Hampton Inn & Suites Henderson

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Hampton Inn & Suites Henderson

Convenient, Friendly Base for Vegas Area Adventures

by TripAdvisor Member ActiveTraveler07

Everyone at the Hampton Inn Henderson from front desk staff to housekeeping and grounds keeping were extremely friendly. The free breakfast was awesome, and the outdoor pool and hot tub were a great place to relax in the evening. The beds were comfortable and the room clean and welcoming.

We stayed for 2 nights and wanted to come back by at the end of our visit but they were booked full. A great place to base a Vegas area trip, especially if you are visiting spots outside the city proper- but not a bad commute into the Strip either.

We stayed in Henderson while settling in to our week-long visit to the area and used it as our base for visits to Valley of Fire State Park (I highly recommend it) and Boulder City (avoid Mondays and later evenings, everything closes around 5:30pm, and many shops are closed on Mondays) and Ethel M's Cactus Garden (great intro to southwestern plant life) before heading off for 3 nights in Death Valley.

The area around the hotel is a bit traffic-y, but certainly manageable. It's a high volume area because it contains every big box store and chain known to man. If you forget anything, there is a drug store, camera store and even a Walmart within a 2 block radius. Great area to stock up on food and/or supplies.

There are also many quality restaurant chains in the area, we went to Macaroni Grill and Joe's Crab Shack for dinner, both were delicious and great for families as well. We also hit a Panera right around the corner from the Hampton Inn for lunch.

Not the most adventurous travel dining, but the chains suited our needs as tired, hungry travelers - they provided reliable, quality food at good prices.

nice hotel good laction

by TripAdvisor Member quickybird

Nice hotel, friendly staff. The location is great if you don't want to be on the strip. Right next door to sunset casino and close to a nice mall and tons of good resteraunts.

Great Choice!

by TripAdvisor Member TouristMD

My stay at this Hampton Inn was pleasent, the staff was friendly, the room was nice and the amenities were great.

The breakfast was good, everyday there was a different hot item served along with the usual offerings. Plus several days a week they offered snacks and drinks free in the lobby in the afternoon. Also they put out a plate of cookies every night.

The pool area was nice, great if you need to cool off when its hot outside. Lots of chairs and a hot tub. Towels are availible in the bathrooms which are right next to the pool.

Location was great, close to many restaurants and shopping centers. Only five minutes away from the Ethel Chocolate Factory. Also a great location for doing day trips to the many scenic parks around Vegas like Red Rock and Valley of Fire. And only minutes away from the Strip.

I definatly plan on staying here next time I am in the area.

Fine but not excellent

by TripAdvisor Member keerstn

We stayed for three days. The staff was courteous but not overly helpful, and the breakfast was excellent. Our bathtub faucet dripped and we had to steal extra towels (3 towels with four people in the room?) but overall, it was a fine place to stay and I'd do it again.

FYI-we had a problem one night with noise in the room above us, and the staff (at 4 a.m.) offered a full refund for that night, since they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They also were able to quiet the noisy guests within 15 minutes - to their credit.

Love the hotel. Perfect for a family

by TripAdvisor Member random_rambler

This hotel is perfect for a off stirp, non casino hotel. The location is close to the strip and the price is just right. The hotel was completely non-smoking ( just what I wanted).

The room was very clean, the staff was cordial and the complimentary breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay in this hotel the next time on my trip to las vegas.

Nice place - Nowhere near the strip.

by TripAdvisor Member Ih8thiswebsite

Nice hotel. Standard business style hotel. I had the regular room, so no refrigerator or microwave. I popped into a suite that had an open door. There was a microwave/refrigerator. I think there was even a stairmaster or something in the corner. I didn't stick around long enough to get a good look.

The walls aren't the thickest, so I was able to hear my noisey neighbors. But the same can be said for most hotels. It was really windy one night and I didn't hear the wind at all.

Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday they have a managers meeting thingy. Free snacks (chips/cheese cubes), beer (Bud Lite), wine and sodas.

The breakfast buffet is better then the crappy continental at some places (its more then just a box of cereal/cofee/a muffin) but nothing super fancy.

If your going for the vegas experience, don't stay here. Its wwwaaayyy of the strip. Unless you want to drive 10-15minutes to get to the strip. Its right next door to the Sunset Station casino, you can walk there in a couple of minutes.

I got it for $95 with AAA discount. Good price. I might stay again if I want to be off the strip.

Mixed Review

by TripAdvisor Member Anewsbud

We stayed three nights in mid-March. Many positives, but a few negatives, like the slowest elevator in any hotel!
The suite was comfortable and large and two televisions are a bonus!
We did have a little problem with check-in, since the desk clerk was busy in the breakfast room watching a college basketball game. I finally had to ask him to help us.
The breakfast is typical Hampton which is good. We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub.
The hotel is away from the Strip, but close to the Sunset Station. One morning we skipped the Hampton breakfast and hit the buffet at the Sunset Station.
I like the convenience to the freeway and to shopping.
If you go and aren't on the first floor, try to get a room near the end of the hallway. The one elevator is horrible! It's in the middle of the property, very slow and if you get on at the second floor and are headed down, if someone hits the button from the third floor, you're in for a delay while you go up.

A Pleasant Week-Long Stay

by TripAdvisor Member StuphMan

Las Vegas / Henderson hosted the National Speech and Debate Tournament this year, and we coaches are regularly faced with the challenge of finding a good week-long hotel experience. The Hampton Inn in Henderson passed the test.

THE GOOD: Every room was full and the staff was up to the challenge. The front desk was extremely helpful and the manager personally helped make our experience a good one. Examples: (1) Fresh cookies every night in the lobby and a well-stocked continental breakfast with fresh (and different) hot items each day. (2) A manager's reception for the speech and debate teams was held, and it was a welcoming and pleasant experience (3) A personal touch... I had to take one student to the airport to leave a day early. It was 5am and I was exhausted. The overnight clerk not only made sure I knew how to get to McCarran International from the hotel, but made sure that my student and I both had 'breakfast bags' with us as we departed. Additional positives of the property and rooms themselves: Nice pool / sun area for my students to enjoy, business center and internet access was extremely convenient (though Hampton's 'access code' policy is somewhat annoying), and the rooms/beds were comfortable and well-appointed. Bathroom was spacious and clean and the curved shower curtain rods that are now the standard in any self-respecting property were a nice touch.

THE BAD: With temperatures approaching 110 degrees outside, the air conditioner had to run constantly and never really kept the room cool. Plus it literally sounded like a jet was landing in our room. Another negative was the lack of water pressure on the first morning we were there - one area that the hotel hadn't counted on with all 99 rooms full for the week. This was fixed after the first day and wasn't a problem again, but that first morning was pretty rough. Finally, the cleaning staff couldn't seem to get to all the rooms at reasonable (or predictable) times, sometimes arriving after 3pm to clean our rooms. With every room full, however, this was a minor inconvenience.

THE VERDICT: Convenient to restaurants, shopping, and only 20 minutes from the airport and The Strip, this is a logical place to stay. Add good customer service to the mix, and it's a great place to call home for a week. I hope this property is as good for you as it was for our party of nine!

We recommend this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member pinoy5

The staff were courteous, the room was clean and adequate, the bed were clean, breakfast is more than average... very good for the price..I will definitely stay here again..

Ethel M Chocolate Factory TourEthel M Chocolate Factory Tour