375 East Harmon, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 28% less but rated 18% lower than other 3 star hotels

• davesut's Profile Photo

Hmm, not as good as I remember

A return to the Alexis Park Resort, 11 years on.
    When we stayed here on my first visit to the USA we really enjoyed it and reading my previous review I remember how pleased we were but how times have changed. Maybe my tastes as well. The first thing is that the room was a bit tatty, clean enough but cramped and then the real issue.... The place is open plan as in you can walk into the area quite easily, you can say this about many hotels but bear with me. The car park is at the side of the building and you access the rooms straight from the car park. So that means when we get a banging on the door at 4am in a rather agressive way I wasn't going to let them know we were in there, this carried on for a few minutes with Mrs Sut fully awake and very concenred with my ususal laissez-faire attitude beginning to be tested. After a few minutes the agressor (or vagriant or maybe he just got the wrong room) departed. Closer inspection in the morning noted that many of the windows had beed subject to an attempt to be prised open by a screwdriver or similar. Who knows if that was recent or not, sad to say that I would not go there again which seems a shame but you know a good nights sleep is worth more than the cheap rates that they offer, you still get a suite, two rooms, for much less than else where and a pool or two thrown in. Restaurant fr breakfast looked cool and staff were good, just not worth the risk i'm afraid.

Directions: don't trust the satav, that thing took us goodness knows where, straight forward opposite Hard Rock Hotrl

• Cool Water in the Hot Desert

Searching on the web for a deal on Las Vegas rooms, I couldn't really find anything I considered affordable for us. That is until I found this wonderful resort. At the time (July) prices at Alexis Park were running about half of what I could find in the better known hotels. As we arrived in Vegas, I felt some anxiety starting to wonder what we would find at Alexis Park (because of the price). What a great relief to find courteous and helpful staff, a HUGE room equipped with a fridge, microwave and full wet bar. I'm very picky when it comes to clean and this place was VERY clean and well equipped with soaps, shampoo and conditioner. If there are any negative reviews, they must have occurred prior to the renovations that were apparent with our stay. 3 wonderful pools to choose from and the water was clean and clear.

Unique Quality: See above. Actually what I'm thinking is not to do this review and keep Alexis a secret!!!

Directions: 3 city blocks from the strip.

• Great facility for Pets

Pet owners take note: Our first time at the Alexis Park with our dog. We were given a very nice corner room and good pool view. We had a separate living room area, bedroom and two TV's. The air conditioning was great. The staff was very friendly, nice grounds. Comfortably away but not too far from the Strip and across from the Hard Rock Cafe.

Unique Quality: Must have been built like a fort. Pretty full over the July 4th weekend, but the room was really quiet, outside and above. Didn't even hear any fireworks the reason for bringing our dog in the first place. Best room we've had in a long time.

• davesut's Profile Photo

Alexis oasis

The Alexis park was a great retreat from the hustle and hassle of the strip. A 5 - 10 minutes taxi drive away from the strip(depending on which end). We walked from the MGM to the hotel. It took about 20 minutes bit was uncomfortable though heat, traffic. Don't do it, just take a cab. We really enjoyed heading for the sights and returning in late afternoon to relax and have a quick dip in the pool. The suites was great. We opted for the cheapest, Monarch suites, but this had a separate bedroom and living area which was great for us to put our daughter to bed whilst we stayed up watching tv. Some of the more expensive suites were one room so were not ideal, indeed I found that very few places in Las Vegas offered this two room bonus for anything like the price here. We were there in October, only one of the three pools was heated and therefore usable although it was never too crowded. Staff were on the whole friendly although once I was told sharply that they were unable to cash a travelers cheque for more than $50, nip across the road to the Hard Rock Hotel for these facilities. Door staff would hail a taxi if needed, I think we waited up to 5 minutes. One the whole a good hotel and I would stay there again. It was mostly used for business customers/ conferences during our stay. Can't remember the exact price but it was similar to the price offered for one room in some of the cheapest strip hotels.

Unique Quality: An oasis of calm a stones throw from the strip
    Two separate rooms in the cheapest suites
    use the quiet restaurant for breakfast although you can get much cheaper elsewhere

• JulieGirl's Profile Photo

Enjoy the "suite" style of Alexis Park

From the moment you arrive at this oasis in Las Vegas, you’ll notice something special about Alexis Park. Without the usual noisy clamor of a casino, Alexis Park offers a real way to relax. Their oversized non-smoking lobby is filled with colorful florals, comfortable sofas and chairs. This is a great place to meet friends or have a quick business exchange. Entering the grounds at Alexis Park is like stepping back to a romantic 1940’s movie set. Stroll among lush landscaping, soothing fountains and three sparkling pools. Winding pathways lead you through two-story white stucco buildings, which house the 500 finely appointed guest suites

Unique Quality: The spa at the Alexis Park is one not to be missed. If you want a spa experience, but dont want to pay the outrageous prices of the strip hotels, Alexis Park is a great choice for you.

More about Alexis Park Resort

Alexis Park - no welcome here

We visited the Alexis Park all the way from the UK and although we couldn't grumble about the price -our deal of $70 a night was good value - we were very disappointed with our welcome. The receptionist was totally uninterested in us when we arrived and gave us no information whatsoever about the hotel. and nor was there any in the room. The suite was OK if rather dark although the kitchen was dirty and on the middle one of our three nights there the trash wasn't emptied. Not a bad deal but if you're going in November, as we did, and are prepared to wait till you get there we reckon you can get a better deal on the spot.

After numerous stay, still love Alexis Park!

by TripAdvisor Member magicfish

An excellent choice for non-gaming stay; as frequent visitors to Vegas, Alexis Park has remained, after numerous stays, a favorite place to stay. They have a bar/grill and a nicer restaurant, and a large lobby with numerous chairs and couches, as well as a small gift shop.

It has REAL suites, with even the smallest, the Monarch, being like a small apartment. Pricing for the Monarch is usually under $100!

The property is laid out like an apartment complex, with great grounds to stroll through, numerous pools and spas; the fitness center here is free for hotel guests (unlike so many other LV hotels). They have a great fitness center, too - machines, spa, showers ...with more towels available than you can count - his and her wet areas are, of course, separate -

Can't believe the negative reviews - the entire resort was recently sold (stayed last Dec. 2003), and all the rooms have been remodeled.
All changes from here on should be positive, due to capital influx.

This is a non-gaming resort located on Harmon west of Paradise, just across from The Hard Rock, where you can catch a shuttle to the strip, if needed.

One word of warning - although units are large, there is no dining table in the suite - kitchen/ bar area has fridge and sink, but no microwave -also, there are no stairs if you get an upstairs suite.

Not Worth The Money

As a 30 year resident I have stayed at many of the local hotels. With that said I can assure you that you do not want to stay at Alexis Park. On the weekend that I stayed there they were hosting a company pool party until 1am. Loud music could be heard inside my room making it very hard to sleep. There was a walkway just outside my window and the conversations of those passing by could be heard inside. The windows dont have adequate sound insulation. I sent a letter to Alexis Park but never received a response.

We were PLEASANTLY surprised!!!

by TripAdvisor Member orvillereddenbacher

We booked our flight/hotel package online...the first time we had ever done so....just before we walked out the door to catch our flight I found this site and printed off the reviews to read on the plane.My wife and My hearts sank the further we read on about the Alexis Park...we decided that our holiday wouldn't be ruined as we'd only be sleeping there anyway....ya...ya...ya.We found the front desk clerk very friendly upon checking in so that was a plus.We were totally shocked when we got to our room and found this gorgeous suite(Monarch Suite) complete with a separate bedroom and TV with a huge jacuzzi tub,separate shower for two and enough towels for a family of 6....not sure why you'd want to take your family to Vegas however....this town is NOT a place for children. We had room service the next morning and the attendant could not have been more pleasant and polite. We found the pool areas clean and never a fight to find a place to lounge in the sun....oh....they may want to fix their lounge chairs...few would adjust to sit up......and perhaps March weather has not yet warmed the pool water....was a bit cold to swim in even tho the outside temp was in the high 80's. Other than that we had a wonderful stay there.....we enjoyed the fact that you could get away from the gaming areas by being at a hotel without gaming....nice and quiet. We will come again......and will certainly be recommending it to our friends.

Great

I was suprised to see all the negitive reviews. We had a bedroom and a spacious living room. Room service was good. And the rooms were wonderfully decorated and very clean. The lobby was spacious and nice, my friends and I hung there till 2am, because it was so compy and nice to relax.

A lot better then expected.

We arrived @ 9 am Saturday morning and did not think they would let us check in until check in time. But no they were very pleasent and let us check in @ 9am to my surprise. The outside is pretty worn down and I was kinda nervous but the inside was really nice. The bath tub was huge and the water pressure was perfect. Everything was great. For only 49.00 and not having to deal with a casino and all the smoke and noise it was perfect. We arrived @ 9am Nov.23 and left 24th Sunday @ 2:00. I would say it is not for everyone becuz it is far from the normal out of contro Vegas Hotel...

Las Vegas...Land of Lost Wages

by keida84

"Here Comes the Bride and the Groom too!"

April 10, 2006 a day which will be remembered as an historical event here on VT. Berni and Carl Shand renewed their wedding vows in the "Shalimar Wedding Chapel" Las Vegas, Neveda. Many of Berni and Carl's family, friends and regulars on VT watched the ceremony via the chapel's web cam. Those in attendance were: Best Man: Rex Vaughan (along with his wife, Sacra), Matron of Honor: keida84 (Kat) with her husband, Paul and "sis" Kris, CatherineCG and her husband, Jay, VT member Kymbanm and her friend, Missy. A wonderful reception was held at the "Center Stage" restaurant in the Plaza Hotel downtown Las Vegas, Nevada.

In September of 2005 I visited the Las Vegas area, namely the "Strip" in honor of my favorite Aunt and Uncle's 60th wedding anniversary. Those two are the most active pair of 82 year olds you'd ever want to meet. We stayed at the "Treasure Island Hotel", which impressed me a great deal with their facilities for people with diabillities and handicaps, as well as one of the nicest Spas on the strip. We had Room Service the first night as my husband is a fan of good Room Service, and a fabulous meal at The "Steak House" on Sunday night in honor of Mary and Don's wedding anniversary.

"The Night our Sorority Invaded Las Vegas"

I have a love-hate relationship with Las Vegas. I love to go in the summer when it is hot, but the crowds make walking unbearable, even at night when the temp is 104 degrees. I have stayed at many hotels on the strip...Ceasar's Palace, The Luxor (my husband's favorite), Treasure Island, The Excalibur, The Aladdin, & Bally's are just a few.

Speaking of Bally's, there was a week end in the not so distant past that my sorority took a trip to Las Vegas for our dear sista "Flo". She was turning 21. Legal! So we rented a suite at Bally's, on the concierge floor, went to the spa, rented a cabana at the pool and for all intensive purpose was virtual eye candy for everyone who gawked at us!

LtoR: the woman and man I cannot remember their names (oops) Shugah, Wanda, Edna, Shirl, Concha
back row: Babs, Toots, Trixie, Flo

My "sistas" are all chorally gifted and everytime we would see a bride, we would break into a spontaneous acapella song, "Goin' To The Chapel".

In the New York, New York Hotel, We even serenaded a bride as she was actually going to the chapel, she was so stunned she thought her husband to be set it all up for her. When she found out we just happened by she invited the lot of us to her reception! How's that for singing for your supper?

We closed the place down with a conga line all through New York New York to the tune of, "We Are Family, I Got All My Sisters With Me!"

The Alexis Park Resort is a good accomodation off the strip as is the Crowne Plaza Hotel (both non-gaming facilities).

The shows are terrific, I love Cirque du Soleil's "Mystere" at Treasure Island that is my favorite but "O" at the Bellagio is a stupendous undertaking and not to be missed!

Gone is the "old" Vegas with it's cheap breakfast, free shrimp cocktails, Rat Pack shows and cheap buffets. Too bad, that when Vegas was great.

Despite my many visits I have yet to find my voice about this town. I have a lot of pictures to scan yet, mybe that's it. Somehow I can't find the words for this place.

Check back maybe I will get it together soon. (LOL)

Alexis Park Resort in Las Vegas

by weiminhansen

One of my friend will go to Las Vegas from August 10th-16th, she needs to stay in Alexis Park Resort ( 375 E Harmon Ave) to meet friends. Anyone know where is the best place to book this hotel to get the best deal?

Thanks in advance

Re: Alexis Park Resort in Las Vegas

by St_Vincent

Your friend may have left it too late for that particular hotel. I usually use Expedia but I have checked that site and a couple of others and it seems that the problem is the Sunday when they are fully booked. You could try contacting them direct (website www.alexispark.com) although even their own website says they are full.

The alternative is to stay somewhere close by, The Hard Rock is probably the closest big hotel and there will be others around that area.

Maybe their friends can help.

Good Luck
Clive

• Jun 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

DON'T EVER STAY AT THIS HELL HOLE, MY PROPERTY WAS STOLEN FROM MY ROOM, AND NO CAMERAS WERE WORKING TO HELP FIND OUT WHO DID IT, THE DOOR WASN'T BROKEN SO SOMEONE THAT WORKED THERE MUST HAVE DONE IT... YOU DON'T WANT YOUR CREDIT CARDS, MONEY, CELL PHONES TAKEN... STAY AWAY FROM THIS HELL HOLE....