Billings Hotel & Convention Center

lashr1999's Profile Photo

Billings Hotel and Convention Center

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 7, 2009

Our fourth Day we stayed at the Billings Hotel.
On entering the hotel going to our room we saw the hotel has a pool area with a Jacuzzi and also a water slide. After we put our bags down, we came back to the pool and had some fun. One thing that doesn’t make sense is that you have to purchase a band from the front desk to use the water slide, the lifeguard can not sell one to you directly. As we were wet we could not walk to the front desk to get one.

After the swim the dining area at the hotel was closed, so we walked to a restaurant a block away. Funny story about the restaurant, while everyone was ordering I spied rocky mountain oysters on the menu and told my friend she should get it since she like oysters. Anyway, she was thinking of getting it. Before she did I asked the waitress to explain why the oysters are called rocky mountain. The waitress said they are not oysters but bulls testicles. My friends jaw dropped. The waitress continued saying, they taste good when they are fresh you just have to experience it. Needless to say my friend will no longer order oysters when out west. The food was good though and when finished we headed back to the hotel.
Upon going back we learned everything in the hotel closes at 10 PM. This includes the casino, bar and the shortcut through the pool area to get to the second floor rooms. This left us stranded trying to get to our room. The hotel staff at the front desk is not present after 10PM so we had no one to ask how to get back. Several other people had the same problem and we were all walking around the building to find our way back in. We eventually did get in.

While walking back to our rooms we saw a game room with a foosball table and different video games. We went in and I guess we scared a group of 10 high school kids out. They said are you the cops as they left. I have no idea what they were doing here, there was no alcohol or smoke in sight. My only guess it was past their 10PM curfew and the cops would lock them up if they found them;) After, playing foosball and a few video games we were back to our rooms.

The room were comfortable. Some of the bedding was dated and needed a change but I guess it was adequate for a nights stay. In the morning we sat by the nice warm fireplace in the lobby while waiting for the bus.

Nearby Billings Hotel & Convention Center

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Billings Travel Forum

Need advice about Billings, Montana? Visit the Travel Forum for Billings and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Billings hotel reviews