Hacienda Hotel & Casino

US Highway 93, (formerly Gold Strike Inn), Boulder City, Nevada, 89005, United States

Hotels.com AMOMA.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

• No concern for customer service

We had a bad experience on our December visit and I sent an e-mail detailing this. I followed up with the one below shortly after. Then I called and left a message for the manager. I received NO RESPONSE from them to these. We, as detailed, have been loyal customers for years and I guess that they don't care and therefore we are now visiting another casino/hotel. Must be nice to be so profitable that you don't care.
    ____________________________________________________________________
    December 26, 2011

I recently sent you two identical e-mails detailing our dissatisfaction with our December 1st, my 70th birthday, visit to the Hacienda. After approximately two weeks, except for the automated response, with no reply we have decided to no longer visit the Hacienda. As I indicated, we have been staying there usually once a month, under my girl friends name, for two nights and eating at the buffet along with gambling. We do not ever utilize casino cards for personal reasons.

I can only assume that your property enjoys a 100% occupancy in the hotel and a very high rate of return on gambling at all times as well as fantastic food sales and therefore the loss of a steady local customer has no benefit to your bottom line. Customer service continues to be an important part of doing business except in your case obviously.

Thank you for the many years in the past that we enjoyed the Hacienda and we will now take our business to those that still appreciate the patronage of a loyal local customer. Goodbye.
    ___________________________________________________________________
    Lew

• Jeff42's Profile Photo

Beautiful Dam Hotel & Casino

Hotel: Important Note! If you want a tub/shower combo, you MUST request a handicapped room. The regular rooms and even the regular suites only have showers. The only other option is to request a "special suite" with a single person jacuzzi tub, which is kinda high at $129/night. I reserved my room by phone and they quoted the same rates as their website, $79.95 for a scenic view handicapped smoking room. When I checked in, the nice young lady told me they had a special going and gave me a $10 discount. My room ended up being on the top floor overlooking Lake Mead and the surrounding hills...Beautiful!! I was happy with the room, even though it is an older design without central air and heat. There is a large wall unit climate control under the window. Elevator service was always fast and never crowded, like everything else in the place.

Casino: The slot club is located in the gift shop at the west end of the casino. I joined and earned enough comps in 4 hours for a free buffet plus $11 in cash comps, which I used in the gift shop. The casino offer table games(blackjack, craps, roulette with low mins) and plenty of slots, video poker and Keno at all denoms from penny to dollar. The casino also hosts a free video poker tournament everyday, hosted by the resident Elvis impersonator. Prizes range from $100 to $1000 and drawing are held often to win 4000 points.

Food: There is a snack bar on the casino floor offering all types and varieties of sandwiches, burgers and Mexican food but at around $5 per item, I thought the prices were kinda high. I tried the lunch buffet instead. It was Very good for $7.95 and offered many choices; spagetti, tortiini, sausage and peppers, baked fish, turkey ala king, fried chicken, etc, and a salad bar. The breakfast buffet was good but much more spartan in variety, $5.50. There is also a steakhouse onsite and the prices looked very reasonable, lots of entrees for under $20.

Unique Quality: Close to Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. Comfortable, uncrowded and peaceful location. Very beautiful surroundings.

Just 2 miles above Hoover Dam, this traveler friendly hotel offers unexpensive rooms, quality food and entertainment and clean facilities. It is now owned by the National Parks Service and is just 1-2 miles from Hoover Dam on Highway 93. The hotel overlooks Lake Mead(see pic from my room window, room#1763 on the top floor, 17th floor).

Here are the prices from their website...

Room Type Weekday Weekend Holiday/Special Events
    Regular $59.95 $79.95 Call
    Scenic View $79.95 $99.95 Call
    Suite $89.95 $109.95 Call
    Special Suite $129.95 $159.95 Call

Theater: There are 2 theaters showing first run movies. Prices are $8, $5 for seniors and kids. Sweeney Todd was playing and another top movie. There is a snack bar with hotdogs, pizza, popcorn, etc next to the theaters.

Arcade: Yes, there is one. I didn't look inside.

Directions: The Hacienda Hotel & Casino is located
    on U.S. Highway 93 near Hoover Dam,
    25 minutes from Las Vegas in Boulder City.

Comments