Fairfield Inn Great Falls

bri4444's Profile Photo

2 and half star's is fair, Marriot or not

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 29, 2013

If you are a business traveler there are nicer hotels, value for money excellent for me. I would think the general Marriott hotel would be listed as at least 3 and half stars to 4 and up. As 2 and half level accommodation I was more then happy with what I got as a secret hotel bid that I made. All staff were eager to help and were very friendly. In general I don't think that there will be a lot of demand for high end hotels in Great Falls but for a few dollars more could get Holiday Inn which would have slightly newer accommodation but not a free breakfast.

I arrived a day before traveling to Denver from Calgary as flying out of Great Falls is a lot cheaper then flying out of YYC. As a secret hotel I was happy only 2 blocks from The Holiday Mall and also central to something to do and several dinning options along 10 ave. According to people getting out of the pool the one at Holiday Inn was a lot warmer. I didn't have a swim suit so this wasn't a problem for me. The wash room and shower were below average with toiletries being low end but better then nothing. Front desk had free items if you forgot anyting, I didn't bother, there is a dollar store also just across the road. One big negative was their isn't a shuttle to the airport, so if that is your plan it will cost approx 12 dollars by taxi, the only one in town is Diamond Cab. The bed was very comfortable.

I was happy with what I got as a 2 and half star hotel. If you are going by the name Marriott, DON'T, you will be disappointed. I would stay there again if not flying out of Great Falls the next day, I think if I were to be flying next day might be tempted to get 3 star hotel as think might get free shuttle included if happen to get Holiday Inn for selection and that could very well be the case for all of them at 3 star in the Great Falls area?

Unique Quality: Location, the waffle machine made a really nice fresh waffle that I was very happy with.

Directions: 9th ave across one block from the only mall in Great Falls

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Great Falls Travel Forum

Need advice about Great Falls, Montana? Visit the Travel Forum for Great Falls and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Great Falls hotel reviews