are trying to make it go after a couple of prior failures, and closings.

Comments