Binions Gambling Hall And Hotel

128 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

AMOMA.com Hotelsclick.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

• LAS VEGAS BEST POOL

I LOVE BINIONS SWIMMING POOL I THINK IT IS THE BEST IN LAS VEGAS ! I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS AND STAYED AT DIFFERENT PLACES . I ACTUALLY CALL IT MY POOL NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE THERE . I HAVE STAYED ACROSS THE STREET AND STILL WENT TO BINIONS POOL. I DONT GAMBLE MUCH BUT THE PEOPLE ARE REALLY FRIENDLY AND ARE REAL HELPFUL.

• ridermirv's Profile Photo

Binion's Horseshoe, A Tragic Legend

Binion's used to be my favorite place to stay and gamble. Until 2004, it was one of the last privately owned casinos in Vegas. It's downfall began when Jack Binion and his sister Becky had a falling out over the management of the casino, I think in 1997, and Jack sold his intrest in it to his sister. Becky, along with her husband quicly took the place downhill. In January 2004, the IRS and the Nevada gaming commision came in and shut the place down. Becky couldn't meet her financial obligations, so was forced to sell the casino that her father, legendary Texas gambler Benny Binion built. The buyer was Harrah's entertainment, a large gambling conglomerant.

I'm not sure what happened with the deal with Harrah's, but Binions is now owned by MTR Gaming Group. The casino is no longer called "Binion's Horsehoe", it's just "Binion's". These people have no clue about what made the horseshoe famous. Beware of their single deck black jack. It's a 6 to 5 payout, not 3 to 2, so the odds are no better than a multi deck game.
    The good part is rooms are still reasonably proiced. It's still a good place to stay, it's just lost the character it used to have, and the players have no chance. The restaurants and snack bars are still good, but I think the coffee shop is not as good as it used to be.

Unique Quality: Binion's has 2 sides to the hotel, the old side, and the tower. The old side is usually cheaper, but the rooms are dark, and most don't have windows. The tower is much nicer, with all rooms having windows.

On the roof of the tower there is a very nice swimming pool.

Binions has a great steak house, coffee shop, and 2 snack bars in the casino, where you can get quick and reasonbly priced breakfast, lunches, or quick snacks. While still good, the coffee shop is not what it used to be.

Directions: Downtown on Freemont st.

• Temporarily Closed

Due to problems with overall management and finally with the tax authorities, sadly, Binion's is now closed. However, there's hope as Harrah's is buying the property. With luck, the new owners won't change too much. The Horse Shoe is schedule to re-open in May 2004 in time for the World Series of Poker. For the latest info go to www.harrahs.com

Unique Quality: Old time casino with single deck blackjack.

Directions: Downtown Las Vegas

• LHOON's Profile Photo

The real style of Vegas

For a more classic Vegas experience apart from the plastic world of the Strip, go to Binion's at Fremont street, a real gambler's casino and hotel.

More about Binions Gambling Hall And Hotel

Binions is #1

We have returned from a weeks stay downtown at Binion's. We read all the reviews and we a little worried, but it was wonderful! The rooms are just fine, no problems with anything. Everyone was pleasant and the atmosphere was good. It wasn't anything like I have read. I have pictures of the room, the pool, etc... We have No complaints what-so-ever!! I thing we liked it better than the strip, we will go back. The Fremont Street Experience is something you don't want to miss,we didn't go downtown the first time we stayed and it is truley an experience. When we go back we will stay downtown, we went to all the hotels-casinos and loved them all. It was GREAT!!!!! Don't believe everything you read or you might miss out on a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to go back!!! Downtown was super!!!

scared at first by bad reviews, but glad we went

I have been to vegas 5 times and love staying downtown, staying at the golden nugget or the fitzgerald never at binions. When we booked or trip everywhere else was sold out so we had no choice. Heard lot of bad things but none of them true. There was 8 of us we had 4 rooms some of the rooms were smaller then the others, but rooms were cleans and nice. I will go back to the binions everytime for now on. The price was right the service was good. Dont let the bad reviews scare you off beautiful place to stay. Thank You Binions

They tried, but Failed

My new Wife and I just recently stayed at the Horse-sh--t (I mean shoe). The first room was in the Old tower and had a lovely view of a wall. Our 2nd room was a handicap wheel chair access ;so there was a chair in Our roll in no tub shower. They finally put us in a so called junior suite that I was happy to get after all We had gone through. Last but not least they kept all of my Cash deposit ($50) upon check-out. I dont know why "We never stayed in a room long enough to make a call, order a movie (not even an option), or order room service (no room service). Binions you got My $50, but you'll never get My buisness again, and I'll be sure to tell some friends.

Prepared for worst...but experienced the best!!!

I read all the negative reviews of Binions, but my experience could not have been better. I had problems finding a room for a Friday night, but took advantage of their $59 rate special. I walked from the bus station (yep, the bus!) I had taken from Phoenix at 6:15 am to the hotel, and began by going to the downstairs coffee shop; for $2.95, 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, a heaping plate of hash browns, toast. The waitress was friendly, and the coffee shoproom is decorated with wood trim; very pleasant!

I couldn't check in until 3 pm, but checked my luggage in; the hotel gave me a number to call to check on my room; again, very friendly. When I checked in, they gave me excellent directions; simple -- elevator up 4 floors only 10-20 steps from the registration desk. The room was amazing! -- about 20 by 20, fresh, new green carpet, a comfortable couch with 2 wingback chairs, nice table, huge comfy king-sized bed. Even remember the room number -- 404. It's a mini-suite; ask for it.

I totally enjoyed the Freemont Street experience that night, the ease with getting around downtown, and a great, prime-rib dinner at Fitzgeralds for $8.95. I joined up with my brother the next day at MGM Grand; the strip has gotten too congested and the room was not as nice!

My experience at Binions could not have been better -- as Ahnold would say, "I'll be back!"

Never come back again, Expensive, old and smell bad !!

I just got back from LV, I am very very disappointed at the Binion. I paid at 3stars hotel rate at the trip but 1 star for this hotel. That's mean it is very expensive ($102 per nights). And I hated it. It smell terrible and room dirty. I don't recommend any one to book for this hotel. Go to the trip better, at least you pay for what you stay. But here is overcharged...

Binion HorseShoe LV -This's not a hotel for me. Too old and smell and expensive

by TripAdvisor Member BADEXPERIENCES

I just got back from LV (5/30/05). I'm so regreted that I booked for this hotel, I don't game a lot,just like to stay and enjoy entertainment and food, but this hotel is ruined my stay, it old and dirty and smell bad. When I am tired from a day, I don't want and scare to get back to my room to get rest because of its smells so bad. I just only came back for the night to sleep. That's terrible, even I am tired I can not go to my room for resting. I paid $105 per night, and for a bad room. It is too expensived. Only one thing that I give them a credit is the staff are nice. But over all, this hotel is not for me at all. I do not recommend for any one to come for your stay in las vegas, look for other hotel when you want to stay in downtown. Next time, I'll stay at the trip, it always is the best location when you go to las vegas.

Binions HorseshoeBinions Horseshoe

close up of Binions Casinoclose up of Binions Casino

BINIONSBINIONS

Binions Rooms

by KScott67

We have a king room booked but are now looking at the 2 bedroom suite, has anyone seen the suite there and if so is it nice? I am trying to find a picture on the net but am having no luck, can anyone help?

Re: Binions Rooms

by KScott67

Yeah I have tried the google but can't find it for the suite.

Comments