1001 Cass St, Omaha, Nebraska, 68102, United States

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Touted as the Best Hotel in Omaha

Lavish but soul less, efficient service without a smile, a businessman's hotel and you saw more ties and suits than at a political inauguration! I was in town to give a lecture and it was a comfortable hotel, but everything is geared for the business people, to extract as much money as possible 10 dollars to park the car, 10 dollars per day for internet, coffee served without cheer, breakfast not included, and the hotel restaurant which desparately needs a new cook..

Unique Quality: Comfortable Rooms
    Central Location
    if you are here for a concert, you can just walk over to QWest centre.
    Very close to the airport
    But let me tell you, I would have much happier if they have put me up in a less pretentious hotel and invited me to a better restaurant than the one in the hotel..

• The Best Hotel here by far

This is where I would stay if I was in Omaha. Nothing else even compares. It's kind of expensive, but it's new, clean and close to the main attractions and airport. If you can't afford this, the Embassy Suites downtown isn't a bad alternative. I would skip over the Doubletree, it's age is really starting to show. There are numerous other chains for smaller-medium budgets such as Comfort Inn, Econo Lounge, Marriotts, Holiday Inn, etc.

Directions: Convention Center, close to Old Market

• Hilton

This hotel is brand new and located very close to the airport. It is close to the old market and connected to the quest center. The rooms are new and clean and they have a nice bar, pool and workout room.
    If you are in the military, don't forget to ask about government room rates! I got a sweet deal.

More about Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha Impresses New Yorkers!

Booked a room for my parents, traveling cross country on their way to Denver. They could not have been happier. The staff were courteous. The hotel is not far from I-80, is only a few years old, and is beautifully maintained. Black granite countertops in the bathrooms, and an unbelievably comfortable bed. My dad said that the restaurant, where they had dinner, was among the best hotel restaurants he’s ever dined in. My parents had breakfast in the restaurant as well. You will not be disappointed.

1st Class Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KJUW

I spent two nights at the Hilton Omaha during a business conference and was very impressed. The hotel is large and has beautiful facilities. Lots of glass in the lobby and conference area make the hotel bright. The rooms are good sized with very comfortable beds, large bathrooms, and a wide range of cable TV stations to choose from. Check in and check out were easy and quick. There is a free airport shuttle that will also take you to other places around town. Although on the outskirts of downtown Omaha, its only a ten minute walk to the Old Market area. The reasons I couldn't give the hotel a perfect rating was that they charged for high speed internet access (I still don't understand how most budget hotels can offer this service for free and upscale hotels charge for it). Also, the walls were thin. My door had about an inch and a half gap at the bottom and hallway noise was very loud. My room also had a door connecting to the room next to it and I could hear every word and footstep in there (not to mention the phone and alarm clock). That's not uncommon in hotels but when you stay someplace nicer you expect at least some soundproofing.

Shockingly good

Shocked because we've been staying in dreadful motels/hotels in Lincoln so we didn't think a good hotel existed in Nebraska.
The Hilton Omaha told me they are the only 4 diamond hotel in the state.
Location: views from both sides are strangely interesting/architectural even though they are of a sea of concrete surrounding the Qwest Center (Omaha visitor and convention center). You could also see cars whizzing past on a branch of the interstate.

The walk to the Old Market area is more than 3 blocks as some other reviewers suggested and the 6/7 blocks would be a little far in extremely hot or cold weather- you'd want to use the hotel's shuttle or drive. We almost stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel which is right across from the Market but switched to the Hilton Omaha after reading favorable reviews.

Exterior appearance and public areas: Initially the hotel looks like a plain, modern rectangular bldg but as you pull up to the front you become aware of beautiful and interesting ceramic sculptures and glass mosaic tiles adorning the front.

Public areas and dining areas are gorgeous but not in a glitzy way- these are furnishings and artwork you'd actually want to have in your home especially if you like contemporary stuff. Lots of dark rich woods, granite accents etc.

Room was beautiful and the highlight were the fabulous sheets- Frette quality. Bed was comfortable but not as good as our beds at home- could've been a little more supportive but did not cause any back aches or problems. I like the way better hotels are now using down comforters/duvets but actually find them a bit too warm and think another alternative should be stored in each guest room. Our room had 2 double beds and each bed came with 4 down pillows.
Temp controls were via a thermostat rather than a motel-like heating/cooling wall unit. Soundproofing was excellent- no vehicular noise or interior noise heard. We paid 119 for the room which was an amazing bargain considering the quality. Another person in our group paid even less (112?) AARP rate. We added on breakfast for two for an additional 10 per room "bounce back Hilton" rate.

Breakfast was disappointing. Both mornings the coffee was too weak and watery. A large buffet and omelet station is available- food quality was mediocre-yucky commercial pastries and bad bread- typical of most US chain hotels. Ambiance, however, was wonderful because of the stunning decor, wall of windows, eating outside was also an option. The waitresses were good. The chef and evening menu sounded very interesting but we decided not to risk eating there because of the mediocre breakfast.

Indoor pool, exercise room and massage/treatment rooms all spacious and beautiful. A small courtyard is off on one end of the pool so you can sun bathe sitting upright in chairs (no chaise lounges available).

There was a charge for internet access and use of the exercise room but we didn't mind paying since our room rate was already low and the property was so beautiful and special. Parking is also an additional charge- you can self park or pay even more for valet parking.
During our stay the hotel was almost empty except for airline crews.
Off the lobby is an espresso bar with pastries- this might be a better option if a good cup of coffee is important to you.
On future trips to Omaha we'd enthusiastically look forward to staying here again and are very glad we didn't stay at the Old Market Embassy Suites. I dislike the dark, windowless living rooms of E Suites and am sure they don't have sheets like the Hilton's!

Great Hotel

First let me say we use this site often. This year we have traveled to Jamaica, Germany, and London. We have used this site each time to choose a room and rely on the inputs of other travelers.

We spent one night at the Hilton in Omaha. They were exceptionally friendly and very helpful. We stayed on the executive floor, which may have helped. The beds were very comfortable and clean rooms. The indoor pool and Jacuzzi were clean and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Omaha.

Nice place!

My intention was to stay at this hotel for a 3 night business trip, but when I discovered that my business would last for two more nights I approached the front desk for help. They were very professional and, although they were obviously booked (the lobby was overflowing), the Staff was very accomodating and allowed me to continue my reservation.

Like other reviews I've read, the rooms are nicely porportioned and the room's internet, tv, etc., are all great conveniences. The gym was nice with good equipment but busy with it's non-hotel clientele. I assume that's how they're able to afford all the equipment as most hotels tend to get a little cheap in the area of the workout facility.

I didn't agree with a few of the reviewers regarding lack of restaurants. Hotel restaurants are typically a little pricier than a local establishment, but I had several good meals there. And, if you don't mind walking the three blocks to the Old Market, there are many more shops and restaurants to keep you entertained and fed.

I had a nice time in Omaha and would like to visit again. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic getaway or more especially to business travelers (very convenient to Eppley Airport).

Great Hotel/Great Staff/Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member ewb

Was able to use their Zip in Check in. Called down to get a Crib, was brought up within 5 minutes. We stayed on the Executive Floor, entitled us to free soda and water, on Saturday night we had free dessert and Sunday Morning there was buffet set up. We drank and ate more than the 20 dollars extra it cost to stay on the secured floor.

The Room was nice, bed heavenly, and bathroom well equiped.

We swam at night, and the indoor pool and hot tub was a great escape from the bitter cold.

Note: they do charge you 8 bucks a night for parking.

We will stay here again and recommend the hotel to everyone.

Stranded on the way home to Chicago

by TripAdvisor Member burchard

It is not often that a hotel can take the most of an exhausting situation and turn it into a phenomenal experience. Following our cruise last week, our direct flight from LA to Chicago was diverted to Omaha. At the time not only had we already been traveling 12 hours but we also had checked all of our bags through on UAL, and needless to say they made it to Chicago on an earlier flight and due to weather we did not. So here we are, no luggage, four of us, not even makeup bag or dob kits. UAL hosts us at the Hilton and the experience was incredible. We checked in quickly and requested some "emergency personal care items, contact solution, etc." They found an open drug store and had the items in our room immediately - no charge! Personal care kits - tooth brushes, deoderant, no problem, beautiful silk bags with all the essential items - again no charge. Telephone use - cell phone batteries near dead and charger chords in suitcases, no problem, use ours. Clean, comfortable rooms, staff that would give their right arm for you - would not hesitate to recommend this hotel - I travel extensively across the country, 20 to 30 nights per year in Hyatts, Westins, etc. and never had this level of service, hats off to you Hilton!!!!!

Comments