Indian Head Resort Hotel
664 US ROUTE 3, LINCOLN, Lincoln, Nebraska, 3251, United States
More about Indian Head Resort Hotel
will not return to Indian Head Resort 12 year repeat guest
My family and i just returned from the Indian Head Resort and i will be looking for a new vacation spot. We have visited for the past 12 years 1-3 times per year. In the past few years more like once a year because the place has been gradually deteriorating.Both property and service. It's a shame because this resort used to be a great place to take the kids. Now if you swim in their pool you may end up in your local emergency room.This afternoon one of the employees dumped 2 pails of chlorine or bleach into the shallow end of the indoor pool while at least ten young children were swimming. We had to go to the outdoor pool because just being in the pool room at this point would burn your eyes never mind swimming in it. Two of my kids have red dot and are complaining of burning skin. The burning skin goes for all of us as well as friends who went with us. Notice the property disclaimer about not being responsible for damage to bathing suits. The outdoor hot tub was constantly breaking down as it was last summer when we visited. (Should've learned my lesson then). Now for the restaurant. The food and the service were HORRIble. At breakfast we had the buffet and were halfway done eating when i realized i had to go find somebody and ask for drinks as did friends who ate a little later than us. The buffet trays are not kept fresh or refilled as needed. For dinner you can probably expect your food to be cold on the inside about 50 percent of the time. Any good you have heard about this place was true about 5 years ago. It is in a great location and has everything going for it but unfortunately ownership just doen't seem to care. I believe they are surviving on their past reputation because thats how good this place USED to be. My family and I will miss it, but this was the last straw!
One of our best vacations ever!
My daughter and I visited the Indian Head Resort for the first time this summer. The motel is an older building but our Lakeview room was clean and modern. The room had a little bit of a musty smell but the new renuzit odor absorber spray could easily fix that. Maintenance issues we encountered were minor. We enjoyed the swimming pools, lake, boating and other facilities. The restaurant meals were very good and the service was excellent. We arrived a day late due to airline cancellations and management didn't charge us for the missed night. Staff were very willing to be of help when asked. As a result, we enjoyed the Indian Head resort and the White Mountains and had one of the funnest vacations we've had in years.
Wonderful family resort.
My wife and I spent 3 nights in most comfortable accomodations at Indiian Head Resort. Our large room had plenty of furniture and a balcony over-looking the beautiful mountains. For $30/day, we opted for the modified American plan. Good choice. Very good food with plenty of choices.
Indian Head Resort is perfect for families as it provides nightly entertainment for both children and adults, all at no charge. There is a large outdoor and an indoor swimming pool, weight room, paddle boats on a lovely lake surrounded by the White Mountains.
Although we are senior citizens on a visit from Florida, most of the guests were young families with children. No bother. Rather, a delightful time was had watching the young families enjoying their time at Indian Head.
Do'n't stay here!
On our way to Vermont we had a one night stop at the Idian Head Resort. When entering the 'hotel' lobby for checking in, there was this terrible smell. A combination of food and dust. The check in desk looked chaotic. The staff didn't seem to be interested in us. No welcome, no nice words. Not clean at all. Papers and stuff everywhere. Our room was located on the other side of the road. From the outside it looked ok, but the room itself was a dark, funghi cave, smelling like a wet raincoat hanging in a cupboard for several week. We tried to find out where this smell came from. It appeared to be the showercurtain. After one short night we decided to leave the Indian Head Resort as early as possible to get away quickly from this 'waste of money resort' . Don't stay here!
Would Never Go There Again
We heard a lot about the Indian Head Resort and we went on line to see photos of the rooms it doesn't even come close to what these rooms look like. They're old and in need of repairs, they did some kind of renovation to the rooms which in my opinion hasn't been finish, the pictures doesn't give you the best impression of the rooms. When we went to check in the staff said we had the best room the lake side view, I couldn't see the lake from my room. When we went to check in it was a disaster, and we were given a key card to someone else room. When we walked into the room someone was taking a shower. We quickly went back to the office and were given other rooms we went back and fourth for almost a 1/2 half. The staff at this resort definitely needs some training in customer service, no one smiled or talked very much. The pools were clean and the hot tube has electrical tape around the box were the button is to turn the hot tub on. There is also an exposed electrical plug near the hot tub stairs. In one of our rooms my niece found a dirty diaper under the bedspread. We told the manager who said housekeeping would take care of it. When we left on Sunday the diaper still wasn't disposed of. The rooms definitely need an upgrade, the plumbing is obselete on more than one occasion I didn't have hot water. There are stairs that are cracked and railing that are dangerously loose. Its a hazard for small children or elderly people. I would definitely advise anyone not to go to this resort it needs to be shut down and upgraded with a complete renovation of electrical, beds, etc. And the staff needs to be trained properly.
I have been going to Indian Head for 6 years and I do usually know what to expect from the bungalows as I have stayed here in the past including a month before this terrible experience,When we arrived after a long trip there we were told the bungalow would not be ready for some time but we could use pool.The clorine in the pool was so bad it burned our eyes and changed my bathing suit color.We didnt get into bungalow until 5pm.When we finally got in all the rugs were wet.The floor in the living room had a huge lump in the middle of it and the bathroom had indoor/outdoor fake grass,not very clean.The lump in floor caused 2 of the kids to fall in the middle of the night trying to get to bathroom.The next day we requested towels and toilet paper at 2pm no one came so we called again at 5 pm still nothing so we went to dinner without showering came home at 830 still no housekeeping so we called for the 3rd time and finally someone from housekeeping came.We showed the floor to the housekeeper and asked him what that was, His face spoke for himself all he could do was to tell us to say something to the front desk in the morning,which did no good at all.Also if you are in bungalows watch your legs on the beds 2 years in a row one of our kids cut there thier leg on the end of the bed frame which is very sharp.We complained to the front desk about all the problems and filled out a complaint form but none of that did any good so now we know we better give The Beacon a try cause Indian Head has gone downhill quickly
Popular Hotels in Lincoln
View all Lincoln hotels
View all Lincoln hotels
Indian Head Resort Hotel
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Indian Head Resort
- Indian Head Motel
- Indian Head Hotel Lincoln
Address: 664 US ROUTE 3, LINCOLN, Lincoln, Nebraska, 3251, United States