9145 South Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89123, United States

Satisfaction Poor

More about Emerald Suites

Don't believe the website

by TripAdvisor Member QueenieWashington_DC

We stayed here because we couldn't get a reservation anywhere else. Yes, there apparently were bugs, because they announced that they "were spraying for bugs". Rooms were very drabby. The furniture was stained and I didn't want to sit on it. No tv in the bedroom. Fortunately, the kitchen and bath area were fairly clean. The pool looks big on the web site, but is actually small. There was also a discrepancy between the price quoted to us on the phone and what they tried to charge us. The shuttle to the strip was a plus if you caught it at the right time.

never again

WE spent one night at the start of our vacation. Room smelled of smoke so bad it was hard to fall asleep. We had booked two rooms and asked for non smoking. We were given third floor rooms and had to drag the luggage up the stairs. Another man in the lobby was promissed a handicapped room and was told all that was available was the third floor. The place was budget at best. TV had no cable. When called they said they would bring one, they never did. We were just disappointed all round. Would NEVER stay here again.

A Good Value If Not Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member orchidgirl

I was in Vegas celebrating my younger brother's 21st birthday with a bunch of my cousins. For a 2 bedroom suite w/ four full sized beds and a love seat in the separate living room, we comfortably accomodated 5 people and on one evening 7! We were in Vegas to party and needed a clean place to get some sleep and take a shower. The hotel shows slight wear and tear, but the value was very good at 130 per night (Fri and Sat). There are spacious walk in closets in each bedroom that we used as changing rooms as there was only one bathroom. I booked the basic quad (2 room 4 beds) but there is a more sophisticated upgraded room available w/ better tvs and such. The pool was lovely, but the chairs need replacing.

The place could use some updating and a little more attention to detail in the kitchen wouldn't hurt (the paring knife was dirty). However, all the glasses were clean as was the fridge and that was all we needed (for our liquor and lots of bottled water):) On the whole, the suite was fairly large and clean. There is an updated self serve and large laundry room. Too bad there are no elevators. It reminded me of some college dorm suites/apartments.

Important: It is not close to the main Strip. You will need to take a cab, bus, something. We rented a mini-van and split the cost and had a party bus of sorts.

It is not a place for a romantic getaway but I would reccomend it if you are traveling in a group and are budget minded.

The reservation staff was excellent but a few members of the front desk were not up to par. At 7:30am I called for and got a late check out for 1pm. Check out was generally at 11. I felt harassed by someone on the phone who unprofessionallyasked without introduction "are you checking out?" She used a terse, ghettoish tone that peeved me especially since I had already called.

It serves it's purpose as a place to crash with your buddies after a long night on the town.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member AussieTravellingKgc

My wife and I have travelled extensively and were extremely disappointed with what we discovered on our arrival. The first thing was that the hotel was not on the strip. The information contained on the website - both the site I booked the accomodation and the hotel site indicate that hotel is on the strip. I quote in the section titled "What to Expect" it states the hotel is on the strip. I did notice in another section that it says south of the strip. Howeverwhen the taxi from the airport turned away from the strip we knew we were not going to be near the strip.
After booking in and going to our room - a non smoking room we found that the room smelt of smoke. This seems to be a common complaint with this hotel.
We went on to discover that there is no kettle to boil water for those who drink tea, no wine glasses for those who like to drink wine and and no ice cube tray in the freezer for those who prefer ice with their drinks.
We have never arrived in a hotel that does not provide any written information about the hotel, it's services, nearby services etc. I was amazed as this was our first visit to America and we were a little lacking in local information.
When my wife decided to do some washing in the laundry we found that there was no vending machine for laundry powder when she asked in reception she was told that there was laundry powder in the laundry She tried the shop next to the hotel and they did not have any. She eventually bought some from another guest.
On our first night in town we decided to go into the strip. The management told us that buses pas the hotel every 15 minutes, the first bus came about 45 minutes later and instead of taking us to the strip dropped us at the bus terminal and told us to catch another bus to the strip.
The next night we decided to catch a taxi to the strip. The hotel rang a taxi for us and due to the fact that we were south of the strip we were told it would be about 35 minutes.
The next day we were going on a tour departing at 7am from the strip and when we asked the hotel to book a taxi for the next morning and were told taxi's do not take bookings. This concerned us due to our experience getting to the strip earlier that night and the fact that we had to be at the airport the following day at 6am. Interestingly the website says that they have a shuttle service to the airport. Another non existent service from the hotel.
Considering that service is the key to a successful business the Emerald Suites have a lot to learn about providing information and services to their customers.
The only positive that I can give this hotel is that the rooms do come up t0 expectations - except for the non smoking policy.

All we can say is that they need to lift their game and provide service and accurate information for their guests.

Dissappointed Aussies

I am supposed to fix your toilet for 200/night?

by TripAdvisor Member markol0

We stayed at this hotel over New Year's eve. It was a last minute trip, and the only place available for less than 500/night. It was 200 for a suite that we shared between 4 people. I understand that it's NY eve in Vegas, all places are booked, so they charge an arm and a leg. Price is not an issue.

What is an issue is that 30 minutes after we checked in (2pm) the toilet overflowed. I did emergency handling of the situation by shutting off the water to the toilet and called the front desk to send some one over to clean up the mess, etc. The front desk guy told me to come down to the lobby, get a plunger and some towels. To add insult to injury, I was supposed to bring the plunger back immediately when i was done. I asked them if he was serious, to which he said the same thing again. So here I am, paying 200/night and having to fix the toilet myself. The only consolation I had was leaving a pile of wet paper towels as evenly spread around the carpet as I could get them.

Never staying in this hell hole again.

Comments