Courtyard By Marriott Las Vegas South

5845 Dean Martin Drive, 5845 Industrial Road, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89118, United States
Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas South

Semi-cool peopleSemi-cool people

The Strip to the NorthThe Strip to the North

Vegas in Feb end

Hi All!

I will be travelling from the east coast to Vegas and arriving at 12.30 am. I will be there on 26th, 27th and 28th Feb and have the Grand Canyon Park and the Hoover Dam on my agenda apart from the Strip. Since I am arriving at such an odd hour, I would like to ask if there are any hotels which have 24 hrs check-in service?

Also how much time does the Grand Canyon Park takes? I mean is it feasible to do it in one day's time?

Thanks!

TT!

by ter1413

In Vegas? Every hotel has 24/7 check in service!

by travellingtechie

It probably does not mean that if I arrive at 26th 12.30 am then I need to book from 26th onwards only and not for 25th? Or does it??

by bocmaxima

In Vegas?? If they didn't have a 24-hour front desk, they would lose a lot of business.

If your flight arrives on February 26th at 12:30am (as in you leave on the 25th), then you need to book the room for the 25th onward.

by travellingtechie

thanks!!! that clarified things a lot!

by PinkFloydActuary

Wouldn't hurt to give the hotel a heads up about your late arrival - many will hold it until say 6:00 am the next morning before charging you the one night stay and then freeing up your room - I listened to this sort of drama unfold next to me one time I was checking out!

by painterdave

Don't worry. Las Vegas never sleeps.

by goodfish

Hi Ashish -
Your challenge with Grand Canyon National Park is the length of the drive (5-6 hours each way, depending on road conditions), the amount of daylight this time of year, and weather conditions. As you know, this particular winter has been anything but normal and snow/ice storms have been common all over the US. It's possible that one of these could make that drive a long and painful process.

Can you see the park in a day? Some folks come for an hour, take pictures and leave but I always recommend an overnight as hiking some of the trails and seeing the sun rise/set is part of the experience. That said, I would really book a hotel there if possible. Otherwise, leave very early in the morning, so you can maximize daylight hours, and check weather/road conditions before getting in the car. Here's a link to current weather/road conditions within the park (click "Grand Canyon Village South Rim"):

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

“THE CITY OF SIN”

by listenandlearn

We don't do much gambling, we love going to the shows as it has it's most spectacular shows one can see. Yes, it can be a bit draining to your budget but again it's not like an everyday entertainment so we find it all worth going to Las Vegas. The weather, all year round is normally on the extreme weather. Summer is extremely hot, which makes you feel your inside the biggest oven in the world, and when winter comes it normally does not snow (except for last year which was 2008, Las Vegas came up with snow! The world was astound to learn that Las Vegas snow. Otherwise, during winter Las Vegas is windy and reasonable for everyone to walk around with a pretty good thick jacket.
The hotels we had stayed in were always quite fancy and spectacular views as we were fortunate to be assigned to one of the highest floors of the hotel. Services in Las Vegas we always experience it to be very much to everyone's satisfactory...but as they say, what goes on in Las Vegas, stays in LAS VEGAS! The word LAS VEGAS in Spanish it can mean “The or Those Meadows”. One is able to consider Las Vegas the international renowned resort for gambling, fine dining, entertainment and of-course shopping. Many would agree that these little city happens to be the world’s most entertaining place...well of-course there are few more however, when Las Vegas entertains it is taken seriously.
Since the year 2007 we understand that just in the metropolitan area was 1,836,333 to be exact...so by this date this would have been added then.
The “strip” as everyone calls it, is about 3.8 miles (according to our GPS). Majority of the well known hotels and casino as well as the resorts as we call it you will find them in the “strip” of Las Vegas.
Please let’s not ignore one of the most important beauty...it is the most dramatic architecture of Las Vegas, one architecture would be more beautiful than the one built a year or two years ago, there is always a new hotel or resort that has just been completed with more exotic architect.

Wonderful Times with Friends

by skib

My favorite thing about Las Vegas? There are so many things! I love being on vacation with no obligations. I especially loved Vegas because of the care free attitude. I spent the time with my boyfriend and wonderful friends. We spent the days basking in the sun (we came from 30 degree weather in MN) and eating great food, we spent the evenings exploring all of the casinos and their attractions, and the nights partying. It was Las Vegas! There is something wonderful about walking down the street with a bottle of beer and watching cheezy magic shows. One night we decided to spend a "fun night" together. We met at the Luxor and played nickel slots and had a few cocktails. Then we went to the crummy San Remo hotel for a horrible steak dinner, but the service and company was wonderful and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. We then went on the roller coaster at NYNY and then to Studio 64. I don't know if any of the activities we did were all that fun, but we were all in a great mood and had absolutely care free attitudes. It was a perfect night!

The Bellagio fountains at...

by Tracy990

The Bellagio fountains at night or the Venetian Hotel. Meeting people from all over the world, leaving a blackjack table on a winning streak, wearing my slinkiest, or most casual, clothes and fitting right in, lights, lights and more lights.

forget the remote

by richiecdisc

The toughest thing about not having a room for so long was getting out of the room once we got in there. Showers without sandals, walking around barefoot, laying in bed with the remote in hand: these were simple pleasures that you can only truly appreciate after not having them for some time. The funny thing is, we don't even watch TV when home but now it seemed like the greatest invention of all time.

But there was a great big city out there to see and luckily we had arranged to meet a good VT friend at the Vegas version of the famed Hofbrau Haus. My wife is German, I love German food and beer, and coincidentally we had met this very person at the real one in Munich a few years earlier. Perfect comes to mind. After a few big beers, some equally big meals, and some excited talk about the National Parks that the three of us love, it was time for Ernst to head back to California. He had been in the southwest for a shorter trip showing his parents around but he had to get back to work.

We walked around town on our own for maybe 45 minutes but as nice as it all looked, we knew where we wanted to be: back in that motel room, in that bed. The remote? We weren't figuring to need that. It had been 60 long nights without a room and watching TV was just not part of our plan.

Do the Vegas Strip Marathon

by UncleJeff

With Comfortable Shoes and whatever else you need, walk as much as the strip (not in the heat) as you can.. it is better (and more risky) at night, stay on the sidewalk.. do not accept flyers and feel free to drink as you go..

Comments