Boulder City Hotels

Our Members Say

• guitarbetty profile photo guitarbetty
  • Reviews: 1

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

El Rancho Boulder: Boulder Logic

I was looking for a hotel that accepted pets, which they do for an additional $10 per pet. While the place was clean, the bed was lumpier than a Mexican hotel. The treatment we received was very interesting. My friend arrived several days later, and while I must have discussed this with the lady at the front desk at least four times, she later said I never told her that her daughter was also coming. And then she wanted me to pay up front for the three additional nights we had reserved. I have never pre-paid for a room. And she kept calling me honey and sweetie. I am a 55 year old woman and wondered if she would have treated me that way if I were a man. All in all the city is lovely, very safe, lots of places to walk and drive to visit, and mostly the people are very friendly. I will not stay here again, however, as there seems to be many nice motels in this area.

1950's attitude

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written November 29, 2009

• rivergirl88 profile photo rivergirl88
  • Reviews: 2

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bootleg Canyon: Free Camping

If you are on a budget, or looking for a free spot to pitch a tent or just park the camper van, then Bootleg Canyon is the spot. You get what you pay for in the way of designated campsites - there are none. It is basically just a dirt parking lot at the bottom of a great mountain biking destination. But the cool part is that it's quiet, relatively safe, and in the morning you can take a FREE shower in the brand-spankin' new restroom facilities. You even have a choice of indoor or outdoor showers. If you are into mountain biking, this is a great setup. You can ride all day, head to the bottom of the hill where you have set up base camp, shower, eat and wake up bright and early with the trails to yourself. Even if you are just passing through, and don't mind the primitive and non-developed scene, this place is a good spot to spend a night or two. There is a donation box near the pavilion if you would like to leave a little cash tip to encourage things stay the same.

Great views, killer mountain biking, and restrooms with showers.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive