Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa

101 Montelago Boulevard, (formerly Loews Lake Las Vegas), Henderson, Nevada, 89011, United States
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Loews Lake Las Vegas

Pretty nice

The Hyatt Regency was a nice place, and a good price through Priceline, so me and my wife stayed there over labor day weekend for 3 nights.

The rooms were nice, but only double beds, but the room had a mini fridge that we used to keep beers, etc. that we bought from the store. The bathroom was nice enough, and the shampoo and conditioner were large sized. The view was nice, as we had a view of the water and private beach area.

The restaurants seemed nice, we ate once at Cafe Tajine, which was not bad for the money.

The pools were nice, but expect to have kids swimming in the "adult" pool on the upper level. The pool area was nice as well, and they had employees come around with ice water, fruits, etc, which was nice. The pool water was too darn cold. They say it is 80 degrees, but that must be the coldest 80 I have ever felt. They really need to warm it up about 6-7 degrees.

The resort has kayaks, etc that you can rent, but most things were $20 for an hour. At that price, I passed. $20 a day would have been fine, but per hour is ridiculous.

The casino is very small, but that was good in a way. If you went with a group of friends, you could actually get on the same table together. Try that at one of the Strip hotels...

All in all, this was a nice place, and worth the money since we got a good deal. But for Vegas, we might just stick to the strip area next time. If the hotel still had free shuttle to the strip, maybe it would be better. The extra resort fee doesn't help, either, but we were still happy with the stay.

The Hyatt-a great get-a-way

by TripAdvisor Member HXtraveler

We got a package deal for the Hyatt for Labor Day Weekend and it was worth every single penny we paid. We usually have rooms comp. on the strip but we wanted to do something different this time in Vegas. The resort made you feel like you were hundreds of miles away--and you are only 20 miles from the airport!!
We got upgraded to a king-room and it was great. It is true that the rooms are not sound-proof. We could hear conversations on both sides. That was somewhat bothersome but we have had that same situation in the nicer hotels in Vegas.
The adult pool, did at one time have 6 children in the water, which the lifeguard did nothing-that was very aggravating because the parents should swim with them in the other pool.
The restaurant was a little slow especially if you ordered off the menu-they did have a buffet but I tried both and the menu food was much better.
I would book again with the Hyatt but I would once again shop for a packaged deal with room and airfare!

Great Stay on the "Romance Package"

by TripAdvisor Member nac259

We just returned and had a great time. Unlike other comments, we did not experience any problems with noise and/or slow service. We stayed on the "Love Package" which included 2 nights in a lakeview room, dinner at Japengo's, couples massage and room service/breakfast both days. The package saved us about $250 than had we done everything on our own. The massage was great, and I would definately recommend the "moulay" massage, which is a medium pressure massage in between a Swedish and deep tissue. The only problem we ran into was that our voucher for the massage somehow disappeared off our table before we were able to use it. Whether it was stolen or inadvertently thrown away by me or housekeeping, I can't say. Management did eventually replace the voucher, but not until I had heard "no" a couple times and went through more effort than I felt should have been necessary. Although I am definately willing to go back, next time I'll be sure and use the in-room safe.

Good place, bad service

It is a very nice and clean hotel. But do be careful about the service especially at the front desk. Day desk manager is not your most friendly type. She alone can ruin your trip. And don't make any calls. One minute call to California cost me $9.

Two Thumbs up!!

by TripAdvisor Member Martinimom

We stayed here in July 2004 and loved every minute of it. Great for families...but if you don't have kids great too. There are not kids going wild everywhere. Our 9 year old son loved the pool slide. You can sit in the pool at night and watch a scheduled family movie. We stayed in a room with lake view which is a must! We also stayed in a room that allowed you to enjoy complimentary food all day long and drinks!! I cannot recall the special name to request. Def. worth the extra money. All in all it's gorgeous, great service, super location, no complaints! Oh and when we were leaving our valet put ice cold waters in our car when we left. Need I say more?

Nice weekend -but way too pricey so go to priceline to save money at this hotel

It's too far from Las vegas if you were thinking of a quiet place off the strip (we were). Lake Las vegas feels like Disneyland but then again so does Vegas. Pretty hotel, bottom line, get your rate through Priceline.com. Big 115 during high season and 90 for off season and I swear you will get a room. Don't pay the high prices they post or you get when calling the hotel.

Americas Sweethearts - Just Like the Movie.

by TripAdvisor Member tennis_ace_2005

Loved the movie and loved this hotel. Had great lake view rooms. Traveling with a 5 and 7 year old is a breeze at this hotel. Kids club staff are great. Activity pool, water slide, beach and beautiful surroundings. Rented the kayaks and went around the lake. Ate at hotel restaurants and had pool service numerous times and there were all great. It is a drive to get to the strip and the casino onsite is small, but we just go to Las Vegas to watch the shows so it fits our needs. The pool area isn't as large as others like the Mandalay Bay, but it's as fun and the views are much nicer. It really feels like a resort even though the views aren't as nice as Cancun or Maui. Enjoy and request a lake view room on an higher floor and have fun watching the huge fish swimming that you can see from your balcony! Highly recommend.

Gorgeous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JudyD

Stayed at the Hyatt Feb 26 thru 28. had a room overlooking the pool which we felt was nicer than one overlooking the lake. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the casino. The ritz was a short drive away but did not have as nice of grounds as the Hyatt. We felt Las Vegas was close enough to venture to if needed. The golf course was in excellant condition but too pricey for us. Had a priceline rate and would go again.

Ohh my GOD! What a stunner.

by TripAdvisor Member Ozziepore

This hotel is stunning. The views are stunning, breathtakingly so. The pool area is stunning. The food is even reasonably priced. We enjoyed Las Vegas and all its lights and hype but it was SO magnificent to go back to this hotel at night and wake up to the clear desert air and views over the lake to the snow capped mountains. The internal ambience is magic, this was so much the right decision for us. The only drawback is the expensive shuttle bus to the strip.

Lake Las Vegas is wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member RASISJAZ

My wife and I spent a lovely weekend at the Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas Nevada and what an absolutely wonderful place! If you want to get away to Vegas but avoid the hustle and bustle of the Strip then Lake Las Vegas is the spot for you. This 2300 acre master planned development includes lakes, homes, golf courses, a retail village and of course a couple of smaller casinos. The Hyatt Regency is a magnificent property with spacious rooms, great service and a just magnificent view of the surrounding lakes and mountains. I would highly suggest the Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas for any couple looking for a romantic get away in the Nevada desert.

RITZ-CARLTON'S PONTEVECCHIO BRIDGERITZ-CARLTON'S PONTEVECCHIO BRIDGE