Embassy Suites Las Vegas Airport

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Embassy Suites McCarran Airport

There's generally no reason to stay at an airport hotel unless you're coming in late or going early, so I'll begin by saying that I wouldn't recommend this unless your travel plans fall into one of those categories. But since mine did, I found myself here.

Its a comfortable, standard chain hotel, but a little on the pricey side. The free breakfast is a nice perk, but not having an airport shuttle is definitely a negative.

More about Embassy Suites Las Vegas Airport

Business Traveler Bargain

by TripAdvisor Member gburketek

I spend a lot of time staying at various Embassy Suites hotels across the U.S. and can say that this hotel holds its own as a quality stay even though it is located away from the strip and in the flight path of landing planes at McCarren Airport.
Nothing new to say about the stay here except that it is a typical Embassy Suites inside. The hotel is a little older than most in the chain but holds its age decent. The furnishings and quality of the room were good. Breakfast was great every day and I enjoyed the accomodations for a training classs I attended at the hotel.
The only issue I encountered was a problem with Internet access following check in. Fortunately for me, I was moved to a room that had working access and was online within 2 hours of my arrival.

Great hideaway from the non-stop life of the Strip

by TripAdvisor Member Magpie_Rob

First stop on the family roadtrip, and a 2 night stay to acclimatise before heading off to the Canyon.

Great hotel; good-enough suite for 5 of us, brilliant pool, decent food, and (just about) a walk away from the Strip. Okay, so in that heat, we should have taken the free shuttle !!

Would highly recommned it for those not into gambling or using Vegas as a staging post for a trip into Utah or Arizona

Too Close for Comfort

by TripAdvisor Member Mom2Boys

Just returned from Las Vegas where we stayed at the Embassy Suites for 2 nights...a treat for our 2 boys after a long Southwest vacation. We've always enjoyed staying at Embassy Suites. We usually don't splurge, but once in a while, it's worth spending more and we felt this was the perfect treat after having been in many hotels during the vacation.

Everything about this property was fine, except for the location...right in the flight path of the incoming airplanes. Normally, I love watching airplanes...honestly, I'd love to work for an airline. However, these airplanes were literally coming in directly above the building. My husband assured me that they were at least 50 feet above the building...I wasn't so sure. This was way too close for comfort. It wasn't even the noise that bothered me, although that was loud...I really was concerned that a plane would be strafing the hotel.

Beautiful hotel, wonderful service, close to the strip & at a much lower price!

by TripAdvisor Member FirstTimeInLasVegas

We loved this hotel and will stay here again if we ever return to Vegas!

We booked our stay at this hotel directly through the Embassy Suites website for the same rate as all the 'discount' websites, plus we got a free large pizza, 4 free drinks, free breakfast daily, AND free alcoholic beverages between 5 and 7 each night (my husband took full advantage of this, but I am pregnant and stuck to the free sprite and water!) ;)

This hotel is outstanding! It is within minutes of the strip (but would be quite a long distance to walk, so they offer a complimentary shuttle to The Aladdin hotel on the strip each hour, and by the way, the shuttle driver was an incredible friendly retired gentlemen who gave us some wonderful tips, as we were first-time visitors of Vegas)!

The service at the hotel was exceptional, we were there 4 days and saw the same woman and young man working each time, and every time they were very friendly; always greeting us with a smile and were quick to help and answer questions! The restaurant staff was also very nice and were quick to clear the tables after we finished breakfast each morning. My husband did have a small issue with the girl who worked in the hotel store-he handed her a $20 and she seemed irritated and asked if he had anything smaller, he apologized and said "no" and she made some comment about him wiping out her cash drawer-we found it amusing considering it was Vegas and the majority of people were carrying around $100's and she was upset about a measely $20 bill.

The room itself was very clean and spacious. We took advantage of the free in-room internet. The maid service was great and we always returned to a clean room with a perfectly made bed and fresh towels. Personally, my only complaint (and this is a small one) is that the bathtub is extremely, extremely slippery (no big deal because we are in our mid-20's and good shape, except that I am pregnant, and a fall could have resulted in a trip to the hospital for me and could have changed the course of our vacation drastically).

While on our honeymoon we stayed in various hotels (including Marriott's and Hilton's) and although this hotel wasn't as luxurious as some of those we stayed in, the service and the "extras" at this hotel (free breakfast, free drinks from 5-7, etc) were by far the best!! We would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who wants the fun atmosphere of Vegas without paying the absurdely high prices of staying at the hotels on the strip. (Oh, and the Hard Rock Hotel, Casino, and Restaurant are right across the street if you want to hang out near the hotel without going down to the strip).

Lastly, I wanted to reply to the previous review in regard to the airplanes flying over-head...the name of the hotel is the EMBASSY SUITES HOTEL-AIRPORT...not quite sure what that lady expected? We did not find that the airplanes were loud at all, I am a light sleeper and I was never woken-up by them. To be quite honest, motorcycles can be louder than the planes were!

Great food, drinks and value for off-strip suite hotel

by TripAdvisor Member CJ_Atlanta

This is the Embassy Suites on Swenson Road (back parking is across the street on Paradise from the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino). If you have a rental car, this is a great location. Cabs are a little hassle in Vegas and can be expensive if you come and go.
The free drinks for guests start at 5:30 and full breakfast in the morning make this a great value. Suite rooms are fully decked out. If you are a business traveller in Vegas, this is a great place away from the noise of a Casino hotel.

Highly recommended quiet hotel

by TripAdvisor Member goldcardluke

I stayed here with 2 friends from 28th December for 5 nights. The suite was a comfortable size for the three of us. We had 2 double beds and a sofabed. What I liked best was the quiet aptmosphere of the hotel, even over the busy New Year. To stay in a non-gaming hotel like this is quite a relief after a day on the strip. There is a shuttle to the strip, but we used taxi's the whole time, which the front desk will call for you - or you can walk the 5 minutes to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino where they come by often. A taxi to the strip was usually about £6. The hotel lobby is pleasant and we took advantage of the free drinks and snacks at the bar each evening from 5-7pm. The complimentary breakfast was good - I enjoyed the yogurt, toast, fruit and donuts. The breakfast area amoung the palm trees was pleasant, but you could take food back to your room if you wanted. This hotel is ideal if there are 3 of you - it is hard to find any hotel on the strip that can accomodate you. We also stayed at Harrah's on the strip which was fine, but the room at the Embassy Suites was superior. There are some shops close by the Embassy Suites, including a CVS chemist which stocks most things you might need. You are also only a mile away from TJ Maxx and Target - which are good for bargain shopping. We had a laptop computer with us so we were able to make use of the free internet in the room. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the swans Elvis & Priscilla are a nice touch!

Embassy Suites was Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member RAY23139

We stayed here 4 nights, and we were very impressed with this hotel!! We didnt hear a single plane during our stay, so the airport being nearby didnt matter. The staff was always friendly and went out of the way if you needed anything!! As always the breakfast was awesome!! The kitchen staff was humerous and paid attention to detail. We stay at Embassy Suites on a regular basis , and this one met our every expectation!! We highly reccomend this location if you want to be close to the Vegas action, but stay where its quiet at the end of your day. We will return to this location on our next stay in Vegas.

Embassy on Swenson a four star stay

by TripAdvisor Member lowgere

My wife and I have a timeshare at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Vegas Strip, and we are also Hilton Honors members. Just want to you to know up front whether we have a "dog in this fight"! We hadn't the opportunity to stay at an Embassy Suite, and we were very pleasantly surprised by this property. We had one glitch during our stay, they missed a return shuttle from the Aladdin, but the front desk comped us a cab ride back, so we were very pleased by that swift make up call. The breakfast is hearty, plentiful, and cooked with a positive morning gusto! The hotel atrium, which the hotel rooms face inward to, is peaceful, quiet, and a welcomed sight after the "hustle" of the Strip. Excellent place for a family or business traveler who wants to avoid casinos. And for me, a perfect oasis for a trip with golfing buddies... hmmm May need to discuss that with the better half!

Happy trails

Great Off Strip Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member snoopy78

I've stayed at Embassy Suites in New York, a few times and this one is equally good.

There's a complimentary breakfast, cooked to order, although the queue can be quite long, so we stuck to the buffet.

There's 2 hours of complimentary drinks in the evening and you were able to take the drinks to your room. There's also free coffee throughout the day.

As with all Embassy Suites hotels, the rooms are very big, with bedroom, living room and kitchen area and two televisions. They are also clean and comfortable, although the sofa bed was a little lumpy. We chose this hotel because it was one of the few, in Vegas, that had 3 beds (2 double bed in the bedroom and 1 double sofa bed in the living room).

There's a free gym and free in room internet access, if you bring a laptop.

It's off the strip, which can be good or bad. It's nice to get away from it all, but if you're going to be partying on the strip every night, you might be better off staying there.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The only down side is that the free strip shuttle bus only runs once an hour, so we ended up getting a taxi most of the time ($6-10).

I would definitely recommend this hotel for families and people wanting 3 separate beds, like a group of 3 adult friends.

Comments