Mountain Valley Inn

lizilex's Profile Photo

Great Amenities, Below "Budget Chain" Prices

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 28, 2005

The Mountain Valley Inn is a excellent choice for the traveller who wants to stay in downtown Missoula at a reasonable price. Our room was large and included two reading chairs with end table and a desk and desk chair. The carpet was a bit worn and the bath was not brand new, but everything was immaculate and the room was very comfortable.

I originally found this motel listed somewhere on the net as accepting pets, so when their website made no mention of pets one way or the other, I emailed the general manager (her email is on the webpage) to inquire. I got an almost immediate response indicating my dog would be welcome as long as she was not left alone in the room. So when we arrived, I was flabbergasted to see “No Pets” signs in two locations. However, the desk clerk soon had it all sorted out and in we went with the dog. If you are planning on bringing a pet, I would *definitely* recommend you get email confirmation that the pet will be welcome.

I was a little concerned about the possibility of noise when I realized the motel is next to a hospital, but either the room is adequately soundproofed or the ambulances mute their sirens at night, because I was never wakened by sirens.

The staff were exceptionally gracious and helpful.

Recommended by AAA (two diamonds) and Frommer's.

Unique Quality: Expanded cable TV, in room coffee maker and hair dryer, iron and ironing board available free on request. Refrigerator and/or microwave available for small additional charge. Complimentary tea, hot chocolate, coffee, fresh fruit and cookies available 24 hours a day in reception area.

Free local telephone calls, free high speed internet access, fitness center, coin operated guest laundry, guest library/lounge.

Free covered parking, winter plug-ins.

The room price includes a choice of four small hot breakfasts at the adjacent restaurant (Knuckleheads BBQ, see separate tip) or $3 per person off your choice of any breakfast on the menu.

Excellent website with lots of information and links for Missoula and western Montana.

We paid only $53 (AAA rate) for a double room in August 2005. I can't imagine there's a better value to be had in Missoula. I'm looking forward to staying here again.

Directions: Orange Street exit from Interstate 90, six blocks south to Broadway.

Missoula Travel Forum

Need advice about Missoula, Montana? Visit the Travel Forum for Missoula and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Missoula hotel reviews