8335 South Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89123, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• Horrible Hotel! We got the hives Do NOT stay here!

Because I only have a limited space to tell of all the horrid things that happened on my stay at this hotel I will make an attempt to list them.

1) The hotel lost our reservation & took 30 mins to check us in after we had to call a million numbers to prove to them we had one.

2) The TVs were all missing the buttons, the remote had no back so the batteries flew everywhere & the DVD player did not work.

3) Upon trying to put clothes in our dresser, it fell apart!

4) Maintenance came to our room for these issues 5 times in the first two days!

5) We found a pair of mens underwear in our room that did not belong to anyone in our group!! Housekeeping suggested they were ours & did not take responsibility for them.

6)We had to move to a different room b/c of all our problems. The hotel did not offer to help with the move from one building to another. (6 people & a week work of groceries)

7) You are only allowed 1 pool float per room, even if you do have 6 people. There are not enough chairs for all the people.

8) They say shuttle takes 15 mins. But only had 1 working so we waiting a min of 30 mins. Due to location taxis from here to strip are a min of $20 but avg $40.

9) The GM was very skittish & wasn't happy about having to comp us dinner & drinks for our troubles.

10) After moving to our new room. My husband & I both began to experience itching, welts & redness from sleeping in our bed. The front desk suggested we must both be allergic to the detergent. We did not find that likely since we were fine in the last room's bed. We had hives for 4 days! After replacing the sheets they finally started to go away but that was our last day. Housekeeping didn't even put them on the bed, we had to ourselves!

The organization and planning of this hotel is a disgrace. After staying at this hotel I will NEVER purchase a timeshare. I will NEVER EVER recommend this hotel to ANYONE! This is the worst hotel on the market. I am highly disappointed. Especially after reading so many great reviews. I could go on and on about how much this hotel ruined our trip but I will stop. I think you get the point. It was awful and completely ruined our trip. Oh and my husband and I just finally got our hives, redness and severe itching to go away today...one week after being home! DO NOT stay here!!!!!

Directions: Several miles from the strip.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Karins Timeshare

We had to come here and check it out. Karin and Dave (our good friends) bought this timeshare and from the pictures it looked awesome. So on one of our stays at Vegas we came to the Cancun Resort for their day use. First of all, we were not disappointed. The place is beautiful! We rented some rafts to float on and they even gave us towels. everything was free (to rent) and the place was very clean, great staff.
    I own a timeshare myself and i definately would concider trading through RCI or II and staying at this resort.

Unique Quality: The theme throughout the resort is of course a Mayan Theme. It actually did remind me of Cancun!

More about Cancun Resort

Cancun Resort is a great place to stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member Diamondgirl

We stayed at the Cancun Resort for 7 days (June 10-June 17) and I have to say that it was a great stay. The kitchen was small, but well stocked. The living room/dining room combination was comfortable. We (family of 3) stayed in a 2-bedroom unit on the 8th floor, corner unit of the newest building and I must say the bedrooms (both of them) were huge. Both had whirlpools with showers and a very large bathroom area. The master bedroom has a king size bed and the second bedroom had a queen, as well as the pull out sofa in the living room which we didn't need to use. Very quiet resort. The pool area was so nice. They have these hammocks under a shaded tent area that was completely awesome. There is a game room for kids as well as adults. Staff was on point and very courteous. The concierge was so helpful about places to visit on the strip and off. On our first day there, two of the televisions were not working and I called the front desk and the maintenance guy was there within 10 minutes to fix the problem. We rented a car, but they do have a shuttle bus. Plenty of parking (indoor and outdoor) and they are building two more buildings to complete this resort. The balcony is very long and we had a view of the mountains and in the evening this view is breath taking. The only slight downer was that there is a room tax of $4.88 a day in Clark county in Vegas for timeshare exchange stays. I guess that is a Vegas thing because we have never had this extra expense with our other exchanges, but I have to say it was well worth it. What I really liked most about this resort is that the entrance to your villa is from the inside (like a hotel room). On other timeshare resorts we have stayed at (Orlando, Palm Springs), the entrance to your villa was always from the outside. The elevators are quick. Overall, a wonderful stay and would definitely come back.

Great swimming pool

After reading several other reviews I was nervous about staying at the Cancun Resort. I even emailed the resort and told them about what others were saying about the resort on Tripadvisor. They emailed me back and reassured me that everything would be fine and gave me the managers name should I have any problems. They even called when I was there to make sure everything was ok. That's customer service!

What I liked was the pool. It has 4 water slides and several hot tubs. The pool area never felt crowded. There is a very nice restaurant pool side. They supply towels, noodle floats, and regular pool floats. On Saturday they had a steel drum band playing live music...very nice!

I read many bad comments about the customer service and the shuttle both of which we used many times. We called the front desk a couple of times and everytime they answered the call very promptly. And the shuttle which takes you to the strip was on time every time.

The resort says it has washers and dryers but take note they are not in your unit. They are down the hall and there is a fee.

What I didn't like was the kitchen. It was very small and the room was only made smaller by the dark wood shades they use in the living room area. But it did have everything you need. The bathrooms were large and the jetted tubs were awesome. They have maid service if you stay longer than 5 days.

Family Fun

by TripAdvisor Member cito90

We stayed at the resort from July 18 - July 24 and LOVED every second of it. The Pool is one of the best I've seen, with 4 water slides and depths that ranged from 3 1/2 feet to 5 feet. The water was always clean and the lifeguards were always alert.
The food and drinks at the pool bar were very good and service was above average.
The room was very clean, we had a 1 bedroom with a pullout sofa in the living room. 2 bathrooms and full kitchen. Across the street from the resort is a fully stocked super market that is open 24 hrs. a day. Must be very careful crossing the BIG street to get there.

The only down side to this resort is their shuttle bus. The week that I was at the resort, the average teperature was 108 degrees and not once was the Air Conditioning working in the buses.

But besides that, Its a very nice place.

Not a Five Star Resort

by TripAdvisor Member jimhallhdg

This resort is listed in Interval International as a five star facility. The resort has the appropriate amenities, it is beautiful, but the management, operation, and its customer service is very lacking. During our stay (July 30 - Aug 6) the following issues occurred:
1) Main Pool was shut down July 31 - Aug 3 due to a major mechanical problem. A water leak in the pump room shorted out electrical devices. A good maintenance / security program could have prevented the catastrophic effect of a leak. Management provided NO arrangements for the guests to swim at other LV hotels.
2. The AC unit for an entire building shut off around midnight on Aug 2. We called the front desk @3 am and were told maint comes in at 8 am. We left our room at 11 am and the temperature was 84 degrees. The maintenance dept should have been called IN @ 3 am. Also no call was made by mgmt to inform us what was wrong - they waited until individual units called them first. Like the pool - the management and maintenance dept do not have adequate systems in place to run a decent resort.
3. Room cleaning - many timeshare resorts mention that everydayservice is not provided but this is the FIRST of my TEN experiences that it did not happen.... Actually we scheduled our midweek to occur when we had new guests arriving. Only the bed linens and sheets were changed. NO CLEANING. We had to call the front desk after we got back to our room and wait about an hour while a second cleaning was done.
4. The attitudes / behavior of the pool staff was lousy. The lifeguards were confrontational and arrogant. We witnessed an overweight woman in swim trunks/sleeveless tshirt confronted by 4 different people because it was not considered appropriate swimwear. The woman was uncomfortable wearing a real swimsuit due to her physical situation. Even mgmt got involved. We were confronted for jumping into the pool, sitting on the steps leading into the slide area, and wearing jewelry. We are 52 years old were not a Safety risk.

In summary, be prepared for anything.

definitely not a 5 star

We booked with Hotels (nightmare) we insisted we wanted a Jacuzzi room. and specifically asked that the jucuzzi be in the main room to overlook the strip. (in vegas). We asked if there was a casino at this hotel. and a restuarant. Truth is.... the restaurant is just a grille, what we thought was a restaurant was a large area where people were being worked over to purchase timeshares. and the Jacuzzi room turned out to be a jetted tub in the bathroom. the carpet was so filthy that within 20 min. my wife and her girlfriend's bare feet were black. there was no casino.
We were offered to stay the next night free, we left and paid for the new york new york (which we will only stay at from now on... see the review) told them to give the free room to the homeless. we never saw the shuttle bus. and paid for limo as they said the shuttle not have room for our luggage anyway.
P>S> Hotels inferred that this room was comparable to a $400 room... in fact I would not have paid more than $89 had I wanted to stay there.

Great place to make memories!

My visit to this resort is one I'll never forget. The suites were immaculate. Fully furnished with a fully supplied kitchenette and dining area. This is great if you enjoy cooking your own meals, which can enhance the experience. Jaccuzi tub was a hit. Even from the 2nd floor, my view of the Vegas area was beautiful, day and night. The water park is fun for all ages with slides, hot tubs, and large swimming areas. I had a minor problem with one channel on my TV and someone was there within minutes to change the remote and reprogram the TV. For my first trip to Vegas, this resort was made my trip worthwhile. This place is highly reccomended. I'll book it for my next Vegas trip!!

WILL STAY HERE FROM NOW ON!!!

I recently stayed at the Cancun because no other place had rooms available and I loved it. We got the two bedroom which was very very big. The kitchen was fully equipped and furnished. Both bathrooms had jacuzzi tubs, the one in the masterbedroom was HUGE!!! In the living room was a queen sofa too. The dvd player played CDs so we had music going all day and night. The drive to the strip is not as bad as some say...maybe five minutes at the most. The is a market right across the street so you can stock up the fridge and save some money. The room is supposed to be for 6 people max, but we had 8...just don't tell. Our heater wasnt working when we checked in and I'd say within half hour the problem got fixed. It was toooo cold for the pool, but gosh I wish it wasnt't because it is also HUGE and very beautiful. I will be going again next month and will stay here again. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone.

No Where Close to 5 Star

Worst of our Interval International Stays. The staff were not helpful, seemed put-out when we had questions and seemed totally dis-interested in our satisfaction. Concierge was busy finishing her day and threw some brochures at us about shows and ended the conversation abruptly.

The "shuttle bus" was "in the shop". The back up van was jammed full, with approximately 10-12 of us remaining to fend for ourselves. No apologies, no "thinking out of the box", just an "Oh well" shrug and an offer to call a $20 cab for us (no help with this expense).

On the night we left, we asked for a cab. We waited over an hour and, instead of calling another company, the guy at the desk used comments like "they're very busy and will get to you when they can" FINALLY, he called another company and we were on our way, making our flight with 5 minutes to spare.

I WOULD NOT recommend this "resort"

Driving In Las Vegas

by lcray

Hello, Am looking for some tips to help with driving in Vegas. After picking up our rental car we want to go up to the Sahara hotel/Casino. Looking for a way to drive up there that Avoids the Strip. I don't have that great of a map, but am wondering if Paradise Road is an option? We would like to drive to the Sahara on an alternate route, then when we leave drive all the way down the strip as we make our way to our lodgings, which are the very South end of the strip...I have heard that traffic on the strip is very conjested. Can anyone suggest alternate routes, or short cuts from the Cancun Resort to the hotels on the strip where we could valet park? We don't mind using public transportation and walking either, but know we will want to take the car out some of the time, especially as one member of our party can't walk long distances because of a leg brace. Would also appreciate suggestions on best routes/scenic drives between Las Vegas and Mount Charleston, and also Hoover Dam & Lake Mead. Those are the two out of town places some of us will be visting. Any suggestions regarding the driving will be appreciated. Thanks!

by bocmaxima

Paradise Road is just the way you get from the airport to the Sahara. It should be a good route. You shouldn't have to be on the Strip. The Strip is more congested on Friday and Saturday nights, but it's also congested during rush hour when Paradise Road, and pretty much everything, also is.
Paradise Road is one-way near the airport though, and you're actually on Swenson which swipes by the UNLV campus. If traffic is really bad, you can stay on Swenson past Harmon (where everyone turns to get back onto Paradise) and follow that all the way up to Sahara and turn left. But I don't see that being necessary.
While in Vegas, there is a monorail system that runs the course of the Strip and the Sahara just happens to be its northernmost point. However, the monorail runs a bit off of the Strip, so it would require a bit of walking to actually get to it. It's also a little pricey.

hth

by Sevsa

Actually the car rental companies are all located at the new car rental center which is two miles south of the airport. You get the shuttle bus from the arrival area to the center. So you will have to work your way back to Paradise Rd.

by kenstan

get a GPS with the rental car it will tell you how to get there where you are and alternate routes if its busy or accidents there the best thing in a city you don't know I live here and don't know how I lived without it.Most rental company's have them now.

Comments