Village Inn At Apgar Hotel East Glacier Park

Lake McDonald, 3 miles inside Glacier National Park, East Glacier Park, Montana, United States

More about East Glacier Park

The courthouse in Choteau, MontanaThe courthouse in Choteau, Montana

Travel Tips for East Glacier Park

Ride your bike over the Going...

by Tri

Ride your bike over the Going to the Sun Road! Start early - you have to make it to Logan's Pass (the top of the Continental Divide) by noon! Setting up camp just inside Canada and making a good old fashion Cajun chicken and sausage Gumbo.

Hike! Walk all the terrific...

by judydickey

Hike! Walk all the terrific trails. The thing we liked best about this national park was the non-commercial nature. Everything was do-it-yourself. The scenery was amazing, especially for a Florida family. Bear warnings are posted everywhere, and bears are a real danger on all of the hiking trails. When we visited, our oldest son, Jimmy, was six years old. He is the kind of boy that just can't stop talking. A pair of young hikers overtook us on one long trail. They had 'bear bells' attached to their backpacks. As they caught up to us, they commented that we obviously didn't need bear bells, as they could hear Jimmy from quite a long way off. We called Jimmy 'bear bell' for the rest of our trip.

Windseekr's new East Glacier Park Page

by Windseekr

I made a loop trip out of my journey to Fort Benton, Montana last weekend, by driving north along the eastern front of the Rockies (a couple hundred miles through the golden farm fields of Montana Wheat) on the back roads. Eventually I completed my northward trek by driving west on the "Going to the Sun" highway, which is the road through the heart of Glacier National Park. The following photographs were taken on August 25, 2001. When it comes to Glacier Park, I can never spend too much time there. I have hiked many miles through the vast wilderness of this park during my lifetime. I feel very fortunate to live so close to the park I will incorporate additional information and pictures from the West side very soon. Enjoy the photos

Comments