Blue Angel Motel

Good For No Data

More about Blue Angel Motel

Freemont LED Light Street Experience

by machomikemd

Fremont Street is the second most famous street in Las Vegas, Nevada after the Las Vegas Strip. Located in the heart of the downtown casino corridor, it is the address for many famous casinos such as Binion's Horseshoe, Eldorado Club, Fremont Hotel and Casino, Golden Gate Hotel & Casino, Golden Nugget, The Mint, and the Pioneer Club.

Fremont Street Experience located in the heart of downtown Las Vegas on the historic street that started it all. The world-famous, one-of-a-kind entertainment venue is home to Viva Vision, the biggest big screen on the planet. More than 12 million lights in the Viva Vision canopy and 550,000 watts of concert quality sound pumped to speakers throughout the venue produce an incredible array of eye-popping imagery and heart pounding music. Viva Vision shows appear nightly on the hour beginning at dusk and are free and open to the public. The giant LED screen towers 90-feet above a pedestrian mall lined with unique retail shopping kiosks and two permanent performance stages. Ten legendary casinos line Fremont Street Experience with more than 60 restaurants and thousands of loose slots. Free concerts, special events, and roaming street performers entertain the nearly 17 million visitors who come to experience the vintage Vegas attraction each year.

Prior to the construction of the Fremont Street Experience, the western end of Fremont Street was the picture of Las Vegas that was included in virtually every television show and movie that wanted to display the lights of Las Vegas. The abundance of neon earned the street the nickname of Glitter Gulch.

Do not go here if you are in a wheelchair

by TripAdvisor Member NHBeadLady

Our hotel room was a good deal for the money - especially for people traveling on a budget. The rooms, while very small, are clean and adequate, however there were NO fridges, no microwaves, and you had to put down a deposit to borrow a hairdryer or iron. Staff was courteous but not overly friendly. The biggest caveat here is accessibility for handicapped guests. If you are in a wheelchair as my spouse was, this is not the place for you. Putting a grab bar in the tub does not make a room handicapped accessible when you can't wheel to the tub because the toilet is in the way! Once out of the room however, Fremont Street is great! Closed to vehicles, this is a great place to spend a few days. We visited the strip but far preferred Fremont Street Experience and look forward to our next trip (to be spent in a different hotel).

Lives up to the title of "oldest hotel in Vegas"...

As graduation presents to ourselves, my boyfriend and I decided to visit Vegas for New Year's. Unfortunately, by the time we booked our hotel, the Golden Gate was all that was available, but we learned our lesson and will not be staying there ever again... Our room was very small and the bathroom was so tiny the door hit the toilet when you tried to walk into the restroom. Also, since the hotel is so old, it is very loud in the rooms and housekeeping begins their rounds about 8am (too early for me!). In addition, there was a gap beneath the main door that was about 2 inches wide, meaning everything people said in the hallway was audible in our room. To top it off, the last day we were there (Jan.2), there was no hot water in our room. When we called the front desk, we were told they had "simply run out of hot water" but they weren't sure when it would be fixed. We checked out immediately following this and stayed one night at Green Valley Ranch, which I would highly recommend to anyone travelling to Vegas. Take our advice- Although the Golden Gate is temptingly cheap, pay a little more and avoid the place at all costs!

Te worst hotel we've ever stayed in!!!

We had reservations for 2 days at this hotel, but didn't stay out the 2 days due to problems. The condition was terrible. Granted this is an old hotel, but the hallway smelled old, our room I'm sure was a broom closet once,very small, only 1 nite stand. The tiny little soap packets were the size of a quarter in packages from Australia. One adult, not alone 2 could not wash with this small soap, so more were brought up, but they were unbelievable. The coffee maker overflowed coffee all over the dresser and it would not shut off. Our floor, on the 4th floor was on the street side and we never slept all nite due to the noise of 24-hour Vegas, and sirens running up and down the street all nite. We checked out early, asking for our money back for the 2nd day, we we did receive. She never apologized, never asked to move us(which we would never have done) This is unacceptable, if you're going to run an "old" hotel, then it should be up to better conditions that are in that hotel.

Old But Very Clean

by TripAdvisor Member ADW1954

I read some of the reviews before taking my trip, I booked my room via Expedia, all I can say is that my 7 night was excellent value for money! My room was not modern but it was VERY clean.

I dont rate the Golden Gate

by TripAdvisor Member Royle_9

This is without question the worst accommodation I have ever stayed in. I booked this thinking there would be some old world charm, I could not have been more wrong. This place needs a visit from the health inspectors and the Fire Marshals. My room had dodgy electrics, The sink was so old that there was hardly any enamel left on it. The windows wouldn't close properly and the furnishings were not only tired - they were exhausted.

I took the stairs down to reception one day and the sprinkler system had at least 3 inches of dust on it.

Strangely, given what I have said above, I did eat in the hotel and it was pretty good. The shrimp cocktail was superb and I took the view that they sold so much of it, it had to be fresh and it was prepared in front of you so I wasn't too worried about how clean the kitchens were. The hotel is in a superb location at the head of Freemont Street, but I am afraid they are living on past glories.

Time for a major refurbishment. For the moment avoid it like the plague - unless you want a shrimp cocktail

Comments