Club de Soleil

5625 West Tropicana Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• homeless for a night in vegas

This 4 star hotel (they claimed) is not on the strip, it’s 3 miles off the strip, on the opposite side along the trailer park, a lot of prostitutes around the dark corner of the streets, offered their room for $50 on labor day, the receptionist don’t know what he’s doing, the manager is very lazy and don’t care at all to the hotel’s guests. Absolutely no customer service skills at all! It seems to me that “Club de soleil” is a failed project designed as a make believe luxurious (not convinced) vacation timeshare trying to convert into a hotel for cash flow, hiring cheap people with no knowledge in Hotel management. You can book this room why not, if you want to end up homeless and wandering around Las Vegas like what happened to us.
    Check this out, we drove almost 5 hours each way from LA to Las Vegas with 18 mos. Old baby, when we got in the hotel around 5pm, they didn’t acknowledged our reservation, they said they don’t have our confirmation no. from booking.com (I think just trying to make an excuse) and cannot give us a room because they’re sold out. We waited for almost 4 hours to check us in, we waited for nothing, the manager don’t want to show up, she didn’t try to help us or give us a room for the sake of our baby. It’s hard to find a room on holiday within our budget range. We parked in the gas station and contacted BOOKING.COM where we booked this hotel and didn’t help us out too. They’re pointing finger and want to charge us more if we want to move to another hotel. We’re left wandering around Vegas around 9pm trying to get a room and decided to just deal with 5 hours drive back home @ 10pm, we got home at 2am. Nightmare!!!!!

Directions: 3 miles off the strip, along the trailer park

• AVSENT's Profile Photo

Apartment or What?

I take people to Las Vegas now and then as a part of my Job. But, this property should almost not be in the hospitality business. At check-in the desk agent was very helpful and courteous, but it went downhill from there. This hotel has 2 parts and I had to go another half a block down Tropicana to get to other part. I asked at check-in where I could park the small passenger bus I was driving. I got there and parked where I was told, and on the way to my room I stopped the security guard to verify my parking situation. I was told I could not park there. This started a fiasco but, it got resolved. Then you have to use your key card to get through gates all around the property. I had to unlock no less than 3 gates to get from one side of the property to the other by going through the pool area (shortest way). The property looked and felt like an apartment complex (they do time shares here). It was a little run down but, atleast the room was clean. I really didn't like the small parking lot, elevators to far from the room, key would not work in one of the vending rooms, attitude of the security guard, the bagels and coffee for morning snack, the a/c barely would cool down the room in the daytime, the whirlpool tub could not be used because the stopper let out too, much water, and no restaurant. The only pros-they have a shuttle that can get you to the strip, the strip is close, and checkout was fast.

Unique Quality: Shuttle service, close to the strip, ice machine works, and room was clean.

Directions: Tropicana Blvd west of the strip and I-15.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Off the Strip but convenient

Located a couple miles from The Strip on Flamingo, Club de Soleil is ideally situated to get away from the traffic and noise that goes with being on The Strip. I've stayed there thee times and always found it clean and easily accessible.

It has a pool and is close to a few restaurants and grocery stores.

Unique Quality: The suite concept is good for multiple families to be close yet have thier own rooms.

Directions: From the airport head toward the main part of The Strip, turn left on Flamingo and proceed a couple miles. The resort is on the left.

More about Club de Soleil

Club de Soleil... only way to stay in Vegas! You'll love it!!!!!

We stayed at Club de Soleil on Tropicana in Las Vegas. We had the two bedroom suite and were accompanied by our son and daughter-in-law. We enjoyed having separate entrances and a common living area and full kitchen. The suites were roomy and the second suite had a kitchenette. We had a washer/dryer and came home with clean clothes. Covered parking was a few steps away as was the pool. The Orleans Casino was right down the street so we could do some late night gambling without venturing too far from the room. There were numerous services nearby such as grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations, restaurants. We had a ball and highly recommend Club de Soleil. The staff was very accommodating and went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. This is THE place to stay.

Bonus!

by TripAdvisor Member PatTChilliwack

Six of us just returned home from a week in Las Vegas at Club de Soleil. If you are looking for a top notch place to stay with great services, this is it! Free shuttle bus daily to the grocery store for those who like to eat in their suite; free shuttle on the hour to the strip, returning on the half hour; 3 free breakfasts (waffles 2 days; bagels another)coffee and tea every morning; wine & cheese one day; bbq one day; for $2 a person, 3½ hour guided trip to Red Rock Canyon; 3 hour trip one evening to Freemont Street Experience. Nice pool, spa and exercise room. Highly recommend Club de Soleil to everyone who wants a long stay but not in a hotel room setting.

Great accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member Cainy

We have recently got back to the UK and I felt I must write a review to say what a terrific time my wife and I had at Club de Soleil (1). We couldnt have asked for more from our 1 bedroom apartment, it was clean, quiet and had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. The pool was small and we were surprised there was no bar, but this turned out to be no problem at all. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the free hourly shuttle to the strip was marvelous. We had a chance to compare our timeshare appartment with a nights stay at Circus Circus to complete our holiday. All we can say, is that it made us appreciate our Timeshare even more, as the hotel was extremely busy, noisy and the pool was overflowing with no space to swim.
Thank you Club de Solail for making our fist trip to Las Vegas a fantastic memorable experience.

Wonderful Resort, please disregard the naysayers below

A friend and I just returned from an amazing vacation in Vegas, staying in Club de Soleil timeshare we purchased off Ebay. The resort was gorgeous, we stayed in Club 2 - the 2 bedroom units - and I couldn't have been more pleased. All the comforts of home and then some.

The shuttle system was excellent, and NEVER was the driver not on time. I don't know about driver's falling asleep at the wheel, but you definitely have to be on time - or they'll leave with out you.

Another great thing was that the staff was not at all interested in us because they knew we were not there to buy a time share. That way, we were not constantly harrassed to purchase a time share as many other people were. However, since we were not there to buy a time share, the staff was very unfriendly towards us.

The location of Club de Soleil was great for us. There is a bar called "Magoos" right next door and they are open 24 hours and also have table top video poker. We met some very friend locals there that made a phone call and got us on the guest list to the House of Blues Foundation Room @ Mandalay Bay - which I also highly recomend, if not only for the view - the club was sick.

24 hour pool and hot tub was also key.

Only negative, if you're looking to meet people at the club - it's mostly married couples and elderly. But you can always meet people on the strip, bring them back and impress.

oh and word of the wise: if you want to get to "the RIO" or "the Palms", take the Soleil shuttle to "the Orleans" and the Orleans shuttle will take you to those two casinos.

Soliel shuttle goes to New York New York, the Orleans, Mirage, and the Riviera.

That's all from me, AMAZING PLACE - Vegas and Soliel.

Great time - Inspite of the cool weather

The resort is a very nice and spacious and only a short drive to the strip. Its a nice quiet resort. If you want to be where the action is this is not the place for you. My family and friends welcomed the time away from the fussiness of the strip. It was very cool and windy during the end of March so we didn't get to go into pool.

Definately take the Showtime tour to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam.
See some of the show at the Flamingo hotel too. Gladys Knight and George Wallace was excellent. You can also get discount tickets the same night of the show at an outside vendor by the Riviera Hotel. The list the tickets that are available the same night of the performance. Visit the restaraurants in the Eiffel Tower. We enjoyed the casino in the Flamingo and Caesar Palace but stayed away from the Rio casiono (got lost in there for a half hour).

I wouldn't recommend the buffets because the lines and waits are too long so poor to mediocre food. Its better to have a nice sit down meal.

I definately would go back to Vegas and stay at the Club de Soleil.. there is so much to see and do that you can't do it in one trip.

Very nice resort

My boyfriend and I just returned from Club De Soleil 2 days ago. Overall this is a very nice resort and we would stay there again, no questions asked. The pool, mini golf course and excercise room were all available to guests 24 hours, which was great because when my boyfriend and I returned from the strip we found it very refreshing to take a swim to get away from the heat! We even excercised a little in the eary mornings. The location of the resort was very convienient as well (even though we did rent a car). There were places to eat, 7-11's and different stores to purchase a few simple things just in case you didn't want to eat out, all within a short drive away. The only thing that kinda got us upset was that the rooms are only cleaned once a week and if by some chance you miss the day of the week your room is scheduled for cleaning you have to be squeezed in on another day. Luckily, the manager that was on the day I was told I missed my chance and had to reschedule, had that problem immediately solved and I had my room fully cleaned 15 mins later! Basically this resort is at the top of my list of a few places I absolutely would not have a problem staying at again. Well worth it!

Nothing to Brag About

by TripAdvisor Member esm4877

A group of friends and myself just returned from Club de Soleil in Las Vegas and were dissappointed with the place. We had a 2 bedroom unit with the door connecting the rooms. We were scheduled to have our rooms from Friday to the following Friday. They had asked us to call to let them know when we would be arriving. We called in advance to let them know that our flight landed early Saturday morning and we would be there shortly after that. When we arrived Saturday morning, they said that check in time was 4:00pm and we should return then. We had just driven 4 hours to the airport and flown all night to be told to come back in 6 hours. Needless to say, I was not impressed and told them that that was unacceptable since our reservation was actually for the day before. It took some time but they finally managed to find a room to put us into, but it was only the small half to the 2-bedroom. We were told that the large side wasn't finished being cleaned yet, but it would be done by 4:00pm and we would have access to it then. It was closer to 5:00pm before we were able to get into it.

The second irritation we had the first day there involved the internet. We needed to rent a car, but the rates available through Club de Soleil were more that if we had booked at the airport! So we discovered that if you reserve online first and go pick up the car after, you get a deeply-discounted rate. We needed to book on the internet. They have internet access in their lobby that is a dollar per 10 minutes. We tried to reserve repeatedly, but the computer kept freezing. The 10-minute countdown didn't, however. So time ran out, and we put a second dollar in. We continued to try to navigate the reservation to no avail. Finally, we asked for some help. They offered no help except to tell us that the computer didn't work. They did give us our money back. We explained that we needed to use the internet for all of 5 minutes, but they wouldn't let us use theirs... they suggested we walk down the road to their sister resort, the Tahiti to use their (pay) internet.

We really enjoyed having the free shuttle to the strip. It is supposed to leave on the hour. It actually left anytime between 5 minutes to the hour (the day we missed it) to 15 minutes after the hour (the day the driver was sleeping in the driver's seat). The location isn't too far off the strip, but far enough that you need the shuttle or a car rental. It is on Tropicana, which is a busy, noisy road. Please note if you are cabbing... our cab driver from the airport took the long way around to drop us off resulting in a $24 cab ride as opposed to the $12 cab ride back to the airport. If you cab, tell the driver to stay OFF the highway, it is unecessary.

The rooms themselves are nice. The beds are quite comfortable. They have nice pool towels but small, scratchy bathroom towels. The pool was open 24-hours which was great.

We were not bothered about timeshares as most people that submitted a review were, but when my boyfriend was cornered and they found out he wasn't married, they lost all interest in him and us.

I would definetly NOT stay here again. Too many hassles on a holiday for me.

Very disappointed!

by TripAdvisor Member meggiemae

We traded our beautiful timeshare that we have in Colorado (2 bedrooms/3 baths) for a 1 bedroom 1 bath basic, ugly unit here. We were so disappointed, first they gave us a unit overlooking the dumpster and carport. Also, it was supposed to be a non-smoking unit - it stunk with smoke - set in on drapes, etc. We asked to be switched to another unit and the clerk said we would have to wait until tomorrow. We asked to speak to a manager and she was able to find another unit for us on the 3rd floor - slightly better view and it didn't smell.

However, the only good thing we could find out this Club was their excellent shuttle system. Otherwise it is very basic, thin worn out towels, linens, etc. Also, everytime you pass the front desk (during the day) you are asked if you went to your timeshare presentation, when are you going, etc. We didn't go to Vegas to go to presentations!!! We finally decided that we were not really enjoying Las Vegas by being away from The Strip. We checked out early and went to the new Wynn Las Vegas and finally had a beautiful room with a fantastic view - lush towels, amenities in the bathroom, etc - what a treat and wonderful end to our vacation. I would never return to Club de Soleil again.

Bring earplugs

by TripAdvisor Member nantizle

We stayed here because there were no other timeshares available. We had to trade down from a 2 bedroom to a studio even though they had larger rooms when we got there.

I asked not to get the room adjacent the office. They chuckled.
Well, the room we were asigned was located next to a couple that enjoyed watching TV all day & night (get a life!). So the next day we were moved next to an empty room. ... until a guy moved in who was on the phone all day starting at 8am. Drowned him out with our TV.

As we headed to our first room after check-in an old guy started with the sales pitch. He wanted to know if we were seeing any shows while in town. I said we had our tickets and were tired and wanted to move in. He then turns to my wife and asks her the same question in a manner which I thought was rude. From then on we just ignored him whenever he tried to talk to us. Worked great.

Best option hotel or home rental for 10 women?

by jolormat

In March, 10 girlfriends, from high school 40+ years ago - are planning a trip to Vegas. I've looked at vacation home rentals online, but in order to have 10 separate beds, (a requirement) the house has to sleep many more than 10 since most have king and queen beds for 2 (occasionally a few twins thrown in.)Then the house is SO big, it becomes really costly and we're not even on the strip. We could possibly get 5 rooms on the strip for less. We need a gathering spot (to have
morning coffee before headed out and a place to drink and laugh when we get in at night.) Any suggestions of something different to try or rental websites would be appreciated. Thanks, Jo

by Agraichen

Check the Las Vegas "tourist pages" for deals. It may be difficult to get something that far off, but it's worth checking. There's a timeshare "hotel" on Flamingo that may have what you're looking for. It's called Club de Soleil at the corner of Lindell and Flamingo.

by nomad7890

I would look into something like the Residence Inn - they're like little apartments. Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center 3225 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89109 USA

They have have different types of rooms - like a bi-level suite which sleeps 6 people. Try their link

Then play with the room and number of people. I tried 3 rooms with 4 people each - it came out to $116 for one of the bi-levels. So you could check and adjust.

I have not stayed at that particular property, but I've stayed at Residence Inns before. It's nice because they do have a little "living room" and you can bring in food and eat if you'd like. Have to walk a couple of blocks to the strip (map the address) - but it sounds pretty good for your purpose.

by nomad7890

these are not real fancy, but they're usually reliable properties, and normally have the free breakfast.

by jumpingwithnorman

Hi. Courtside at Marriott has suites. Here's their website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lascy-courtyard-las-vegas-south/
You could probably get away with renting maybe 5 rooms or if the units have a pull-out sofa, then maybe less rooms.
I remember my mom & her girlfriends stayed here and it was great cause it wasn't smoky like a casino but private enough for them to bond. They even had a free shuttle to some casinos.
Marriott's Residence Inn is also good but they do have a little kitchenette in each unit.
It doesn't make sense to rent a house as the houses are usually towards Henderson and that's a bit of a drive from the strip.
Have fun planning your trip.

Comments