Carol Hotel Omaha

4888 South 118th Street, (formerly Clarion Hotel West Omaha), Omaha, Nebraska, 68137, United States

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• “Very Clean!! I would stay there again.”

I had reservations for one night on our trip out west to California. The hotel was very nice, affordable and clean. The staff was very polite and accommodating. I enjoyed the accommodations so much that I stayed again on my return back east. The room I had did not have a microwave or refrigerator, however the front desk had maintenance provide me with one within 10 minutes of my requesting them. The person at the front counter was very pleasant to talk to. I found the room to be clean and fresh smelling. That was a nice surprise! Rooms were quiet, not much street noise. Continental breakfast was good. Easy access to I-80. Also there are several restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay here again, and I would recommend this motel to others.

Unique Quality: Kiddie Pool, and Hot Tub as well

• A lot has changed, apparently

We were planning to stay in Omaha. It was during the same time as a major event (Buffett meeting), and many hotels were already full. Those that had space took advantage of the situation and tripled prices. This hotel was $98 per night for a standard room with a single queen bed.

I read reviews as I normally do, as I find this site very useful. All I can say is, things have drastically changed since February! The hot tub was out of order, the free breakfast no where to be found, the internet connection sporadic and weak. Our room was clean enough, but the furnishings were worn and the room smelled strongly of baby powder (not the worst scent, but still very strong)

We noticed a bit of wood or something nailed above the shower head, and surmised that there were issues in the past. We learned otherwise. In the wee hours of the morn, I woke up to the sound of water dripping - from the ceiling above the shower and the adjacent sink area. The front desk was unconcerned, and promised to make a note to have it looked at sometime later.

There was no hotel guide in the room, no notepad or pen, no channel guide, no internet connection instructions. The toiletries were cheap, and the towels thin. When we checked out, we tried adding our Clarion membership number and were told, despite all the signage, that the hotel was no longer part of the chain.

We will choose another hotel if we are ever in Omaha again.

• great place to stay

Well I was in town for three days doing this and that, that's about it for my trip really. My room did me well it was nice and clean and fresh for me the whole time. My stay here was smooth and not a whole lot to worry about so I will be checking it out again next time if there is one.

• great stay

I had a nice stay the other night at this hotel down in omaha. My favorite thing I must say would have been the breakfast in the morning and my least favorite thing was definitely the cold its way too cold in omaha. I don't think they should have build a town in omaha because its too cold there. But since they did they built a warm hotel to make up for it so it's ok.

• good hotel

I stayed at this hotel for three days as I had to take care of some business over in Omaha. My stay went quite smoothly with virtually no headaches other than those of my business. My stress related to the hotel itself was minimal and for that I am greatful.

• great stay

Well my room was clean and comfy, the breakfast was delicious and well prepared, and the pool was warm and refreshing as weird as that sounds... The only thing I think they could improve on is drying up the floor a bit more in the exercise room.

• not a bad hotel

I was on my way home from a little excursion I went on 3/4 the way accross the country and i stumbled upon the carol in Omaha. I wasnt sure at first what it would be like since I had never heard of it before, turned out to be just fine. I would recomment to anyone who needs a stay in Omaha.

• delicious breakfast

While it was very cold outside I still managed to have a great stay. The heat in my room worked fine so I was nice and toasty. One thing i must comment on is the breakfast in the morning, absolutely delectable.

• fine hotel

I was very pleased when I stayed a night at the carol hotel. It was right off of the interstate so that saved me alot of time not having to drive too far away from the road. The pool and breakfast were excellent and my room was cleaned very well for me.

• carol review

I wasn't actually at the hotel a whole lot of time because I came in late and left early in the morning. But for the little time I was there I had a pleasant stay. Staff was courtious and my room was perfect. No worries.

• a good choice in omaha

Well it wasn't much out of the ordinary it was just the average experience anyone would have at a hotel but I would say it was a little better. Even if I was the nitpicky type of person I wouldn't find a whole lot to complain about.

• good price

I flew into town for my son's tournament and needed a place to stay the night so i went looking around at what was close by and stumbled upon the carol and figured i would check the place out. It did just fine for me even provided a healthy meal in the morning.

• great hotel

We arrived at about 8 oclock pm needing a place to stay for just the night. The carol did a grand job of accommodating us with a queen bed. The room was very well prepared and cleaned for us we were quite happy.

• two thumbs up on the breakfast

provided a nice place to stay on our way to denver. My favorite part was of course the breakfast, but closely following was the 9 foot deep pool and hottub(not 9 feet deep) these were simply facinating for a hotel to have.

• not bad

I was on a very tight schedule on a cross country business trip and it just so happened that I ended up in Omaha when it was time to get off the road for a night. So I got off the interstate and noticed this place and figured I might as well check it out. Turns out the place was great and they surprised me in the morning with a fantastic complimentary breakfast that was better than your average hotel breakfast.

Comments