Gardiner Guest House

112 Main Street East , PO BOX 173, Gardiner, Montana, 59030, United States

More about Gardiner Guest House

Historical Stone House

by TripAdvisor Member 0-Limit

My husband and I had a wonderful and very relaxing stay at the Gardiner Guest House, a beautifully restored historical stone house in Gardiner, Montana. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we have slept in.

Owners, Nancy and Richard Parks, provided a delicious breakfast and great conversation. We had the fortune to meet two lovely couples from England who were also guests and were also avid fly fishermen.

Richard Parks, also owner of Parks' Fly Shop, was to be our guide on a float trip down the Yellowstone River. However, Mother Nature did not cooperate dumping inches of rain in the Park and the River became too muddy to fish. Oh well, there is next year and we intend to definitely return.

Thanks again Richard and Nancy, for a wonderful time.

Bob and Sharman Wilson

We'll be back!

by TripAdvisor Member Mark_Knox

A friend and I decided to book a trip to fly fish in and around Yellowstone National Park; someplace neither of us had ever visited. Since Richard Parks is the consummate authority on fishing the park, we started by visiting his website to get some pointers and book a couple of days of fishing under his tutelage. Because we were also looking for someplace to stay in the area (Gardiner is the only true town adjacent to the northern entrance to the park and accommodations can be sparse) we followed the link to the Gardiner Guest House, which is maintained by Richard's wife, Nancy.

Making reservations was effortless and subsequent e-mail correspondence with both Nancy and Richard reassured us that we'd found both a great fishing guide and a good spot to stay. We chose to stay in the small cabin adjacent to the house. The cabin was built sometime in the early 20th century and has been renovated to offer modern conveniences. The cabin was advertised as “cozy” and, while it is small, the space is definitely ample for two people (even two unshaven, semi-reeking fishermen.) The space is rustic enough to keep sportsmen from feeling too pampered, but is clean and well-kept and could be a very cozy getaway for couples.

Nancy’s legendary breakfasts were taken each morning up in the main house, and we skipped lunch several days because we literally stayed full until dinnertime. The food was incredible and the conversation was always lively and friendly. Richard, who’s lived in and fished the area since 1953, ate breakfast with the guests nearly every day and we learned more about the rich history of Yellowstone from listening to him each morning than we did from the published guidebooks. Nancy’s one of those folks that make you feel immediately at home, and both she and Richard were incredible hosts. If you are a fisherman, the proximity of the flyshop and Richard’s presence in the mornings and evenings makes this a practically seamless experience. Did I mention we also caught a lot of fish?

We’re heading back out there in a couple of years on a family vacation and I’m definitely booking a few days at the cabin. I want my wife and girls to share the rich experience we had last week.

Thanks Nancy and Richard- you folks are great and I wish you all the best!

Cabin was Excellent

by TripAdvisor Member TuckerInTheMountains

A buddy and myself stayed at the cabin associated with the Gardiner Guest House on our week-long flyfising excursion to Yellowstone National Park. We were looking for nice accomodations...not a hotel/motel room, but not too fancy. The cabin met our needs to a tee!

It was small, but clean with adequate furnishings. It also included a stock of good books and board games. A great place for a couple of fishing buddies (a bed upstairs and a futon downstairs) or a couple looking for a quiet getaway.

Staying at the cabin also gave you access to the common areas of the guest house (parlor and dining room). The parlor had an even larger stock of books than the cabin, movies, daily newspaper, candy, and good conversation with other guests.

Breakfast was also included every morning. This was a treat for us since we were in the park till sundown everyday. If you went hungry here you were in the wrong place. The food was great, the juice was fresh, and the coffee was perfectly strong.

The innkeepers were wonderful. Nancy is a gracious host who caters to your every need. Richard has been in Gardiner since 1953. He is not only an excellent fishing guide, but an expert on practically anything related to Yellowstone.

This is a great place with great folks. I'll be staying here again!!

Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Hiker73

A friend an I spent three days in the Gardiner area to do some late season day-hiking in Yellowstone. The trip was wonderful! Our stay at the Gardiner Guest house was a real treat. The house was beautiful - the room very clean, cozy, and comfy! The hosts were absolutely wonderful - great cnversation and a wealth of knowledge of the area. I can't say enough about the breakfasts - I left every morning feeling the need to hike 20 miles just to walk off the great breakfast! Overall, it was a great trip and a great place to stay! Thank you!

Relaxing Winter Get-a-way!

by TripAdvisor Member mtjen

The Montana hospitality of Nance and Richard Parks started long before I arrived at their lovely Victorian home. When I called for reservations, Nance helped me to plan my stay and trip into Yellowstone National Park for a winter swim in the nearby Boiling River. Her knowledge of the area and direction on local attractions sold me on staying at her accommodations without having met her or having read a single review.

After the lovely relaxing stay, I am pleased to recommend the Gardiner Guest House to anyone I know. The home itself is simply lovely and all the finishing touches give you a complete sense of welcome. The wildlife right out the front door is a sight to see with mule deer walking down the streets and antelope and coyote on the hillside. Winter did not hinder our sightings of the Park's yearround residents, and the lack of crowds due to the off-season was a treat.

Before sending us off for our day, Nance cooked up a delicious and varied breakfast giving us energy reserves for our morning of soaking in the geothermic waters of Yellowstone. Thanks Richard and Nance for the lovely stay!
-Jenni O'Brian
Bozeman, MT

Warmth in December!

by TripAdvisor Member Stretch48

Our entire family (six adults and two children, ages 5 and 9) had a wonderful family vacation starting the day after Christmas at the Gardiner Guest House. Nance and Richard are the hosts with the most! They were very accommodating to our schedule (like the early reservation for the Snow Cat at Yellowstone), served delicious breakfasts, sent along snacks for the day outings at Yellowstone, had the house decorated for Christmas, and all in all made our trip a true joy. It was a great place to be if you weren't going to be home for the holidays. Their location is just a block from Yellowstone's North Gate, so that was ideal. We definitely recommend it. It was cooooooold outside, but everything was warm and inviting at our B & B.

Great with kids!

by TripAdvisor Member NikkiDavi

Our family of four (2 adults, 2 kids - ages 5 and 8) stayed at the Gardiner Guest House over Christmas vacation. Nanc and Richard were incredibly gracious and made our kids feel especially welcome. There were toys, cookies in the evenings, and special bedding accommodations so that all four of us could share one large room w/ bath. My little one called the B & B one of her favorite parts of the vacation.

Great place for a winter stay in Yellowstone area

by TripAdvisor Member PhotographyNut

What a great place to stay! The house and rooms were very cozy and well appointed. Breakfasts were outstanding, offering food for every diet. This is the perfect place to be based for winter in Yellowstone. The hosts were very gracious, friendly and accommodating to all our needs. Cookies and scones in the afternoon were great. Reasonably priced too. To stay anywhere else would be a mistake!

Sibling Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member joymt

Nancy and Richard provided a wonderful home away from home for four adult siblings. Not only were we treated to accomodations that you might expect when staying at a B&B, they went above and beyond in warm hospitality. Plenty of great food, warm comfortable beds, and good conversation. I'd go back in a minute!

Our best Christmas ever!

by TripAdvisor Member PorcupineTracker

My husband and I have had some very bad experiences with B&Bs. We swore we would never stay at one again. But when we decided to visit Yellowstone over Christmas for 4 days, we found the Gardiner Guest House the best deal in town. To make a long story short, we found this B&B to be absolutely perfect. Very comfortable beds and the house was stocked with everything we could possibly want or need (the sewing kit in our room came in very handy!) The breakfast powered us through a whole day of cross country skiing. Nance and Richard were very friendly and helpful without being intrusive. They also went way out of their way to provide us a very special Christmas morning. I don't hesitate to recommend the Gardiner Guest House to anyone.

Comments