Ramada Limited Bozeman

2020 Wheat Drive, Bozeman, Montana, 59715, United States
Ramada Bozeman
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Bozeman

Zorba the Geek!Zorba the Geek!

"THAT GUY""THAT GUY"

house rock of the Gallatinhouse rock of the Gallatin

Travel Tips for Bozeman

Bozeman, Finally!

by cpiers47

Having lived in Bozeman for almost 5 years, I'm just now heading out with my camera to take some pictures and share this amazing town/city/place. My additional motivation is that I won't be here much longer...

"Where am I?"

Bozeman is a small city in southwestern Montana. The city swells each fall with the return of students to Montana State University and who are responsible for much of the city's great winter energy. Being close to Big Sky Ski Resort (and Moonlight Basin and Bridger - other ski mountains) pulls a great number of skiiers in as well.

In the summer, tourist business is in full swing, despite the fact that it can get quite hot. Bozeman is only 100 miles from Yellowstone Natl. Park and many use it as a stopping point.

I've been told that 25 years ago, Bozeman was an entirely different place: it was a cowboy town. I'd try to describe that idea but I don't know that I can. Let me just say that Bozeman used to be what everyone thinks Montana is.

That's all changed. We have multiple restaurants that serve sushi, health food galore and not a Rocky Mountain Oyster in sight (google that and don't blame me for what you learn!).

Don't get me wrong, you'll still see your share of cowboy hats and boots and big Dodge trucks are the transportation method of choice. Not far from the city, there are farm and ranches that have been under the same ownership since the 1800s. If you're brave, you'll venture out into the country in search of the Montana you thought you'd find. It's possible...but you'll have to know where to look.

"Top Fives"

Before I visit a new city, I check VT, read guidebooks and quiz my friends about what I should see. I leave equipped with lists of things to do. So, for anyone considering a visit to Bozeman, here are my lists!

Top Five Things to Do

Yellowstone National Park
Virginia City and Nevada City
Livingston
Hyalite Canyon and Hikes
Hot Springs (Norris or Chico)

Check the Friday supplement to the Bozeman Daily Chronicle. The "This Week" section tells about cultural events in the area each week. The Emerson Culture Center, Wilson Auditorium, Ellen Theatre and Montana State University are all venues for events.

Comments