Ravella, A Dolce Hotel and Resort

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Ravella, A Dolce Hotel and Resort

RITZ VERSION OF THE PONTEVECCHIO BRIDGE

by travelgourmet about The Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas

At first glance, you just know this has to be a Ritz-Carlton Resort. Waterfalls, fountains, bridge, pool, private white sand beach, and well landscaped grounds. This Tuscan inspired Resort sits out in the desert but it is far from lonely.

Located in the Lake Las Vegas Resort area of Henderson, this five-star resort delivers. A spa on site, golfing at two world class golf courses, excellent The Pontevecchio Bridge, inspired by the one in Florence, Italy, has club level service with food and beverage offerings four times a day. Also great views of the Lake and Village from the Lake facing rooms. The way to go.

Unbeatable Value

by TripAdvisor Member moonlightesq

We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas for the first time over Thanksgiving along with several other couples. Both the hotel and the service is unquestionably first class, while the price you pay for the accomodation is only that of 3 or 4 star hotels on the Strip. The value is UNBEATABLE! The executive suite we stayed on the club level was beautiful and roomy. The bed is so comfortable, I loved the bed, I can stay in the bed all day. The food at the Medici Cafe was excellent. the Spa is great, I enjoyed the deep tissue massage, but their signature facial is a bit pricy. Our children (4 and 6) enjoyed the pool, but it is true, there are no service of any kind by the pool and the water in the lagoon can be cleaner. The the club level lounge has the best chocolate chip cookie ever, and the club level concierge was very helpful in finding us a great nanny, complete with reseme and background check, to look after our kids while my husband and I go into town with our friends to have dinner and watch a show. We enjoyed Rtz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas so much we returned one month later over Christmas. Needless to say, we'll return again and again.

Vegas' best kept secret!

I've just returned from staying at the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Las Vegas, and I wish I were still there. The location is purely breathtaking, the hotel being nestled among the mountains just outside of Las Vegas. We opened the curtains to our room and watched the sunset while we enjoyed champagne and chocoalte-dipped strawberries. Every staff member there seemed to know us by name, and they all knew it was my girlfriend's birthday.

The location is so quiet and nice. True, if you are looking for a crazy, wild, bachelor-party weekend, the Ritz might not be the place for you. But if you want something out of the ordinary, and especially if you want to be a name and not just a room number, then this is the place for you.

We splurged and got the Mercedes Benz package which gives you a club-level room and keys to one of their brand new Mercedes for the duration of your stay. We drove an awesome 2005 E500 with only 295 miles on it. We drove back and forth to the strip a few times, but the best was the short drive into Lake Mead National Park (near Hoover Dam). I felt I was in a TV car commercial. The scenery here is unbeatable. The sunset in the mountains was gorgeous.

The club level I mentioned offers four presentations of food during the day, and we took full advantage of it...mimosas overlooking the Lake on her birthday. If there is anything you need (including any alcohol you'd like) just ask. For the record, there is pretty good wine out at the later presentations. All of this, including the alcohol, is included in the club-level price.

The village is neat across the lake to wander around and explore...really quaint. The Spa is beautiful as well, and while I recommend a massage, there are low-cost and no-cost activities that are worth it.

As I mentioned, the best part of this hotel is the service. Really top-notch. The valet, the conceirge, the front desk, the house-keeping staff, Erik the bellhop, the manager on duty...I feel I met just about everyone and they were all very, very friendly...always remembering me and addressing me by last name. I think you should bring extra cash for tips--not because you have to, but because you will want to reward these down-to-earth folks for going the extra mile.

The Ritz-Carlton gave me the opportunity to have a private, romantic vacation with top-notch food and service only 25 minutes away from the Strip. It was worth every penny, and I will return very, very soon!

Relaxation a little ways away...

by TripAdvisor Member sbthauer

The Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas may be 20 miles from the infamous Las Vegas Strip, but it feels more like 20 million miles. Do not stay here if you mainly want to be downtown, because you are FAR from the action here. That said, it is a splendid respite for those seeking tranquility after a couple days of over-indulging. We checked-in after a weekend at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay. At first, we had “strip withdrawal” – we missed the perpetual stimulation that is Las Vegas. In fact, after seeing scantily-clad servers running all about the casinos, the Laura Ashley inspired dresses on the Ritz’s female employee seemed more than a little odd to us. We definitely felt as if we had gone from extreme to another. That said, it didn’t take too long to shift gears and, finally, relax. It goes without saying that everything at this resort is top-notch. If you play golf, this is the place to stay. My husband and I do not play golf, but we thoroughly enjoyed the spa here. We also ate dinner at The Medici Café one evening – and the food was truly divine. The chef, whose name now escapes me, came out and chatted with us – on a Tuesday night! We were very impressed. If you do come here, however, do not rely on the shuttle service to get back-and-forth from the strip. It’s not free (or was not free for us, maybe it depends on your package, etc.), and it’s really not convenient. Also, it takes a little time to get from Lake Las Vegas to the downtown/strip area – you have to take a local highway where there is construction, and then get on the freeway – although, once you get there all the hotel parking on the strip is free. There are a couple dining options, aside from the Ritz, right there in Montelago Village. The highlight, for us, by far was a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon that the Ritz arranged. First, you take a boat across the lake, then board a Sundance Tours helicopter on your own private landing pad, and, finally, venture for a 3-hour tour complete with a champagne lunch. Cheap? No. Priceless? Yes. I would stay here if you want to get away for part of your trip to someplace a little more peaceful, or if you have no interest in the hubbub of Vegas to begin with. If you’re coming to Vegas for the nightlife, this is not the place for you.

No soul?

Nice hotel with beautiful grounds - the staff is full of themselves. Very expensive, we had pets with us and the $125 "deep cleaning" fee seemed excessive given that we are exceedingly careful. Turns out our first night there including the fee was over $400. You'd expect more for that much scratch.

Fellow guests are cut from the same cloth as the staff. Look for showy clothes, cars, huge jewelry, and big "put ons" common to Las Vegas. Given the other options, this is OK but not great - no "soul" here.

First-class all the way

I can't really figure out the negatives reviews of this place. This ranked up there as one of the best hotel experiences my family and I have ever had. My wife and 2 kids (age 1 and 3) absolutely loved this place. It was miles away from the glitz and glamour (and yes cheese) of Vegas, set in a scenic desert/lake setting. (The web photos don't so it justice.) It was extremely ritzy, yet quiet and calming. The grounds were pristine and the pool would have been frequented if it wasn't so chilly.

The lobby was classic and lush, tons of couches and seating areas, a big fireplace and great views of the lake. There was a piano player every night, which was a nice touch. It was decorated for the holidays so there were incredible christmas decorations everywhere. The room was beautiful. One of the nicest I've ever stayed in. I asked to be upgraded to a lake view room and the check-in guy obliged, putting us on the top floor with a great view if the lake and Italian-inspired gardens below. (The gardens were all lit up at night - which my kids loved.) We were right next to the elevator shaft so there was some noise, but otherwise the room was pretty sound-proof. And the bed was incredible! The best hotel bed I've ever experienced, hands down. My wife and I even talked about buying the Ritz pillow-mattress topper so we can replicate it at home. The bathroom was huge, with a marble shower and a huge tub. Yes, the towels could have been bigger. But oh well.

The service was top-notch. We didn't get the snooty service as other reviews mentioned. In fact, it was quite the opposite. We had the same waitress every morning for breakfast (the only meals we had there) and she got to know our order by heart. Once we sat by the kitchen and the chef sent over freshly baked cookies for the kids. It was little details like that which made it special. Yes, the restaurant was a bit pricey, but it's the friggin Ritz. What do you expect. I've been at plenty of hotels where the food was pricy but bad. At least food was worth the money.

We ate once at Comos in the nearby village and that was good too. Speaking of the village, it was nice to walk around in but we hit every shop within 30-40 minutes. I did have a message at the hotel's spa and it was well-worth the $120 price tag. Plus, the spa facilities were amazing, steam room, jacuzzi, work out room, the works. It was hard to leave.

I can see if how you'd be disapointed if you came here for a true Vegas experience, because it wasn't. If that's what you're looking for, don't stay here. There's no casino on-site (yet there's one in the village). And there are no flashy shows or touristy things to occupy your time. And no night-life. It might as well not be in Vegas. But we went to see family nearby for Thankgiving and weren't interested in being anywhere near the strip. (Traffic is awful in Vegas, I used to live there.) So we loved it. We can't wait to go back. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Vegas!

Great hotel; Club Level needs a little work...

Love this hotel. Rooms are exceptional. Facilities are immaculate. Service is top-notch. Only concern is that with each visit, the Club Level becomes less and less special. It's clear that they're cutting corners (they've imposed a new $20 resort fee; on my first visit, I was overwhelmed by how nice the Club Level was; with each new visit, the portions and selections are getting smaller; they've put away the alcohol, other than wine, so that you have to ask the attendant to get you a drink). They need to remember that it's frequent visitors who notice the changes for the worse ... In sum, enjoy the hotel (but tell them to restore the Club Level to the level of classiness and comfort that it had when it first opened!).

Not a Ritzy Experience

Despite high hopes for this resort away from the commotion of The Strip, we ended up staying only two of our scheduled five nights and moved to the fabulous Four Seasons in the Mandalay Bay. Lake Las Vegas reminded us of Reston, VA, NOT Lake Como (as billed). The physical plant was poorly constructed -- rooms very noisy from adjacent rooms and hall noise, and from HVAC system cycling on and off. In a torrential rain (admittedly rare in Las Vegas), water seeped into the room from the balcony and soaked the carpet. The hotel is not up to normal Ritz standards by any means. Even the Spa disappointed -- poorly maintained with dirty towels strewn around the locker room on each visit, and the Spa's setting in building separate from the hotel meant no wearing one's bathrobe back to the room after a spa treatment.

Fabulous Club Level

We stayed at the RC for two nights on our 10 year anniversary. We thoroughly ejoyed our stay! We booked a Club Level room on the bridge which overlooked the lake. The room was spacious and comfortable. The service and the food was impeccable on the club level, with a good variety of foods. The staff was eager to accommodate any special requests. The workout facility was outstanding. The pool was comfortable, with fresh ice water and towels available at all times. The Intrawest Village next door is very nice. with cute shops and restaurants, and a nice boat ride along the lake. The casino was so much fun - never crowded, we got to know the blackjack dealers and had a great time. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a beautiful setting away from the glitz and hustle-bustle crowds of Las Vegas. This place is peaceful and relaxing!

Boring hotel- but visit the spa

We stayed at the Ritz for a wedding over new years eve. I found the service at the Medici cafe to be offensive and awful. We had breakfast there one day and it took no less than 2 hours to get a [cold] waffle and an omelette. Other guests apparently had the same experience in the cafe at dinner as well- we chose to eat elsewhere the rest of our stay.

The positive part of my experience was definitely the spa. I found a great spa package on the ritz carlton website where I got the room, a facial and a deluxe pedicure for $230/night. The spa is a separate building and features luxury and relaxation and great service.

The area surrounding the hotel is somewhat dull so if you are looking for any signs of Vegas excitement- this is not the place for you.

Comments