Kootenai Falls Hotels

Our Members Say

• detroitdog profile photo detroitdog
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

kootenai cabin: kootenai cabin

The Kootenai cabin is owned by the same people who rent the Montana Cabin. The Montana Cabin is a wonderful place. Really nice.

The Kootenai Cabin is billed as being secluded and is anything but. Granted it is a little hard to get there, but surrounded by other cabins and many many people. The cabin was invaded by pack rats every night we stayed there. They came into the solar panel control room and through the clothes washer. I'm thankful we had our dog there because they were all over that cabin and under the beds. They made an awful racket all night long, every night we were there. You have not heard anything until you have heard rats crawling up the vent pipes to get into the washer and then out of that and into where you are! All night long. The night we had a thunder/lightening storm was the worst. I have to say that the rats were very upset by that storm. I believe that their burrows may have been flooded. Safe to say we had more rats that night.

The refrigerator was propane and did not work right. It was not fit to cool water much less keep food for a few days. We had to go to the Amish store (a real find!) to get ice every day to keep our food fresh.

I mentioned the rats and the refrigerator to the owners and they did not view any of that as a problem. No refund. Extra charges. Such a wonderful time. We left early.

Saw my first moose! The Amish people and farms are fantastic. The Amish store was a real find. Be sure to get some cinnamon rolls and jam to take home.

• Opinion of Price: about average