Encore At Wynn Las Vegas

See Popular Hotels

Tags

Luxury Travel Food and Dining Casino and Gambling
See Amenities

Bed bugs, filthy, family unfriendly

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 15, 2011

My husband and I went to Las Vegas this week for a medical conference. Our twin 16-month-old boys, my mother and sister accompanied us. We booked two adjoining panoramic king suites and requested two cribs and two high chairs. They were not ready for us when we went up to the room, and the lady from housekeeping was nasty and said it was our fault that we didn't make sure the room had those before we came up. When the cribs and high chairs came, they were filthy. We needed a place to let our boys sleep and had to scrub the cribs clean with baby wipes as best we could. We sent the high chairs back and asked for a clean pair. The high chairs that came were filthy as well. They also told us that my diabetic mother would have to pay $25 a day for a fridge for her insulin. We spoke to the housekeeping manager and hoped that would be the end of it. For our ordeal, the hotel manager told us he had comped four buffets to our reservation. More on that later.

It was after our second night there that we discovered that my mother and sister's room had bed bugs. The hotel manager Anders Tystad initially denied it and then brought up a bed bug sniffing dog that resides at Wynn/ Encore full time. They would not let us stay in our rooms while the dog did the sniffing. We were then told that my mother's suitcase in her room was specifically targeted by the dog. Interestingly, the dog's caretaker, the person who directly witnessed the whole bed bug sniffing process in our rooms said that the dog identified the entire closet area as a hot spot, not my mother's suitcase. But of course, the manager Mr. Tystad chose to blame us directly. They were very accusatory and told us that we had brought the bed bugs in and that the fact that we were from Cleveland made it even more likely. Everything in our room was cleared completely. Considering that our bags came from the same house, our clothes were stored and packed together and we travelled together, that was a little hard to swallow.

They moved us to different rooms and would not let us have access to any of our luggage or personal items. It took us hours to get our luggage sent up even though we had babies who needed their basic items. They would not transport my mother's insulin up and kept passing the blame as to who was supposed to bring it up. While they blamed each other, my diabetic mother spent hours without her insulin. Some of our luggage was lost and took a while to track down.

If that wasn't enough, Wynn and Encore are extrememly family unfriendly hotels. Children under the age of five are only allowed into a handful of restaurants. We have travelled extensively with our boys and have never felt so restricted and ostracized by a hotel. As for the free buffet, it was awful. This was a very lack lustre and disappointing excuse of a buffet with lukewarm and cold, tasteless food without the selection we are used to having at other Vegas hotels.

Furthermore, this is Vegas and you expect smoking but this is a very poorly ventilated set of properties. We stay at MGM properties (mainly The Hotel and Mandalay Bay) and have never had that problem.

We will never go back to Encore or Wynn given the bed bugs, lack of cleanliness, family unfriendly policies, lousy food and last but not least, the manager Anders Tystad.

machomikemd's Profile Photo

My Favorite Hotel in Vegas Part two

by written on September 23, 2011

part two of my Wynn Encore Hotel Tips with more pictures.

ok, Sometimes I also splurge on the hotel accomodations and on a revisit to las vegas, The Encore at Wynn was my choice for 2 nights and then at the Rio Hotel for a free 2 night Stay thanks to my Harrah's Card hehehe and the encore is not cheap at any standards with rates going as high as $ 400 plus a night on a regular suite on weekends specially on special days (hey it still is cheaper than the average room rate at the swanky Marina Bay Sands Singapore where the average Standard Room will costs $ 550 a night!. Even the Gambling tables at the and the Slot Machines at Encore occupy only one floor and are the smallest gambling areas in Las Vegas. I got the room for just $ 250 (excluding tax) a night as a promotion for being a member of the Wynn Red Card.

Unique Quality: the Wynn complex is geared for more privacy for the guests and has not the over the top opulence of the Bellagio or the Palazzo but that is what Steve Wynn Wanted, Elegant but not too Public so the Clientele here is more on the older set and the higher income set than the other vegas hotels. The rooms here are all suites like in the Bellagio but the decor in each room is Modern. the rooms are slightly shorter than the bellagio or the palazzo since the bathroom at the wynn and encore are the most spacious of them all.

Directions: 3121 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

machomikemd's Profile Photo

My Favorite Hotel in Vegas

by written on September 23, 2011

ok, Sometimes I also splurge on the hotel accomodations and on a revisit to las vegas, The Encore at Wynn was my choice for 2 nights and then at the Rio Hotel for a free 2 night Stay thanks to my Harrah's Card hehehe and the encore is not cheap at any standards with rates going as high as $ 400 plus a night on a regular suite on weekends specially on special days (hey it still is cheaper than the average room rate at the swanky Marina Bay Sands Singapore where the average Standard Room will costs $ 550 a night!. Even the Gambling tables at the and the Slot Machines at Encore occupy only one floor and are the smallest gambling areas in Las Vegas. I got the room for just $ 250 a night as a promotion for being a member of the Wynn Red Card.

Unique Quality: thew Wynn complex is geared for more privacy for the guests and has not the over the top opulence of the Bellagio or the Palazzo but that is what Steve Wynn Wanted, Elegant but not too Public so the Clientele here is more on the older set and the higher income set than the other vegas hotels. The rooms here are all suites like in the Bellagio but the decor in each room is Modern. the rooms are slightly shorter than the bellagio or the palazzo since the bathroom at the wynn and encore are the most spacious of them all.

Directions: 3121 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Encore, Encore

by written on January 16, 2010

OK, there's almost no chance you'll find me at a place like this without a conference attached. So I was floored with the level of service I received here. First, I tried to check in a little early, but they didn't have a room ready. No problem, they took my cell phone number and called me a half hour later to let me know it was ready! The suites here are fantastic. Flat screen TVs in the bedroom area and the bathroom. Bathrooms have nice showers, huge bathtubs, and private toilets. There's also a separate workspace with additional seating. In room safes are opened and closed with your room key.

Shopping is all high end here as is most of the dining. I really didn't do much of either. Location is right next to a strip mall and across from the Fashion Show Mall for cheaper shopping. The Encore is also attached to the Wynn, and unless you're paying close attention, you won't be able to tell the difference as to which you are in.

This is the nicest place I've stayed in Vegas. It's a little too rich for a normal stay for me, but we paid $189 a night for the conference, and this seemed like a fantastic deal.

Encore is the worst

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 12, 2009

Check-in took forever again and receptionist gave me attitude, and when I got to the room I found missing towels and shampoo, lots of other little stuff. Guess what as a VIP invited guest it costs me $ 1.25 for a local call, didn't dare try the internet service of $ 13.99/day, which is free in every other hotel I've stayed, a simple cheese omelet was $ 33.00 after all of the fee’s, no HBO or Showtime? But lots of TV about Steve Wynn. Don’t touch anything in the fridge or the snack stand it costs a FORTUNE, I didn't play and lose enough money in their casino, (11 hours play in 3 days and a loss of + $ 4,000.00) as tracked and graded by my casino card which was wrong. I guess I'm not rich, enough for the Wynn hotel’s, dealers and supervisors are so hungry they have to go out with customers so they can eat>>>>>>>> Unfortunately, the hotel’s second performance will not demand an encore from this patron. I'm sure the next time I go back to Las Vegas my stay will be back at Caesars again.

Nearby Encore At Wynn Las Vegas

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews