49708 US Highway 93 East, Polson, Montana, 59860, United States

BEST WESTERN PLUS KwaTaqNuk Resort
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Don't stay on the south side of the Lake unless yo

If I had planned on needing to worry about security of my family, I would of drove another hour to another town.
    This hotel is awful! First of all, the hotel advertises a clean and welcoming environment but when we arrived, we were surrounded by perps (aka Customers) (I'm a police officer). While standing in a smoke filled lobby. I should of known there were going to be problems after seeing a Tribal Police office adjacent to the entrance.
    After getting our key, we decided to check the room. As we walked to our room, a perp came up very close to my back as I was walking. (less than 6 inches) I stopped, moved myself and my children and my Wife to the side and ask him to pass. He refused and I had to order him but he still refused. I then informed him I was a cop and informed him to move along. He finally did after several informative statements but walked down the hallway and exited through the fire escape. He appeared to be heavily impaired and up to no good.
    This was disturbing but I refused to give up $89.00 and the fact we would have to drive an hour to the next big town for a different hotel. My expectations were small but I was hoping to get a quiet nice room with a hot shower. Because of all the perps milling about, the pool was not a possibility for my kids.
    We then were able to get to bed and woke up about 8:00 am were I discovered that our shower was not hot but cold to luke warm at best. It was like taking a shower when the hot water heater is going out. That was bad but who cares, we were leaving right? Well I went down stairs and looked for a luggage cart. I found one in the parking garage and it had about four long pieces of lumber on it for someone who was doing some construction. The only other cart was in the corner and covered by a maid's cart hidden from plain view. I end up moving the maid's cart and grabbing that one.
    We packed up and walked out the door into the parking garage into a huge cloud of dust from a leaf blower. I was so upset because even my children were dirty and gritty from the dust. (I have one child with Asthma and a 3 month old baby)
    This has to be the worst hotel and I have learned a lesson to read these reviews before committing. The previous review, “If you don't smoke or pack a weapon keep driving”, is spot on...
    Check reviews and look for reviews from folks with your situation and expectations. Stay away from BEST WESTERN PLUS KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino. It's unsafe and poor service.

Unique Quality: Not safe for family visits.

Directions: Stay away from hotels on the south end of the lake

More about Best Western KwaTaqNuk Resort

The Rancho, Polson
Kwataqnuk...

by mdejong

The Rancho, Polson
Kwataqnuk Resort
My home away from home - both the Rancho and the Kwataqnuk Salmon special - The Rancho

Comments