Excalibur Hotel Casino

Venere.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Benson35's Profile Photo

Excalibur

We (my family and I) stayed here in October 2011 and had a wonderful experience. We all shared a family (two queen beds) and found the room large enough for four adults and lots of souvnirs!
    The room had a view of the side of New York New York through a large window. There was a desk and comfy chairs (although not four). A TV was placed on top of a large set of drawers and there was plenty of wardrobe space for us all.
    The bathroom was adequate. We did have a problem on the second day of our stay with the toilet not flushing. We rang reception and explained; they sent somebody up to fix it in good time. Unfortunatly, we had the same problem again. In way of compensation for the inconvenience, we were given all day passes for their 'all you can eat' buffet. That saved us just under $100! Because the hotel staff were so apologetic and the problem was fixed, I would still highly recommend Excalibur.
    The hotel, corridors, lifts and rooms are very clean. The maid service was excellent.

Excalibur is a big hotel, so make sure you understand exactly were your room in located - it's so easy to get lost! But it is in all of the hotels in Vegas!

Unique Quality: The theme.
    It's to good old 'knights in shining armour' and the 'knights of the round table'. They've done this theme well, look at the photographs above and see how the hotel looks from the strip - fantastic!

• aiclc's Profile Photo

always a fun place to stay

Returned last week from our 7th trip to Vegas and our 3rd stay at Excalibur. I always have a good time here. Ive read stuff in reviews about bed bugs and rude staff, but we've never had a problem with either of those. And the beds are very comfortable! Dicks Last Resort is always a good time. The only issue I have are those annoying people who get in your face to try sell you stuff and one lady actually chased me when i tried to just ignore her. Theyre in all the hotels though, and i know theyre just doing their job. but dont chase us please!

Unique Quality: the Spongebob figure in front of The Fun Dungeon makes for funny pics when youre hammered haha

• Check your bed

My husband and I and our three sons stayed at the Excalibur Sept 19 to the 22nd. We were there for my eldest son's 27th birthday and my youngest son's 21st birthday. My husband and I stayed in one room, the boys in another. We were surprised that our rooms were quite nice - better than our last stay at NY NY. Every surface was dirty, walls, doors, windows, and especially the carpets - the worst in the hallways and elevators. They had a nice selection of slot machines. The buffet is a 3 on a scale of 1-10. We were fairly happy with our visit until the last day. The day before one of my son's had found a couple of sores that we thought were mosquito bites. When he woke up on the 22nd, he had at least 6 bites on his face, under his chin, and on his neck, more on his back, and a few on his arms and legs. They are big, red, itchy, swollen bumps. I went to talk to management and they shuffled me away from other customers, took a report, took pictures, and said someone from risk management would get in touch with me next week. That's it. They did give us a list of clinics we could take him to, but we did not rent a car this trip, they were far away, and we had to be at the airport in 2 hours. From what I understand, it's likely I won't hear back from them, or if I do, they will say they checked out the room and there's nothing wrong. From other review sites (that I wished I had read BEFORE booking the rooms), Excalibur has a bed bug problem. Also, as soon as we got home I called the risk management department to let them know the boys also had a roll-away bed in their room and should be checked and not given to another customer. I was told the person handling our case would be gone until Monday - three days later - and there was nothing they could do.

Unique Quality: Nothing

Directions: South end of strip

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Affordable Excalibur Hotel

I have stayed in this hotel probably three times in the past 10 years. I like this casino because it is very affordable and it has one of the best and cheapest Buffet Restaurant. One of the great things about this hotel is that, every tine I play on their slot machines, I win! The last time I was here, I won $380.00 and the first time, I won $1,380.00!!!

Also, this hotel is connected via the Tram to Luxor and Mandalay Bay Hotel...It is very accessible to visit these hotels.

Excalibur is also child-friendly. They have shows for children.

Unique Quality: This hotel is very picturesque outside because it looks like a palace during the medieval times. It is so attractive for children because of its motiff and designs.

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo

A good fun hotel

We had four nights here beginning on a Friday. Obviously the cost on the first two nights was much more expensive than the final two. We were very happy with our room although would have loved a fridge but then again there is plenty to eat everywhere in Vegas.

We chose the Excalibur as we liked the Southern end of the strip last visit, wanted to stay at a theme hotel and liked the price of this one.

We ate many times at the Round Table Buffet which had an all you can eat band for the day which cost $25 per person. Nothing flash at the buffet but filling enough.

The internet worked after some time on the phone to a tech.

We would definitely consider staying here if we were to return.

Unique Quality: We also went to the Tournament of Kings show which was tongue in cheek but good fun. It was $52 per person.

• Really Big / Comfortable / Clean / Do it Again!

We stayed at the Excaliber Hotel & Casino in Sept. 2010, and we were very pleased! The room was very spacious, updated , clean , the bed was very comfortable & lots of extra pillows! We did the "All You Can Eat" Buffet for $24.99 each - All Day Buffet / Breakfast,Luch,Dinner. You can't beat the food, and prices. The casino was lots of fun, and the personel were all nice. We will go back again! I would tell everyone - Nice Place! Great Rates ! Can't beat it !

• This Hotel has deceptive billing practices!

Don’t stay here!

I bought my room via Priceline and was not told about any extra fees. When I arrived at this hotel, they told me that there is a MANDATORY $9.95 plus tax ($11.14) Resort Fee. This was clearly a hidden fee that was NOT disclosed when I made the reservation. I have the copy of the email reservation, which I showed to the Desk Supervisor, and he agreed that there was no mention of any Mandatory Fee on this confirmation, but still the desk manager refused to concede the charge. I called Priceline and they also refused to reimburse me for this charge. I am writing all the respective managements as well as the attorney generals of Nevada and my home state, as well as CNN, Fox News, the Chamber of Commerce, The Better Business Bureau and every travel advisory site I can find.

When the hotel would not take away the charge, they offered to upgrade my room. Some upgrade! When I got into the room, a) the electrical outlets at the base of both the internet connection did not work so I had no where to charge my cell phone except in the bathroom; b) the Ethernet cable was about 18 inches long and attached on top of the dresser, which was across the room from the one small table and chair in the room. No way to sit and work on my laptop even if I COULD get a connection working; c) The internet connections did not work; I work in the industry, I know all the tricks for getting it to work, it did not work in this room. d) The phone was across the room, and cord was too short to reach across the room to call the Internet service provider while also looking at my laptop, and e) there was no soap so I could not wash my hands after going the bathroom.

I called and asked for another room. They moved me back to a standard room on another floor where at least the Ethernet worked and it had a bar of soap. So I went to go take a swim and cool off, went down to the pool and discovered that THE POOL CLOSES AT 7 PM. When I asked a bellman why the pool closes at 7 PM he said that they ask the management team that same question EVERY year and the management team ignores the question and just says, “because it does.” When I asked the Desk Supervisor why the pool closes at 7 PM he said “because it gets dark before 7 PM.” Like no one wants to swim after dark? Like no one in Las Vegas doesn’t have a PLETHORA of lights lighting up the entire desert 24 hours a day?! Not to mention that as I looked out the window at 8:15 PM as I spoke with Mr. Desai, it was still light out. (FYI, sunset in Las Vegas on July 14, 2010 was at 7:58 PM.)

I should also mention that the rugs are dirty and the elevators are especially dirty.

Unique Quality: Desk Supervisors have no useful ability to do anything. Pool CLOSES AT 7 PM!

• broken down elevator

The recent trip to your hotel ended up being a disaster !!!!! The management did not respond to a request for help regarding a stuck elevator outside of the hotel .... at the very least try to accomadate the person making the request for help, especially since they have PANIC attacks.They ended up being stuck for over 40 minutes before the fire dept came. I realize that the hotel does not own the elevators but they do get people to and from the hotel, so they should have some interest in the operational issue that could effect business. I am sure the hotels have contact with the different vendors and City officials to get getting revenue coming in.
    The mangement make no attempt to try and compensate for the inconvienance to encourage a return visit, this is not good for future visits by anyone involved or anyone who knows them.
    This was also the same response from the New York New York Casino. How can you do business this way ????????

• Disgusting Rip off

i PAID EXTRA to stay in a "non-smoking" room with my seriously allergic friend. it was obvious from the moment we entered that the room had been smoked in - a lot. when i approached the desk about the issue i was told (very threateningly) that "well we can't help it if people happen to smoke in there!" by an older lady with big red hair. the reason i was at the desk in the first place was to report that a PUDDLE of urine had been left on the counter in the bathroom from the previous guests. it was under the soap dish - it was like hskp wiped around the dish but didn't lift to wipe under it. when i lifted the dish to see what the weird shape thing was under there, i knew immediately what it was because i could see the color and i could smell it. i cleaned it up quickly without alerting my roommate. they offered a 10% discount on the FIRST night of my visit - which was going to be like $7. they said that they couldn't do more because i hadn't brought it to their attention earlier. they yelled at me (not kidding) because i didn't call them and let them clean it up and now how do they know i'm not lying about it. i told them that if i had called them at 11pm on our first night, my roommate would have made us leave - not to a different room, but leave the hotel completely. there was no way to go about letting them know without letting her know. all i was looking for really was an apology. some compensation would have been nice too. but $7 is like a slap in the face. they kept going on and on about how they could have moved us to a different room had they known. i told them that i didn't want a different room. i wasn't going to put myself in the position of explaining why we were moving to my roommate - she would have made me book somewhere else - and we simply didn't have time or energy to make that happen. on top of it all, the room was filthy. the edges of the carpet and around the furniture were COVERED in dust and other crap. the awesome room that i had UPGRADED to for ONLY $20 extra per night was at the end of a hall (second to last door) overlooking the parking lot - my bad for not asking to be placed somewhere with a decent view and not in timbuktu. i will never stay here again. and i will tell aaaaalll of my friends what a gross dump this place was. and smokey and bad ventilation comments from below? i'm right there with you. i visited a number of other casinos and the excalibur was BY FAR the most gnarly one. soooo gross. and a complete waste of money. never again you evil people. and $7!!!!!!!!!! are you kidding me?? it was PEE on the counter and they LEFT IT THERE!!!!

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

The Excalibur

We chose to stay at the Excalibur because we found a deal for our dates. The Excalibur has a medieval theme and the exterior looks like King Arthur's castle.

I was a bit concerned after reading all the bad reviews about the rooms but I gotta say that we either were lucky or those people really had a bad experience. Our room was on Tower 1, 12th floor. It was very quiet at night and we didn't hear any traffic or noise from the other guests even tho our room was facing the street, sort of. The room was immaculate, with the usual amenities you can find at any given 3- or 4-star hotel: a huge bed, very spacious bathroom with toiletries, cable TV (for us who like to unwind watching TV), couches and a writing desk. The staff was very friendly and helpful when one person in our party had to wait for a locksmith because the safe's lock didn't work, upon checking in.

They have a walkway connecting them with adjacent hotels Mandalay Bay and Luxor but when we were there, they were doing some work with it.

• Hotel has no idea who they are catering to.

definitely the black sheep of the mgm/mirage group of hotels/casinos. reservation and check-in experience was decent, but pretty much downhill from there. adults will not appreciate all the kids running around, and families with kids will not appreciate the stripper like dancers on the tables on the ground floor. NOT a place for kids unless you want your kids learning how to play beer pong.

We went with our kids and looked forward to the pool with slides and the arcade/midway downstairs. the kids pool was only open one day out of three. the midway area was despicable with broken games and the staff, who were few, were indifferent and obviously did not enjoy their jobs.

if you go for the gambling, definitely go somewhere else. it was the first time in years that i was treated like dirt by a "VIP" host who obviously needed lessons in customer service and appreciation.

we stayed in tower 2, "renovated" means they put a widescreen tv in the room. the shower barely worked.

would not recommend excalibur to anyone considering all the alternatives that are available.

Unique Quality: Kids pool with slides, though rarely open
    Midway / arcade for kids, though old and run down

Directions: Southern part of the las vegas strip next to new york, new york

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Family Fun

I've know a couple of friends who liked staying here and even had gotten married here. They enjoyed the hotel and enjoyed the shows. The shopping mall is pretty cool and have a very inexpensive restaurants here too.

Unique Quality: Number of rooms: 3,991.
    Casino 100,000 square feet.
    Race & sports book 145-seat race and sports book, equipped with 35 televisions, plus a big screen.
    The Excalibur dining options The Steakhouse at Camelot, Regale, Dick's Last Resort, Sherwood Forest Cafe, Roundtable Buffet, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and a food court.
    King Arthur's Arena 900-seat Amphitheater with two dinner shows nightly of Tournament of Kings; catch the The Thunder from Down Under, or comedian Louie Anderson; For some mid-day laughs check out Defending the Caveman which performs in the afternoon; Fantasy Faire features carnival games and two motion-simulator rides.
    100-seat, biker-themed Octane Lounge offers live entertainment, a full bar menu and signature cocktails.
    Pool: Yes, two pools.
    13,000-square-foot Royal Treatment Spa & Fitness Center offers multiple types of massages and services. A salon is located outside the spa in the hotel.
    Shops: Specialty shops.
    Canterbury Wedding Chapel offers a number wedding ceremony packages.
    Convention rooms banquet and meeting facility houses more than 12,000 square feet of space.
    Wheelchair accessible rooms: Yes.
    Parking garage: three-story parking garage.
    Shuttle service to the Strip: There is a free monorail that passes from Excalibur to Mandalay Bay with a stop at the Luxor.
    Standard room amenities: Air conditioning, clock radio, remote-controlled cable TV, pay-per-view movies, desk, electronic door locks, telephone, hair dryer and voice mail.
    Luggage service, maid service, valet parking, wake-up call, laundry service and shops.

Directions: Off the strip

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Excalibur Hotel - A1 Architecture

The hotel has a stunning view. You will see that in the photos I took and posted here. I guess this is one of the most beautiful buildings in the heart of Las Vegas Strip.

This is a combination of hotel/casino/restaurant. The buffet restaurant is huge but the food is nothing special to me. Casino is just right and the hotel offers the Widescreen Rooms, Guest Rooms, and Guest Suites.

You may try the hotel and casino but look for a restaurant somewhere else.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Watching spectacular shows

If you needed more information about hotels in Las Vegas,check out these links:

www.vegasfreedom.com
    www.lvchamber.com
    www.lvrj.com
    www.lasvegasweekly.com
    www.2zlasvegas.com

We go to Las Vegas every year to visit my husband's father who lives in Henderson and got to know the place better. The city changes every year. That's for sure. It's like every year, there is a new hotel being built and I have to check it out every time.

Since I have a big family and children, we always book at an affordable hotel renting two rooms at a time. The last time, we stayed at Circus Circus and I couldn't sleep. It was very noisy as we stayed at the Manor Rooms. I was very disappointed. I even complained to the management. However, my children enjoyed the pool!

Then previously we stayed at the Planet Hollywood (Alladin Hotel). It was nice as our hotel room is overlooking the Paris Hotel's neon lights. It's okay but nothing fancy. But the price we paid was very cheap.

We also stayed at Excalibur and I think because of the location of the hotel, I like it better. The rooms are very clean and the location is very convenient.

The Riviera Hotel was too smoky for me and the facilities are ancient. I didn't enjoy the hotel.

These are the hotels we have booked so far and these are my own experiences.

Hopefully next time, I can stay at a five star hotel like Mandalay, Bellagio, Wynn, Caesar's Palace, Luxor, Four Seasons.

But the thing is, I always book at a cheaper hotel and use the money for something else...like bringing my children to watch the bigger, spectacular and more popular shows. It's more worth the money!

Directions: You can't miss it

• jenbolls123's Profile Photo

Athur lives here :)

With a castle exterior, the hotel features a casino with slot machines, table games, keno, poker, and a race and sports book. The Tournament of Kings dinner show features invading armies, jousting knights, and dining sans utensils. Other live entertainment includes stage shows and comic performances. Excalibur's Castle Walk is a promenade above the casino that features a variety of shops and street vendors. The Excalibur Midway features games and a video arcade. The hotel also features a beauty salon, two swimming pools, a manmade mountain, waterfalls, and two waterslides. The Royal Treatment Spa and Fitness Center offers massages, facials, tanning beds, an exercise facility, and separate pools and saunas for men and women. Dining options include the Roundtable Buffet, The Steakhouse at Camelot, Sir Galahad's Pub & Prime Rib House, Regale Italian Eatery, the 24-hour Sherwood Forest Cafe, and the Village Food Court. Also, Dick's Last Resort is now open at Excalibur

All rooms feature cable TV, irons and ironing boards, high-speed Internet access ($12.99 per day), hairdryers, 24-hour room service, and air-conditioning. Guests must be at least 21 years old to check into this hotel.

Directions: Excalibur Hotel and Casino is located on the Las Vegas Strip, only two miles from McCarran International Airport.

More about Excalibur Hotel Casino

Excalibur Hotel - Las VegasExcalibur Hotel - Las Vegas

Tal and David in stocks at Excalibur, Las VegasTal and David in stocks at Excalibur, Las Vegas

Excalibur hotelExcalibur hotel

Excalibur HotelExcalibur Hotel

Excalibur Hotel

by Melfi

Hi there,

Some relatives are getting married in LV and they've asked me to do the hotel bookings. I am hoping that someone will be able to help with a couple of questions I have.

1. Which is the best tower to stay in at the Excalibur? I've heard that some of the rooms are old and shabby. Would they give us better rooms if I asked?

2. I'm booking for 5 couples - are we likely to get a better rate for making a group booking?

Any help would be really appreciated. And please don't say 'Don't stay at the Excalibur'! It's the bride's choice!

Cheers

Re: Excalibur Hotel

by Peter_P

Do go to the Excalibur...:-)

I don't know about the dirrerent rooms but we stayed in the tower opposite to the New York, New York Hotel... and rooms were okay, more then okay...

I can't remember prices, but certainly try to get prices down with the 5 rooms. First ask the price for one rooms then mention it is for 5 rooms... or get better executive rooms for the same price as a standard room...

Get going and have fun...!!

P

by cruisingbug

We stayed at the Excalibur in May 2001 - in room 4155, don't know which tower that was. The room seemed fine, if I recall correctly. Not shabby. Definitely mention that it's for a wedding party and it's a large group.

Re: Excalibur Hotel

by raevnzno

Hi, first congratulations on the nuptuials!!
The east tower fronts the strip and faces the tropicana hotel. the north tower fronts on to tropicana blvd and faces new york new york hotel. The west tower would face the mountians and west las vegas and the south tower faces the luxor and mandalay bay hotels. You want to ask for outside rooms so you have a view, the inside rooms face the courtyard and pool area. Most hotels in LV dont start offering any kind of group discount until you're booking 10 or more rooms.
You can also get price ranges and pics of some of the rooms on lasvegas.com.
Drop me a line if I can help with any other questions.
Good Luck!

by Carmela71

I had been doing research for Las vegas accomodation for ourselves and for this hotel the best price was the one at the hotel web page (better that other searchers are vegas.com or travelworm).

We founded that the Emerald tower is the cheaper option, and if you go some the reviews at trip adviser they are some good comments and one bad for this tower.

But as others had suggest if you email directly the hotel and try to do a group reservation, you may get discount prices or maybe some upgrades.

Sorry not been there but is one of my options, so I had done a few research LOL

by Carmela71

Sorry, I got confused with so many hotels, Emerald towers is in MGM where we were also looking, sorry.

• Apr 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I stayed here with my teenage daughters for spring break 2013. The room in Tower II was ok with the 2 queen beds. One of the sheets on top of the bed had a blood stain on it. A light bulb in the bathroom was out. The soaps are cheap. The smell in the hotel and casino is really bad. The people working at registration are un-friendly.
    They misrepresent the true cost for the rooms. There are extra fees for internet and "resort" fees that are unexplained. There is an internet fee that we could not use since we didn't bring our "ethernet cable" with us when we were expecting WiFi. This is 2013, correct?? Dicks restaurant, located on the pathway between the hotel and the rooms, has terrible and expensive food, charges between $5 and $10 for a regular drink, and the waiter, if you can call him that, regularly liked to play with his crotch. I guess he thought that was comical or entertaining. About the pools. The music they play on their speakers are very, very loud and annoying. The rules on what you can and cannot bring into the pool are inconsistent and ridiculous. Why we cannot bring a bottle of water into the pool area is beyond me. Being out in the hot and dry weather here in Las Vegas, one can get dehydrated very quickly. This is a health hazard to say the least.

Next time I'm going to a hotel that is honest, clean and provides what you pay for.