Cliffs At Peace Canyon

4550 South Grand Canyon Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89147, United States
Cliffs at Peace Canyon
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Cliffs At Peace Canyon

LOVED CLIFFS AT PEACE CANYON!!!

by TripAdvisor Member PollyLeon

We stayed here the week of May 28, 2005 on our wedding trip. We had a 2 bedroom condo and had my husband's parents and my 9 year old daughter. We wanted to stay off the strip because we were there to get married and wanted to be able to get away when we needed to get away.

The room was breathtaking. The layout and design is absolutely beautiful. I cannot say enough about how comfortable it was to have 5 people in one condo - even for a wedding (although, we did stay on the strip for our wedding night). The drive is about 15 minutes from the strip and they drive crazy out in Vegas when you are from GA. HAHA! You'll want to rent a car and you'll want to visit Red Rock Canyon which is nearby. The area is really beautiful and there are lots of good restaurants close so you don't have to pay strip prices too eat.

I didn't swim at the pool, but it looked beautiful. The staff was very accomodating and treated us like we were the only ones in Vegas getting married. (By the way, I recomend the A Special memory Chapel if you plan to get married there - it isn't cheesey and was beautiful and sent a limo all the way out there for me etc.) We declined the presentation and they never mentioned it again. The room did not have free internet, so be prepared if you need it. The TV's were huge, the furniture was beautiful. Overall, we'll probably drive the distance and not stay on the strip next year like we did this year. This condo is GREAT. We did have issues with the neighbors making too much noise one night (they were actually quite rowdy and on the balcony right outside our window - the night before our wedding). The walls are a little thin. We called the front desk and they immediately took care of it. We never heard them again.

Mirage Hotel

by lazyman_1

The Mirage is beautiful both inside and out and definately deserves a walk around the premises. This is one of the newer breed of Las Vegas resorts where bigger s better. The resort is extremely elaborate and just walking through made me wish I was staying there. Similar to Treasure island the whole place struck me as very trendy.

Pros & Cons of Cliffs

by TripAdvisor Member getset

Just returned from my first trip to Vegas. Stayed at The Cliffs. Found the resort to be very nice. Very clean and comfortable. For those of you who enjoy the hustle and bustle of being on the strip, The Cliffs probably wouldn't be for you. It's approx. 20 minutes away.
There are many shops and restaurants in the area. I would highly recommend Shucky's. The one time I ate there everyone in my party enjoyed their meal.
A bit of advice......don't book any excursions i.e. trips to the Grand Canyon, etc. through the concierge at The Cliffs. They drastically inflate the price! We booked our own excursion, were more than pleased with it and it was less than $200!
I would definately recommend The Cliffs at Peace Canyon.

What a horrible resort!

by TripAdvisor Member HUGGS5683

This is the worst resort I have ever stayed at. We stayed in a two bedroom for one week. The first thing I noticed when I walked in the door was a FOUL ODOR. The living room furniture, bedding and garbage disposal smelled. The odor stayed with us for the entire trip. We sprayed disinfectant spray everyday to make the smell manageable, along with opening all the windows.

The living room furniture looked like they bought it at a second hand store. The kitchen stools and coffee table were falling apart. I was afraid to put anything on the table in fear of the table falling over. We alerted the front desk twice for this problem. Maintenance had to come twice. Front desk informed me that they are working on putting better tables in the livingroom.

The master bedroom was a small box with a double bed, not a queen size like the resort states. The bedroom closet is in the bathroom.

The Cliffs is located 20 minutes from the strip. No coffee, shampoo, lotion amenities. the unit has a dial up internet. The bathroom is normal size that you would find at a Motel 6. No whirlpool bathtub. The Washer slowly pours warm water instead of hot water. The Dryer takes longer to dry than a typical Dryer. Our unit had a view of a street in the middle of construction. Finally the pool is much too small.

Bottom line: Don't stay at the Cliff's until they renovate. Vegas has much better resorts than THE CLIFFS AT PEACE CANYON.

I was pleased.

by TripAdvisor Member RightOne00

I recently stayed here while attending a proffesional conference and for the most part I enjoyed my stay. The room was spacious, clean, and well equipped. There was plenty of room for our small baby in the pack'n'play that they provided. One large tv(and another in th ebedroom), a sectional couch that was a hideaway, washer/dryer with detergent, iron/board. Everything we needed. I will say that about half of the staff at the desk were unfriendly and short with me for no reason. The computers were usually "offline". Very nice heated pool with hot tub. About 20 minutes form the strip. 20 minutes from Redrocks Canyon. Bottom line is that I would recommend it and return, however, don't expect the "Vegas Treatment" by the front desk.

Great for business

by TripAdvisor Member milliefromphillie

I was recently here attending a conference held at the JW Marriot about 6 miles away. What a nice surprise - an immaculate 1 bedroom unit w/full kitchen . My unit seemed brand new with fairly high quality furnishings, tiled floors and a small balcony. As someone who has stayed in a zillion hotels over the years, places like this are my favorite because they feel more like home and are easier to both work in and relax than a cramped hotel room. Bring your own coffee and shampoo/conditioner (they do provide soap).

The Cliffs was close to my conference and near a wide choice of shopping plazas all along Fort Apache Rd nearby (Whole Foods, Barnes & Nobles, GAP, Banana Republic) as well as A Target, Sears and Mervyns literally next door.

For the purpose I was staying for, it was perfect. A caveat though - it is in a residential area far from the Strip. You would positively need a rental car and if you are coming to Vegas for the action of the Strip, this will not do it for you.

Excellent timeshare

Our family of 4 stayed at the Cliffs from March 18-24, 2006. We found the 1BRDM accomodations very comfortable, nicely furnished and spacious and no smell of cigarette smoke. The bed and pillows were so comfortable. Unit had fully stocked detergent/kitchen supplies and we used the outdoor BBQ grill once. Plenty of towels especially for use at the jacuzzi/pool and workout room. The location was 20 minutes from the strip, 20 minutes from Red Rock to go hiking and golfing. With a car we were able to drive to most locations. Their computer room was down for 3 days during our stay. We would stay here again in the future.

Not a haven for the Non-Smoker, allergy prone

On first glance, the resort/ room had everything we needed for our family of four - two bedrooms/bathrooms, TVs in every room (large screen in living room), typical time-share full kitchen, pool, internet access. An added bonus was the full sized washer and dryer. But... if you want to feel like you were living in an ashtray for the duration of your stay (maybe ok if you are a smoker, or do not have a sense of smell) you will enjoy your stay. Unfortunately, we took the "all non-smoking rooms policy" of the resort seriously and thought we would have a reprieve from the smoke that pervades Las Vegas. It was not the smell of just one person staying in the room before us, it was embedded in everything, including the air-conditioner. The management did send someone to change the filter in the room, but it didn't do anything. It was so very disappointing we couldn't wait to get home.

will never stay on strip again

by TripAdvisor Member Billster

My wife and I stayed in a two bedroom for five days, we had never stayed off strip before but after this experience we will definately return off strip again.
TRANSPORT to and from: shuttles run to the Bellagio from 10 am to midnight hourly, a return from the Bellagio from 1030 am to 1230 am hourly, on arrival we cabbed it from the airport to the resort (37USD), if you cab it to the Bellagio and grab the shuttle it will only cost you 13 USD cab fare and shuttle tip, you have to reserve shuttle space so call in advance to book it. You can also grab the shuttle to do grocery shopping and to the Freemont experience.
There is also a shuttle to the Suncoast casino which leaves 930 am and returns at 130 or 500 pm, we did not find this gaming establishment to our liking and would not recommend it, better to grab a cab and go to the redrock, much nicer establishment.
Area: 20 minute car ride without trafic( to strip aka Las Vegas Blvd) down Flamingo road, Plenty of restaurants, bars, shops and food, booze shopping within walking distance, or shuttle on those 100 plus days. We felt like we were in a tropical resort during the day while still being out doing shows and gaming at night.
ROOM: we had a two bedroom, 2 bathroom apt with queen size beds, being happily married and still young enough to get wild we used the master with the attached bathroom, huge walk in closet and safe (10 USD for the week), the second bathroom was nice when we took seperate quick turn around showers. The kitchen was fully equipped with gas stove, oven, microwave, fridge with icemaker, dishwasher, every countertop appliance you need, plenty of cooking pots and utencils, flatware, and cutlery, they even thought of large plastic poolside glasses for those tropical drinks ooh lala. There is a lunch counter with 3 stools, a dining table seating 6 and a large sectional couch seating 6 (sofabed pullout), There is a laundry room in the apt with full size washer dryer, iron and board (can anyone say carry on luggage only woohoo). The porch/ balcony has a table and two chairs and offers enough privacy to sip coffee in your boxers without showing off those extra pounds to the neighbor. All in all the rooms are a good size, very clean and well equipped, we did brekkie and lunch there and dined out for dinner. PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A NON SMOKING ESTABLISHMENT, smoking is permitted out of doors so kindly ask for ashtrays and smoke on your balconies NOT IN THE ROOMS, that is what we did, mmmmm caffine and nicotine in my boxers on the balcony ( plenty of our neighbors were doing the same.
FACILITIES: the facilities were clean and well maintained, the photo you see on the net is the lobby, no cathedral ceilings in the rooms, there is a small pool table adjacent to the reception, a game room with tv and a meeting room. The pool area was clean with plenty of chaises longues and tables and chairs, smoking permitted, but, please ask for an ashtray which they are more than happy to supply. The cross shaped hottub is large with good heat but below average jets, the pool (8 am to midnight) was similarly shaped but OMG it was WAYYYY too cold, I am Canadian and even I suffered major shrinkage, there is a sound system but you have to ask them to turn it on ( which we only figured out on our last day).
There is a nice size workout room with treads, steps, frees and universals. There is no restaurent on site or ice near the pool.
STAFF: very frindly and helpfull staff, shuttle drivers are great ( Hey Craig), all you have to do is ask.
MISC INFO: Best gamingfor us means a fighting chance and great atmosphere, Bellagio- lovely atmospere plenty of tables, pleasant dealers, piped musac, awesome buffet (30 USD p/p), older crowd (40 something like us),plenty of drinks, "O" , in our opinion 3rd best cirque de soleil we have ever seen ( and we have seen them all).
MGM- great tables, very friendly dealers, mixed crowd, very nice atmosphere, moderate drink replenishment, Rainforest cafe- huge portions dont even think about an appetizer unles you are planning to shlepp your entree in a doggie bag (cost 65 usd, 2 entrees, and 2 appetizers both barely half finished and left behind included is tip). "KA" by far the best cirque de soleil show. NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!! My jaw was open for the entire show, words cannot describe this total experience good for ages 10 and up.
NEW YORK NEW YORK- Fun Fun Fun. Set up like Brooklyne, all indoors, pedestrian mall and entrance to roller coaster (12.50 USD per ride) you have to look for a good table,great live bands all night, we had a blast although we only broke even (had to move twice), dealers not terribly helpfull unless you consider doubling on a 6 when the dealer shows a face good advice. Plentifull drinks, my glass was replaced without being finished or me asking all night (nor my wife). We ate at the Mexican restaurant, great food and Don Julio tequila to boot, shared a combo platter appetizer, taco platter, roasted pork, and 4 margaritas 85 USD with tip and plenty of left overs (yup we never learn). " Zumanity"- cabaret style show. Worse show ever, hated it, found it outdated by about 20 years, acrobatics were tired and old, there were some very funny comedy scenes but that is about it. The contortionist grossed me out, [------]and the We can party with the best of them but the only reason we didn't walk out was out of respect for the performers. If you want to see cirque see the other shows, if you want to see [----]sex go to a strip joint. This formula was a dismall failure in our opinion and a waste of 100 USD p/p.
ADVISE: many of the casinos are sistered so take the time to get a players card, we always get comped with free rooms, meals shows, etc. You do not need to play with mega k's to get freebees in vegas, just play reponsibly with what you are prepared to lose. If you follow that advise you will always leave Vegas with a smile and great memories.

Where can I find good deals for the Las Vegas resorts?

by deepav

Hi,

am I asking for too much?? During our forth coming LV trip (June 4-6) I would like to stay in the best possible ($$$$$$ !! is the prime concern) resort--I would like to stay in something which goes up 100$ per night - I am thinking these big casino resorts have as many as 4000 rooms in each hotel- I am sure the hotel would like to have the rooms occupied rahter than have vacant rooms..Are there are any deals to get a room in them for the not so rich people ???? Any tricks that you guys have come across to get bargain deals for top resorts?

Thanks a bunch
deepa

RE: Where can I find good deals for the Las Vegas resorts?

by clmetal

The trick is avoid the weekend. Unless you are a world famous gambler, they don't need you on the weekend becuase they get tons of people from places like LA.

you might get a little lucky in that you are staying a Sunday night, some places give you one weekend night at a decent rate in exchange for staying one one non-weekend night. But you will have little bargaining power going for a Saturday and Sunday night.

They also keep some hotel rooms open in case good betters call their contact and decide to head out to Vegas at the last minute. At this point in time, none of them are worried about being stuck with rooms on a Saturday night 3 weeks from now

RE: Where can I find good deals for the Las Vegas resorts?

by springbreak105

Top resorts in order:

1. Wynn
2. Belagio
3. Venetian

Best way to get a hotel for free, get a game card, and GAMBLE. You either need to gamble thousands or win a jackpot. At the end ask them to comp your room. You don't have to be a millionaire you just have to have "guts" to put $10,000-50,000 into the machines. lol My aunt is a prime example of this, throughout the year she gets invites from Belagio, MGM, Venetian to come visit. They provide room and board, 3 meals a day, 2 rooms and at the end she is able to talk them into comping practically everything.

Goodluck

RE: RE: Where can I find good deals for the Las Vegas resorts?

by jasmith52

If you are going to put $50k into a slot machine to get a free room, and the house take is 3 percent (average), Then that FREE room will end up costing you $1500.

That's a bad bet in anyones book.

Comments