Club de Soleil

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 3 reviews

Tags

Budget Travel Family Travel Casino and Gambling
See Amenities

homeless for a night in vegas

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 6, 2011

This 4 star hotel (they claimed) is not on the strip, it’s 3 miles off the strip, on the opposite side along the trailer park, a lot of prostitutes around the dark corner of the streets, offered their room for $50 on labor day, the receptionist don’t know what he’s doing, the manager is very lazy and don’t care at all to the hotel’s guests. Absolutely no customer service skills at all! It seems to me that “Club de soleil” is a failed project designed as a make believe luxurious (not convinced) vacation timeshare trying to convert into a hotel for cash flow, hiring cheap people with no knowledge in Hotel management. You can book this room why not, if you want to end up homeless and wandering around Las Vegas like what happened to us.
Check this out, we drove almost 5 hours each way from LA to Las Vegas with 18 mos. Old baby, when we got in the hotel around 5pm, they didn’t acknowledged our reservation, they said they don’t have our confirmation no. from booking.com (I think just trying to make an excuse) and cannot give us a room because they’re sold out. We waited for almost 4 hours to check us in, we waited for nothing, the manager don’t want to show up, she didn’t try to help us or give us a room for the sake of our baby. It’s hard to find a room on holiday within our budget range. We parked in the gas station and contacted BOOKING.COM where we booked this hotel and didn’t help us out too. They’re pointing finger and want to charge us more if we want to move to another hotel. We’re left wandering around Vegas around 9pm trying to get a room and decided to just deal with 5 hours drive back home @ 10pm, we got home at 2am. Nightmare!!!!!

Directions: 3 miles off the strip, along the trailer park

AVSENT's Profile Photo

Apartment or What?

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 29, 2011

I take people to Las Vegas now and then as a part of my Job. But, this property should almost not be in the hospitality business. At check-in the desk agent was very helpful and courteous, but it went downhill from there. This hotel has 2 parts and I had to go another half a block down Tropicana to get to other part. I asked at check-in where I could park the small passenger bus I was driving. I got there and parked where I was told, and on the way to my room I stopped the security guard to verify my parking situation. I was told I could not park there. This started a fiasco but, it got resolved. Then you have to use your key card to get through gates all around the property. I had to unlock no less than 3 gates to get from one side of the property to the other by going through the pool area (shortest way). The property looked and felt like an apartment complex (they do time shares here). It was a little run down but, atleast the room was clean. I really didn't like the small parking lot, elevators to far from the room, key would not work in one of the vending rooms, attitude of the security guard, the bagels and coffee for morning snack, the a/c barely would cool down the room in the daytime, the whirlpool tub could not be used because the stopper let out too, much water, and no restaurant. The only pros-they have a shuttle that can get you to the strip, the strip is close, and checkout was fast.

Unique Quality: Shuttle service, close to the strip, ice machine works, and room was clean.

Directions: Tropicana Blvd west of the strip and I-15.

Agraichen's Profile Photo

Off the Strip but convenient

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2009

Located a couple miles from The Strip on Flamingo, Club de Soleil is ideally situated to get away from the traffic and noise that goes with being on The Strip. I've stayed there thee times and always found it clean and easily accessible.

It has a pool and is close to a few restaurants and grocery stores.

Unique Quality: The suite concept is good for multiple families to be close yet have thier own rooms.

Directions: From the airport head toward the main part of The Strip, turn left on Flamingo and proceed a couple miles. The resort is on the left.

Nearby Club de Soleil

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Shuttle Service

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews