39 Orchard Lane, Bigfork, Montana, 59911, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

• Islander Inn

Nice, Clean rooms. Some confusion with our reservations, but everything worked out and everyone was very friendly. Not a lot of beach access but only a short drive to beaches and Bigfork Village. Right next door to Flathead Brewing Company and the Raven Restaurant. Both were quite tasty!

More about Bigfork

Enjoy the blue water of Swan River.Enjoy the blue water of Swan River.

behind Brookie's cookiesbehind Brookie's cookies

"Fall in love at the Bigfork Inn""Fall in love at the Bigfork Inn"

A beautiful view in Glacier National ParkA beautiful view in Glacier National Park

Visiting Bigfork and Swan Lake with family

by mnsmith

My family and I are excited to visit Bigfork and Swan Lake in mid July. I have a 3 year old, 5 year old, and 7 year old traveling with my wife, and I and we are looking for fun and adventures in your region. We will be in the area for 2 days and are looking for trip ideas that will enhance our experience. We want to use our time in the best possible way, and are an adventurous family looking for the best use of our time. I am looking for your input on anything and am looking for detail suggestions on the following areas: 1- best places to visit 2-best family hikes 3-places to eat 4-best places to water river rafting (company to recommend) 5-best scenic horse rides that are family friendly (company name) 6-best places to fish or guide to recommend (what do we need for gear and equipment) 7. unique shops or places of interest 8. places to rent bikes and places to ride them. 9. a place we can rent a boat to take the kids on the water : )

Re: Visiting Bigfork and Swan Lake with family

by EllenH

We stayed at Holland Lake when our kids were little and rented a canoe (LIFE JACKETS!!!) after going to the memorial of one of the most experienced river guides yesterday I do not recommend taking young children out on a river float. There is a very fun waterpark up in Columbia falls that the kids may enjoy.

Re: Visiting Bigfork and Swan Lake with family

by Camping_Girl

Echo Lake Cafe in Bigfork is fabulous - ask any local for directions, and they'll know the place you're talking about.

The Raven in Woods Bay is also fabulous, but it's a pub so I don't know if children are allowed.

Travel Tips for Bigfork

Two River Gear

by 807Wheaton

Most of the shops and businesses have a western appeal. There is plenty to see and do in Bigfork. After being there, I think it would be a good base to stay for several days while enjoying the outdoor activities.

Bigfork, MT - aka Home Sweet Home

by meltedfrootloops

"Yes, we have computers here."

So I get a lot of questions when I'm at college (In northern California) and from family members/friends who live out of state about how we "survive" in Montana. Examples include:
"Do you have computers?"
"Do you know what internet is?"
"Do you have music other than country?"
"Are you a cowgirl?"

...and so on. There are a lot of misconceptions out there. We're not backwoods hicks. We have computers, cell-phones, and flat-screen tvs. Some of us hate country music. Many of us * points to self * have little to no interest in being a cowgirl or engaging in any activities (i.e. rodeo, etc) that one might expect of a cowgirl. Some of us are vegetarian (aka every meal ever eaten by anyone in MT has not been built around a juicy slab of steak). We have shopping malls, we have chain stores, we have Starbucks. The bottom line: We're pretty much just like everyone else.

There are things about MT, however, that set us apart. The aforementioned shopping malls - well, there's a bigger one about two hours from where I live, but the closest one to me is one floor. No escalators. That confused my family when we first moved here from Torrance, CA.
We have some of the most beautiful national parks, and hiking trails in our own backyard.
Yes, we see a lot of bears. And deer. And other beautiful wildlife.
We don't have winter - we have an annual ice age. I'm not so fond of that one, but then summer comes, and it's beautiful.
There's no smog here, meaning that, on a storm-free night, the stars are AMAZING to look at.
The smells of sweetgrass and manure are very, very familiar to us.

"Nightlife? What nightlife?"

So we have to work a little harder to find things to do around here. In the summer, it's easy - swimming, hiking, floating down a river - name a fun summertime outdoor activity and you can do it here. The Bigfork Summer Playhouse provides ample entertainment and there are a multitude of local restaurants and places to go out at night. For the under 21 crowd it takes a little more work, because some places kick out the under-21 crowd at a certain time (ex: 10 pm) and many, of course, don't let us in at all. But even we can find plenty of things to do for fun in the summer.
The winter is another story. There are, of course, holiday season events going on all over the place, but it gets old after a while. And the dead season lasts a long time - as I'm writing this, it's the end of March, it's snowing outside, and I'm bored to tears.
However, we find things to do. Last year I started to hang out with a group of my sister's friends who go to the Bigfork Inn on weekends to hang out, eat dessert and sometimes dinner, chat, and swing-dance. These nights are the most fun I've ever had in this town. It's wonderful to get all dressed up and have a fun night with your friends, learning new spins and steps and generally just having a blast. If I ever leave Bigfork for good, these nights are what I'll miss most.

"The bottom line..."

...Bigfork is a great place to be. There's a lot to do if you're willing to seek it out, the people are friendly and down to earth, and it's a lovely place to just relax, sit under the stars, or take a walk to the closest beach to watch the sunset on the lake.

Comments