Fairfield Inn By Marriott Helena Montana

Orbitz.com Helena MT Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Helena

Required State Capitol PhotoRequired State Capitol Photo

The cow-boy, a Montanan symbol.The cow-boy, a Montanan symbol.

Last Chance Gulch MallLast Chance Gulch Mall

Montana Capitol Building, HelenaMontana Capitol Building, Helena

Travel Tips for Helena

You must visit the Montana...

by jogee43

You must visit the Montana State Historical Society which has quite a nice collection of Charlie Russell's work in it.
We have a very lovely state capitol building as well. Since I've only lived here for 3 months, I don't have too many 'memories'. However, my first visit to Helena was in 1961 when it was still sort of 'rough and wild' and I really enjoyed tramping around the hills on the edge of town in my roommate's Jeep and trying to vicariously experience the feeling of the 'old days' in Helena's gold-mining history.
We live on the south hills of Helena and I absolutely love the views from there, especially at night.

Getting to Helena

by melissa_bel

From Billings, there 2 ways to get there. Either take I-90 past Bozeman then the 287 north to Helena or, a another scenic route (89) north by the Crazy moutains and Castle Moutains and then 12 west. like we did.
This is a picture of the Crazy moutains at sunset.
Both are really worth the ride.

Big Sky Montana - Helena Page

by BigSkyMT

Welcome to Helena, Montana, Queen city of the Rockies! I thought I'd give anyone interested the benefit of my living in the middle of some of the most beautiful country in the world.

Helena is the capital city of Montana. Within a 30 mile drive of Helena are 3 major lakes (reservoirs) on the Missouri River:
Canyon Ferry Lake
Hauser Lake
Holter Lake

Holter lake is the location of the famous "Gates of the Mountains" named by the explorers Lewis & Clark.

Montana, of course will be the location of lots of celebrations for the 200th anniversary of the Lewis and Clark expedition in 2002!!!

Comments