Bally's Las Vegas

See Amenities
Agraichen's Profile Photo

Great location

by written on April 24, 2007

What do you do when your "hotel" (aka time share condo) kicks you out in the middle of your "vacation." well, call the nearest VT terminal for recommendatons or if you're lucky enough call your former employee, now "high roller."....

As luck would have it, he was in and had some connections to help....so..we ended our "vacation" at Bally's in a mini-suite.

Let's just say Bally's Diamond staff are TOP NOTCH... check in was a breeze even with the complications of having someone else covering the the rooms (yeah...rooms....) for multiple guests.

Unique Quality: Ah...where do we begin...checkin is in a "behind closed door" environment, no noise, no smoke, no hastle. You do have to walk through the casino to the elevatorsm but, hey, this is Las Vegas...

Directions: Next to Paris...how great can it get..

Maurgan's Profile Photo

Good value - for Vegas.

by written on April 2, 2007

I liked this hotel, and while it isnt built on a theme, or is overly fancy, it still has a classic Vegas feel. Found the service was very good, rooms were nicely appointed and well kept, and I would definately stay here again.

Unique Quality: Nothing too unique or fancy, but then again, who comes to Vegas to stay in their room?! On the plus side, there is easy access to the monorail from Bally's.

mpingree's Profile Photo

Bally's

by written on February 20, 2007

Stayed at Bally's and once again had a great time.

Monday 2/5 - arrived in LV at 7 PM and the hotel check in at the airport was
once again easy and quick. Had two nights comped and paid $69 for the other two
nights. Took a taxi to Ballys ($15 total with tip) and changed our old Caesar's
player cards into the new Total Rewards cards. Had sandwiches at Nosh and played
the slots until we finally crashed around 1:30 PM.

Tuesday 2/6 - Breakfast buffet at Big Kitchen (it's always worth the money for
us) and hit most of the Harrah's properties playing the slots and walking
between them (not the Rio). Found some new slots to play and enjoyed them
immensely. Had the dinner buffet at Big Kitchen and it's always good for us.

Wednesday 2/7 - took the free shuttle from Bally's to the Rio later in the
afternoon and hit the slots before enjoying the seafood buffet. Yeah it's
overpriced but for a seafood buffet it's great.

Thursday 2/8 - Once again walked the Harrah's properties and gambled until we
went to the "Love" show at the Mirage. This was a totally awesome experience. We
would both highly recommend it. Our last night so we gambled till almost 4 AM.
Won back about 1/2 of what we'd lost in the previous days.

Friday 2/9 - Checked out at 10 AM, left the luggage with the bellhop and drank
and gambled until time to go. Made back almost all the other money we'd lost
previously. So for us, we broke even and we're quite excited by that fact.

Comp dollars taken off our bill was around $80 at time of checkout. Did win 2500
free points one day during the total rewards promotion but unfortunately did not
win the million or thousand dollar rewards.

Slot machines we played and did fairly well on were:

Hot Shot

Slots that weren't paying:

Wheel of Fortune
Monte Carlo
Top Dollar

All in all it was a great trip, weather was perfect and everyone working in the
casinos were nice and friendly. As usual the rudest people were always the other
tourists.

mpingree's Profile Photo

Ballys in early February

by written on February 20, 2007

This was our 5th trip to LV and our 4th time to stay at Ballys. As always we never encounter any problems and always have a great time. We were comped 2 nights and paid $69 a night for the other two nights. We were in the North Tower and our room overlooked the strip with a slight view of the Bellagio fountains, the Rio Casino, Caesar's Palace and Barbary Coast. Room was clean and fresh as always and everything was in good working order. This was our second stay in the North Tower. We prefer the South Tower because we generally have a better strip view but were certainly not disappointed. We had sandwiches at Nosh and several meals at the Big Kitchen buffet. We are huge fans of the buffet and have never been disappointed. We spend most of slot machine gambling at both Bally's and Paris and ended up breaking even for the trip. There's certainly nothing spectacular or breath taking but everyone is friendly and it's never been too crowded.

richardcommon's Profile Photo

The best mid-range Hotel

by written on January 14, 2007

Ideally located mid-strip at a crossroads with Ballys, Bellagio, Caesars Palace, Barbary Coast in all corners. Linked to the Paris hotel, which is where we spent most of our time - in a great bar called Napoleons. TIP: they serve FREE Beef & Turkey carvery sandwiches from 4pm so you can have a snack before dinner!

The downside was the not-so-discreet envelope left by the maid every day expecting it to be filled with tip money. Left a tip half way through as we thought it was a hint but the envelope was there the next day....thought this was a bit much

Unique Quality: Price for its mid-strip location, napoleons bar

SRobeson's Profile Photo

Best Value & Location

by written on May 19, 2006

I went for a week and stayed at Bally's Hotel centered in the middle of the Strip and which has two towers going up to 20-something floors. It's directly across the Strip from the Bellagio and I was put on the 19th floor with a view of the Fountains at Bellagio. The Eiffel Tower at Paris was situated directly outside my window and I could look down the entire Strip to Luxor at the other end and all the hotels in between.

Ask about upgrades and rooms with a better view. Many times hotels have better rooms on hand but you don't get them just because you don't ask. If you're flying into Vegas, you can check into your room at the Airport this way you just go pick up your keys when you get to the hotel.

Most of the people I know will stay at Bally's when they want good scenery, great location and quality prices. I went in August which is one of the warmer months (around 90's during the day, 70's at night) and so the price at Bally's was a deal at about $90 per night. Go during an off season month (June through September) because everything is cheaper then but dress for warm weather and keep a bottle of water on you.

Unique Quality: If you plan on swimming at the hotel, be aware that the walk from the lobby to the pool takes about 5-10 minutes.

Regardless of the room in Bally's that you are in, you are almost guaranteed at least a decent view. With the two towers, the one directly on the Strip will have the best views up and down the Strip. The other tower situated behind that one will give you partial views of the Strip and other hotels, plus views of Las Vegas.

Directions: Across from Bellagio, in between Paris and Flamingo's.

greenlea's Profile Photo

Stayin at Bally's

by written on April 7, 2006

We enjoyed our stay at Bally's. It is not the nicest hotel in LV, but it was clean, offered spacious rooms, and a fun casino. The service was great. We were able to get an early check in of 11am. Our room did not have a view and was quite a walk from the elevator. We still enjoyed it. I would recommend staying here if you are trying to stick to a budget. You will not be disappointed.

Directions: Across the street from Bellagio, on the strip

Penguins4me's Profile Photo

Request the Newer Renovated Section

by written on March 10, 2006

When we first arrived we were given a handicap room in the older section of the hotel. We did not request nor did we require a handicap accessible room. There was no bathtub, obviously to make the bathroom accessible and when we arrived there was a used washcloth left in the bathroom. Made us wonder what else had not been thoroughly cleaned. I called the front desk and requested another room. I was informed that there were not any non-smoking rooms left, but they did offer a smoking room in the renovated section of the hotel. The difference in the rooms was like night & day. Made me very glad to find the used washcloth in the first room!! Other than the initial choice of the room they gave us, we had no complaints with this hotel, but if staying try to get one of the rooms in the renovated section of this hotel.

Directions: Right in the middle of the strip. . . great location!

ssalatin's Profile Photo

Quick and Cheap

by written on November 27, 2005

My mother, sister and I pulled into Bally's to begin our cheap hotel search and they were offering rooms for $67 for the night. It was a Thursday night towards the end of August. The rooms were nice with a nice view of the Mountains. The people were great!

Unique Quality: It has a HUGE pool in the back and is connected with Hotel Paris. It has an underground mall also.

Directions: Drive down the strip until you see Paris. Bally's is the next one on the left.

Roadquill's Profile Photo

Middle of the strip

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 31, 2005

OK, it is a large hotel, on the strip, that is not a rip off of some foreign city, or some US city, or some ancient way of life. For $119 per night plus the room tax, (ouch), you get a nice room. I was in the back wing, looking towards the strip. Very quiet. (The rooms up front you can get the noise from the Bellagio fountains).

The check in was relatively quick. The check out quicker because the computers we down (We will fax you the bill)

I thought the cafe's around the gambling area were mediocre and the expresso bar was overpriced and the coffee not that great. But I am picky about my coffee.

The restaurants were first rate.

The teams at the craps table were professional, friendly and were very helpful in assisting you lose your money. I actually won, but don't tell them.

SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo

Large Rooms, Nice Location

by written on October 24, 2005

Bally's is a nice central hotel located on the strip. It is across the street from Caesar's Palace and Bellagio, right next door is the Paris Hotel. The hotel is actually connected to the Paris Hotel.

The standard rooms and bathrooms are quite large and are said to be larger than either of its sister hotels (Caesar's/Paris). I believe primarily because this hotel is older than the others. There's nothing extravagant, but a nice place to stay on the strip.

With its connecting underground walkway to Paris, there are many shops and places to eat. Obviously any casino hotel has nice nightlife, but in addition to the obvious there is a Cuban Bar as well as an area where a band was playing one night and people were even dancing.

Unique Quality: I was fortunate enough to have a room facing the side of the strip where Paris and Bellagio were both visible. The best part was being able to see the Bellagio Water Show, one of my favorite things to do in Vegas, and hear the music. I also heard the band playing outside at the Paris Hotel Pool.

Of course, this had a down-side for me, since I was there for work I had to get some shut-eye and the noise heard from below was rather loud.

HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Bally's

by written on October 21, 2005

Bally's was a place I gambled at and had a few drinks at, but did not stay here. It is in the middle of the action on the strip, and I would definately recommend it based on what I saw alone. This place is a Caesars owned resort, so you can expect some class when staying here, as well as some very nice shows.

Directions: Center of the strip

ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo

Bally's still Meets Expectations

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 10, 2005

Just finished another trip to Vegas and this time I tried Bally's. I would rate this is the middle layer of hotels...not the cheapest...not the most expensive. I chose it for location only, and I got a great deal on the website with scores of coupons for discounts in their restaraunts (look for the vintage Vegas package ion their website).

Rooms were noce, although a carpet cleaning is in order. Bathrooms were remodeled and shower pressure was great!!!! Room service was fast, and food was good.

Bally's has a nice sports book with great parlay card odds. They give you your original bet back with parlay cards, and that doesn't always happen with other places. Get there early for seats...place fills up on weekends.

Spa was very nice and I would STRONGLY recommend everyone traveling to use the monorail system. It is cheap, fast and saves you the grief of taxis, high prices and waiting!

Check out and check in on Sunday was a disaster!!! Lines were huge. I would not check in on Sunday if you can avoid it.

Unique Quality: Nothing special stood out. I think this is a great mid-value hotel with a good location. I don't like the 6:5 blackjack at the single deck tables, but at least they have single deck.

dhermawanto's Profile Photo

Bally's is a deluxe, ultra modern hotel

by written on October 10, 2005

Bally's is a deluxe, ultra modern, high rise hotel located on the center of the Strip, just a few miles from McCarran airport. Since its' opening Bally's Las Vegas has been considered one of the city's most elegant resorts

Unique Quality: One of Las Vegas' most recognized mega resorts; Bally's is positioned at the center of The Strip, boasting an unrivaled location next to Paris Hotel and Casino. Catering to a diverse audience of business and leisure professionals, Bally's is a bastion of Art Deco style, and is often identified by their baroque outdoor sculptures and whimsical florescent lighting.
Heralded as the longest running show on The Strip, Jubilee is Bally's famous showgirl extravaganza, and one of the hotel's most prized attractions. Another impressive feature is the 67,000 square foot casino, where guests can capitalize on various poker games, roulette tables, craps and blackjack tables. Also of interest, the hotel spa promotes feelings of wellness in a genuinely therapeutic environment, where verdant floral arrangements and ambient spot lighting set the stage for an inviting collection of spa tubs, wet and dry saunas, and a fitness center. Other attractive hotel amenities include a steak house, sushi bar, pizza parlor, chocolate shop, business center, conference rooms, hair salon and an arcade.

While renovated guestrooms offer marble top desks, blonde wood furnishings, custom entertainment armoires and handsome contemporary décor, the standard units offer dark oak finishes and a more traditional aesthetic. Designed to accommodate both business travelers and leisure professionals, each of the 2,800 guestrooms boasts approximately 5oo square feet of living space and a cast of modern amenities including high speed Internet access. With features such as marble bathrooms, satellite television and in room safes, Bally's guestrooms are evidence of why this hotel resort has maintained its status as one of Las Vegas' industry leaders.

TangoNuevo's Profile Photo

In between the strip

by written on August 12, 2005

Bally is located in the middle of the strip. It's the best price hotel around. They have small convenient shop at the lobby. In case you forgot your toothbrush.

My favorite place to stay in Vegas. Bally and Paris LV, shares the same parking lot. They belong to the same parent company. When you walk down the escalator. It could be confusing.

Turn sharp right to Bally LV. Both hotels are interconnected with each other. Paris is much pricier than Bally. I guess, it must be the "PARIS" name.

The rooms aren't better than Bally. The only down side is finding a parking spot.

Unique Quality: It's right opposite Bellagio. If you're lucky, you could view the beautiful fountains.

Spacious room! And I really enjoyed walking around the lobby.

Nearby Bally's Las Vegas

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews