Days Inn Grand Island

Days Inn - Grand Island
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Grand Island

A HUGE LOBBY AREA JUST INSIDE THE ENTRANCEA HUGE LOBBY AREA JUST INSIDE THE ENTRANCE

A model railroad under construction in the depotA model railroad under construction in the depot

An old water wagon on displayAn old water wagon on display

RESTAURANT AND BARRESTAURANT AND BAR

Travel Tips for Grand Island

~ Grand Island, Nebraska ~

by noidiotsplease

Located west of Lincoln in the plains of South Central Nebraska, Grand Island is a regional hub town where my mother was born. I spent the night at a hotel in Grand Island in 1991, while on a family road trip to Colorado with my parents and brother. While there, we drove around the town to find the landmarks that were important to my mom’s early childhood: the house where she lived, the elementary school where she attended, and the hospital where she was born. During our tour of the city, I noticed that Grand Island also has a small zoo.

"I-80: The Nebraska Plains"

Grand Island is bypassed to the south by Interstate 80. Heading west out of Grand Island, we took I-80 past other principal towns, like Kearney, North Platte, and Ogallala, before reaching the Colorado border. This rural southwestern region of Nebraska is certainly part of the Great Plains, characterized by lots of wide-open fields and farmlands. Contrasting with neighboring Kansas, however, the terrain here is noticeably hillier, and the western part, near Ogallala, even has a few rocky outcrops.

Visit my NEBRASKA page.