Best Western Mardi Gras Inn

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Best Western Mardi Gras Inn

Health Department Problems w/Pool

Went to spend a weekend away from the house and decided to stay at the Best Western Mardi Gras. When we arrived we were disappointed to find out that the pool was being re-surfaced and was closed. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to cancel our reservation without penalty. So, we stayed.

Corporate and local management failed to provide any consideration for the lack of the pool, even though the pool was advertized. Then we discovered that Clark County Health Department had cited the Best Western Mardi Gras and closed its pool. So, you have to ask, if the pool fails the health department test, what about the restraurants?

I have found that Best Western Mardi Gras is a good deal only if you are planning on slumming.

An Off-Strip Gem!

The ad took a little liberty saying the hotel was located "two blocks from the strip." As the crow flies, yes, but one-way streets and construction make it a tad longer to drive, and even longer to walk. However, this is probably the best little find in Vegas or anywhere else in the "motel" world. They were definitely not fibbing one bit about the comfortable and clean mini-suite room. You open the door to nice little parlor with a pull-out sofa. The queen size (in our case) bed is separated from the parlor by an attractive divider, and the wet bar is complete with a fridge, sink and coffee maker. Closet was equipped with an iron and ironing board as well; and, by motel standards, the towels were unusually generous and fluffy. One thing I don't like but which seems to be rather standard in econo-priced accommodations is the split bathroom setup, i.e., toilet & tub "water closet" style and hand-washing sink out in the open. Not quite private enough for me when the window to the street is directly across the room. Nevertheless, the friendly staff, inviting pool, and small but pleasant casino/restaurant/bar make the Best Western Mardi Gras a great value for the budget-minded traveler.

Viva Las Vegas!

We went the weekend of the Tarver-Jones fight and although the hotel is a 2-star, 3-at best, we gave it a 5-star, excellent rating and here's why. #1--the staff. The staff was courteous, helpful, and friendly. #2--location. Just a few minutes from the Strip. The hotel is on Paradise Road and if you want to beat the traffic on the Strip, Paradise Road is the street to take. Also, it's conveniently located down the street from the Wet N' Wild, water park for families who want fun in the sun. #3--little cafe in the hotel. All you can eat ribs for 11 bucks! We didn't eat there for the ribs but had breakfast there and was very satisfied. #4--pool and jacuzi were clean and crowded at some times. Finally, the rooms--although they were not spotless, the rooms were decent and for the price (less than a 100 bucks per night for a weekend) you can't beat it. Besides, for folks on a budget, this room is great for crashing after a fun day and night and taking a shower or two. The beds aren't that great either. OVERALL, STAY THERE IF YOU'RE ON A BUDGET AND LOOKING FOR A DECENT PLACE TO STAY 1-2 NIGHTS.

Good place to get some rest

The hotel is a little of the strip, but close to the monorail. My room was very large and had a fride. Nice and cool when it's 108 degrees outside.

Although the neigbourhood is not very friendly I found the Mardi gras excellent to get some sleep after gambling in the casino's.

I stayed here on july 26 for 2 nights.

Don't waste your time or money here

Save your money stay somewhere else. Our stay was the week of May 10, 2004. The rooms were dingy, they had bugs in the rooms, the staff seem like we were imposing on them, the "casino" is two rows of slot machines, the big feature of the hotel was the pool, but in talking to the staff in the days before checking in no one mentioned that it was being resurfaced and was closed. We had 3 rooms with adults and children with us for a wedding and we requested that the rooms be reserved near each other, we got 1 by the front elevator{small box}, 1 at the rear courtyard and 1 outside the courtyard opposite of the construction site, not real close to each other. The shuttle bus leaves around 8 in the morning and you better be back by the last run around 10. As for being 2 blocks off the strip, i can see the two blocks to the strip, you just can't get there. If you plan on walking to the strip its more like 4-5 long city blocks or about 20-25 minute walk. If you do plan to stay here i highly recomend getting the safe and use it. The Place would be good if your going and don't care where you sleep and are just going to party, but anyone traveling with a family should steer clear of this place. The best part of staying here was leaving as early as possible.

2002WEDDING

We are staying her 12 days in 2002 for our Las Vegas Wedding. ABSOLUTLY PERFECT....
Room clean, Services excellent, etc...
We are come back last year and we come come back again in December...
Thanks

Great value

Not the newest or the smartest, but if you're on a budget, this could be the one for you. The 'mini-suite' was clean and spacious with a wonderfully comfortable bed. The pool was clean and tidy. The desk staff were exremely helpful when I presented them with a minor personal crisis, which they managed to resolve with a little internet detective work. The shuttle to the stip/airport runs every hour on a complimentary basis (tips are in order of course) but my advice is to invest in a $5 day pass for the bus service (108 connects with the stip near the Stratosphere) My one reservation was that the Hotel's own Restautrant was too close to the noise of the inevitable slot machines. If I go back to Las Vegas I would certainly use this Hotel again.

Good for the price

If you are looking for a resonable price place to sleep this is a good place. Not fancy, just a plain room but very roomy, clean and comfortable. The restaurant's food was good and resonably priced. Service was a bit slow but friendly. Their little casino was a nice place to play a few slots. I even won a few dollars. Their desk clerks were a little unknowledgable and didn't want to go out of their way but fairly effecient. Overall, it served our purpose nicely.

Never treated so terribly in my life

Not only did we reserve 5 rooms 2 months in advance, but we also called the day before to re-confirm...needless to say we waited 45 minutes at the check in desk...all to hear that they had no record of our reservations! It was VERY late and there were 11 of us (including a small child) so we waited. Luckily, they had rooms available. One of the rooms that they gave us was occupied, and another one was never cleaned from the last guests. When we finally got to our room. It smelled heavily of urine and beer (this was NOT the room that wasn't cleaned) I dropped something on the floor, and that's when I almost fainted at the smell of urine. When I walked into the bathroom, I noticed some unexpected guests, there were 3 cockroaches on the floor, 1 dead, 2 alive. I called my mom in another room, she too had a cockroach in her room. I was disgusted. I called the front desk and was told that this is common in Las Vegas and shouldn't worry about it. Being that I had never been there before, I shrugged it off.
The last straw I had was when the waitress in the "restaurant" rolled her eyes at me when I asked her if she was going to wait on us after sitting there for 15 minutes, and told me to "just give me your order, ok?". So I asked to speak to the manager to tell him that we were checking out early, and was told that was fine, but we were still going to pay for the 3 nights that were reserved. I questioned him by saying that I was told that we had no reservation, according to his staff the night before...he laughed and said that it didn't matter, we still had to pay in full for the nights reserved. I couldn't believe the rude, unthoughtful service we received. I don't recommend staying there.

Comments