344 East Desert Inn Road, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Harrah'sHarrah's

family home exchange 15 days

by viard

Hello,
We are a french family willing to exchange our home for 2 weeks (about 22 December - 5 january 2011 or 2012)
We are 5 of us.
We are located in Montpellier in France (south of France). Our house is a 700keuros house with 5 bed rooms.
Our goal is to visit landscape arround Las Vegas: Yosemite, death valley, Monumental, etc...

best regards

renaud.metz@free.fr

by ranger49

I think you would have more success posting on a recognised house swap forum like Houselink, home excgange etc.
Your dates, by the way, are not too good for visiting Yosemite!

by ranger49

The second suggestion should be - http://www.homeexchange.com/

by Odinnthor

Perhaps you should also take a look at a good map, with distances included. The US is a big country, and distances may not look like what they really are.

For instance Monument Valley is about seven hours drive from Las Vegas. If you do go there however, look into Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon as well that are relatively close to Monument Valley. It would be a three day trip from Vegas.

Yosemite is some distance as well, over eight hours driving, but during the Cshristmas season it is covered in snow and most roads in are closed, although entrance is cleared somewhat, but chains are mandatory.

Grand Canyon however will be easily accessible from Vegas, as will Death Valley and the Valley of Fire.

Good luck......d:o)

by jeanfinney

That time of year is dicey for travel in the States - there always seem to be lots of awful storms and people spending days in the airport etc - Maybe you could plan for other dates, or head for very southern areas - but even then your connection might be delayed - I generally fly to the States, often from...Montpellier!! my beloved!!( I don't have a home to swap but if you ever need a housesitter...) and there is frequently a delay getting to my southern destination, Nashville, which can also have snow and storms...I would recommend another time of year, and you might find a house exchange more easily in the spring or summer....

by painterdave

Hello, This is a good idea you have to exchange houses. I hope you find someone.
I just want to say that you need to know that the drive from Las Vegas to Yosemite is a full day. Plus it looks like you want to stop and see death valley. The maps always make things look closer, at least it does that to me here in Europe.
Dave

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

Palazzo Scultures

by Yaqui

Like other neat features you will see in Vegas. I like to know more about them. The beautiful sculptures they have that are the centerpiece of the lobby in the Palazzo you cannot miss. I found this information online. Very interesting to know that a company called Reynolds Polymer did the sculptures.

In 2007, the fountain sculptures at the Palazzo Las Vegas Resort, Hotel, & Casino was truly a first for us. We started with a large, solid block of acrylic and very slowly and carefully carved out the statues from this block. The result was stunning: 3 sculptures in frosted acrylic of women in various poses standing 12 feet tall (3.7m). The sculptures were then transported to the Palazzo where they were mounted to a 14 foot tall (4.3m) acrylic column that was 32 inches in diameter (81.3cm). The rest of the water feature was then assembled along with the customized lighting for the display.www.reynoldspolymer.com/Portfolio/Architecture/Palazzo-Statues.html

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

3325 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109

702.607.7777

Pampering yourself

by Eurasian68

When I last visited Las Vegas, I stayed at the Mirage. It´s service and staff were just wonderful. Don´t forget the animals they offer you to visit.
I also watched the Siegfried and Roy show, but I am not sure if it´s still available after the accident.... I won the total expenses for this trip in one of the casinos:-) this is what I miss most!
So anyone travelling to Las Vegas, don´t forget to try your luck.

Visit the Strip. Paradoxical...

by dinhyen

Visit the Strip. Paradoxical as it may seem, the best things in this gambling metropolis are free! Even if your main purpose here is gambling, it's a joy to take in the sights and sounds here. Simply put, this is the largest outdoor theme park in the world. From the Luxor pyramid and temple, the Bellagio's water fountains, the thespian statues in Caesar's Palace, the Mirage's exploding volcanoes, the dueling man-o-wars at the Treasure Island, to the Freemont Street Experience downtown, take your pick. Cheap eats, cheap lodging, and free entertainment, you can't possibly ask for more. Of course, natives like me would prefer that you will also spend $$ to help support the local economy :) I lived in Las Vegas for several years from '87 till the mid '90s. Even though I live in Boston for the time being, I visit my family there several times a year and still consider myself a Las Vegas native. I went to high school and college here; there are many fond memories which are of a personal realm so they can't be related here :)

Check out the strip. Of...

by fraz

Check out the strip. Of course this goes without saying but it is amazing walking through all the great Super Casinos! Most of my fond memories in Las Veags are having great times- any time (24 hours a day) - sightseeing, eating, drinking, and, of course, gambling/winning.

Looking for a dollar machine....or a nickel

by mapakettle

If you are wandering about the casino looking for a certain denomination slot machine to play, be aware that the lights on 'most' of the machines are color coded...
Red..nickels
Yellow..Quarters
Gold..Half Dollar
Blue..Dollars the tingle I get prior to playing a winning machine....always happens, however sometimes I mistake my fear for 'THE TINGLE'

Comments