Grand Hotel

139 McLeod St, Big Timber, Montana, 59011, United States

More about Big Timber

Not looking at its best in this pic, but.....?Not looking at its best in this pic, but.....?

Gotta freight train runnin' through.........Gotta freight train runnin' through.........

Travel Tips for Big Timber

Now This Is A Place I Want To Return To

by johngayton

"Small Town America Personified"

Only the briefest in and out visit after a long day's drive was enough to have me saliviating. There is definitely something about Big Timber which makes me want to return and spend some time there, not necessariily for a long time, say 4 or 5 days, have a couple of days midweek hanging around the bars until I get to know a few people, then spend the weekend and see what makes the place tick.

That is my research project for this week, to see how I can get there without having to drive.

More to come...................

oneonta_ni's new Big Timber Page

by oneonta_ni

Big Timber - not the first place you would think of when you think of Montana! However, it is someplace I have wanted to visit for a very long time. Some (very) distant relatives own a dude ranch outside of the town, in the Crazy Mountains. My grandparents visited the ranch years ago and I have wanted to ever since. I finally got to in July 2000.

The ranch is well away from everywhere but is still cozy and the little cabins looked comfortable. The family, The Van Cleves, raise quarter horses and you can be a cowboy for the day or just sit back and watch the grass grow. It was a really beautiful place and my only disappointment was that we could not stay more than an hour or so. I am definitely planning a return trip some day.

Be sure to check out their website - it has more beautiful photos!

Comments