Glacier Highland Resort

#3 of 13 hotels in West Glacier
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 107 reviews
chazbo Aug 17, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Where do I begin? I am a well-seasoned traveler and have NEVER experienced such a horrible hotel.

I stayed for 7 nights (on business) and attempted to contact the manager of this hotel during my stay, and he NEVER reached out to contact me to acknowledge my 2-page handwritten note and did not address my concerns. He basically ignored me and never contacted me. INEXCUSABLE and extremely unprofessional.

For starters, when I checked into my room, it was filthy. Dirty carpet (never vacuumed or cleaned), hair on the sink in the bathroom, very lumpy pillows, no Kleenex or shampoo, extremely dim lighting (could not even see my face to shave in the bathroom), no A.C. or coffee, and a musty FOUL odor that was nauseating. And my room was across the street from the railroad station, so I was awakened by trains every hour during the night. All of this for a whopping $95.00!! MAJOR RIP-OFF!!!

In addition, there was no wi-fi and no cell service for my entire stay. The plugs in my room were so ancient that I could not even plug my computer into the wall. When I called the office to ask for a 3-prong adapter, a very rude woman in the office replied, "Get your own 3-prong adapter. We don't have one and do not supply them for our guests." She then actaully HUNG UP IN MY FACE.!! OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau to investigate this place, as well as any hotel/motel associations they are affiliated with.

I travel on average 100 days per year, in the US and abroad, and have NEVER stayed in a worse place in all my 20 years of traveling.

DO NOT EVER STAY IN THIS RAT TRAP!!!!!!!!!! Not fit for humans. There are plenty of MUCH NICER places near the West Entrance to Glacier National Park to stay, including some of the campgrounds!

Nearby Glacier Highland Resort

Amenities at Glacier Highland Resort

• Restaurant
  • Free Parking

West Glacier Travel Forum

Need advice about West Glacier, Montana? Visit the Travel Forum for West Glacier and ask our Answer Gurus.

West Glacier Travel Guide