Excalibur Hotel Casino

Casino and Gambling Family Travel Desert
See Amenities

Great stay

by written on April 13, 2008

We made last minute reservations for the hotel. It was during a very large bicycle convention, so msot hotels were pretty full. When we called the staff was very friendly and we got a good deal on the price. Once we got to the hotel check in was very fast and went smoothly. When we got to the room we had 2 full size beds rather than the 1 king we had requested, but it was not a big deal to us, so we didnt have them change it. One day we locked out key card in the room and they were very fast and friendly when we had to get another key. I liked that they had security at the elevators and you had to show a room key to go up. it made me feel safe.

Unique Quality: from 5pm-5am they had 3 different meals for 5.99...we got the steak dinner with 2 sides one night and then the morning we left we got up early to eat their breakfast. The lines were slow, but once we got to the table we had good service and our food came out great. a lot of food for such a small price.

Directions: Next to the Luxor, not far from the MGM

doug48's Profile Photo

budget

by written on January 20, 2008

the excalibur is one of the nicest budget hotels on the strip. this medieval themed hotel offers free monorail service to the luxor and mandalay bay. located on the corner of tropicana and las vegas blvd it is a short walk to the tropicana, new york newyork, and the mgm grand. a very good value for a budget hotel.

Paula&Matt's Profile Photo

Cheap but don't expect much glam

by written on November 29, 2007

Excalibur is OK. It's just OK. Visited from Nov 15-19 '07 because I was exhibiting at Mandalay Bay (where I stayed last year and it's still terrific but pricey). Don't expect much glitz or glam because it's really a bit grotty when compared to places like Mandalay, MGM, Bellagio, Ceasers and so on. Slightly 'lower' than Luxor or NYNY but hey - it's cheap. The rooms are OK (but make sure you get a strip view in Tower 1) although the carpets and walls are a bit grim-looking. Bathrooms are functional and clean but again not a patch on Mandalay.

At the end of the day you sleep there and that's it, so if you're not too fussed about the room it's fine. Not too many kids, good access to the rest of the Strip/Luxor/Manadalay via the tram.

Pics are from room 26163 in Tower 1 (26th floor, room 163). Had to stick camera out of window to get them but it's still a good view. Any room in this tower will have a decent view if it's above about the 12th floor.

joiwatani's Profile Photo

One of the affordable nice hotels in Las Vegas!

by written on October 28, 2007

On our second trip to Las Vegas, we wanted to try staying in another hotel. We wanted a hotel that is pretty close or middle of the Strip, a hotel that is child-friendly and has amenities that are inviting to families.

Excalibur Hotel and Casino came to mind. I stayed in this hotel at one point and I liked it - it is very affordable, has free shows and best of all affordable. We liked it.

Unique Quality: The hotel has free shows for children and the restaurant has an all-you-can eat buffet which is one of the cheapest in the Stiip and great food, too.

Directions: The hotel is at the middle of the strip (?)

glamourprincess's Profile Photo

A family hotel

by written on August 15, 2007

I didn't stay at this hotel/casino, but have visited several times. The theme is medieval period with knights in armors, princesses and dragons. The hotel is built as a huge white castle. It looks quite stunning, especially at night. I think it is one of the better options for families with kids and young teens. The restaurants and shops are also themed. The hotel didn't appeal to me though, as I am in my twenties. There was a lot of construction going on when we visited, so maybe they will be refurbishing. I think the hotel is quite worn, and there are better options if you long for luxury and comfort.

Unique Quality: I didn't visit the pool, but it didn't look very impressing. There are way better pools in Vegas.

Directions: South Strip

Mandber's Profile Photo

the Knights Dragon... Get It?

by written on July 24, 2007

Located at the end of the strip right between the Luxor and New York New York you stay at a great starting point next to three of the best casinos on the strip. Also you are just over the highway from In & Out.

Unique Quality: There is a distinct feel of being in a fictional medieval period which was great for us liking that kid of stuff. Also there is an indoor walkway to the Luxor which leads to Mandalay Bay and you never have to walk outside in the heat. Another awesome feature was the moving walkway that leads into the Casino… I know, I know that’s nothing special, but it is when it ends at a bar.

Directions: Right Across from New York New York and adjacent to MGM Grand.

New Scam at Excalibur, LUxor and Mirage

by written on June 29, 2007

Excalibur, Luxor and Mirage has a new scam, and don't get caught in it.
They say that u can buy show ticket ($60+) for a discounted price($15+), But once they sell it they say that we have to participate in a tour of their new hotel to receive the tickets at the discounted price.
It will waste half of your day (around 4 -5 hours). Since they accept only cash, we can't do anything about it. Not even a charge back on the credit card.
It's either go on the tour for 5 hours and get the tickets for the show or loose the $15 you already gave them.

ohmaid's Profile Photo

Good All Rounder

by written on June 18, 2007

Clean tidy room with good service. I would recommend this place, the accomodation was, on the whole, good, with great links (Monorail) to Luxor & Mandalay Bay and overpass foot bridges to New York, MGM & Tropicana. Decent buffet at an excellent price, something for everyone.

tommyg_stlouis's Profile Photo

Good Casino... Good Location... Average Hotel...

by written on May 6, 2007

Check in was courteous and quick. I asked for a last minute upgrade to Strip-view/Smoking. which was not available immediately, but they gave me a room and told me to call the front desk the next day. Not only did they accomodate this last minute request, they did so at no additional charge. ( I did give them reasonable casino action ) The next day, I had the room I wanted... facing New York, New York and MGM Grand, no hassles. This place has the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on. That's where the luxury ends... room rates are cheaper than most, but there are absolutely no frills... No in-room safe, no coffee pot, no mini-bar, only cheap plastic cups instead of glasses. The accomodations are clean and adequate if you're not expecting a posh Vegas experience. Remember you're not paying Bellagio prices.

The best thing about staying here has got to be the LOCATION. The casino is large and has a great selection of slots and table games, with reasonable table minimums. And if you're not having any luck at the Excalubur, you can always try the Luxor or Mandalay Bay... they're all owned by the same company, and connected by an indoor walkway and an outdoor monorail. NY/NY is also across the street, as is the MGM Grand and Tropicana.

Excalibur has a great poker room for the average player. It's not full of poker sharks, offers low blinds ($1/2 , 2/4...) and has a bonus wheel that you spin if you lose with pocket aces, of if you get four-of-a-kind, str8 flush, or a royal. Minimum amount on the wheel is $20, but you can win more... a really nice extra.

The casino also offers a huge race and sports book. Beverage service was frequent and fast, even if you weren't having alcohol. Service all around was always fast and friendly.

I expected this place to be overrun with children, but this was NOT the case. There is a huge arcade area downstairs for kids, and the pool was open, but children weren't really a problem.

Check out was easy. You can use the TV check-out process as long as you're leaving by 11am.

Unique Quality: This hotel is a great value at a low price. No-frills, but the LOCATION is perfect...you can easily get to 5 other casinos without getting in the car.

( 3-25-09 ) Just revisited the Excalibur casino and discovered that the Poker Room has been totally re-done... totally computerized. You sit around a giant table/tv screen. It's just like playing poker online, but your opponents are sitting right there. Strange... I didn't much care for it.

Directions: The Excalibur is located on the southern end of the Las Vegas Strip, at Tropicana Blvd.

Anakah's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 27, 2007

I was really impressed with the rooms. At first I was a bit skeptical at staying here but I was really surprised when we walked into our rooms. We got two queen beds and they were awesome! When I sat down it was so soft. The pillows were just perfectly plump and just the way I like it. And they had plenty of extras.

The room smelled good, was clean, I couldn't hear the neighbors, there was a coffee stand right next to the elevators to our room and the woman behind the coffee stand counter was very nice and really helpful.

We had a problem because my fiance accidentally left his ID back at home (which is a good two hour drive) and they were very understanding and since we have the same address and bank account the very nice and extremely professional front desk clerk was kind enough to let me use my ID to get us into our room.

There was only one thing that I thought that could be changed. There needs to be a fridge in each room. Just a little one, nothing spectacular. Other than that our stay was great. I kept reading really bad reviews and it bothered me but I was pleasantly surprised. So, I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a great room at a decent price. Just stay away from the buffet--it was over priced and horrible.

aimeewoods's Profile Photo

Okay with kids

by written on December 28, 2006

This place isn't too bad. It's become a bit run-down over the years. The rooms are showing wear and the hotel isn't very kept these days.

Unique Quality: The hotel offers a few inside shows for the family, as well as a carnival type arcade/gaming center in the basement.

Great for the Price

by written on November 2, 2006

We have gone to Las Vegas 9 times, and we have stayed on the strip each time- however after staying at Excalibur the first time, now we won't go anywhere else!! The location is just perfect...Right on the corner, across from MGM, Ny-Ny. The neat part is the tram that runs between Luxor and Mandalay Bay. For sometimes a low price of $39 a night you can not beat it!!! The staff is nice, the room is a very comfortable size (big) No tub, I would compare to a Local Hotel- No bells, and whistles- Cheap and I am never in my room....So why pay a lot for it???

Unique Quality: They have $5 minimums at some of the tables- and one of the only Casinos that still have a "War" table (that's right- like you use to play when you were a kid!!)

CaliHopkins's Profile Photo

Married into this place

by written on September 18, 2006

Not only do we try to stay here almost every trip out, but we were married here in 1993. Happy to see that there have been renovations since that time, and the place is just as magical. If you like knights and maidens, this place is for you

Unique Quality: As all casinos on the strip, it is unique in its decor and room decor, really big on the castle and knights, dragons and maidens in distress. If you go for that though -- my husband really loves it-- that stay at the Excalibur!

Robin922's Profile Photo

Should be the next hotel overhauled or torn down!

by written on August 22, 2006

This hotel is showing it's age, and should be put on the list to either be torn down or overhauled!

While the staff is very friendly, many common services are lacking. The bell hop who delivered our bags, did just that and nothing more! When I asked about ice, he told me to walk down the hall.

Housekeeping, is pretty weak too. Carpet was 'kind of' vacuumed, and the bathroom floor was 'kind of' swept.

We noticed an error with our check out date after we had checked in, so the next morning I went to the front desk to correct the error, IT WAS CLOSED! I've never heard of a hotel closing its check-in desk for the morning hours.

My mother had a medical emergency, when I called the desk for the 'house doctor'.. they don't have one. However they did call for an ambulance, good thing since all they could offer was a security officer. (Who was friendly but, didn't appear to even have basic medical training.)

Items that I thought a hotel would have... a bath tub, coffee pot, and mini bar in the room. Also the water glasses are the cheapest thin plastic glasses I've ever seen. Brochures of things to do, while in the area. To say the least I've stayed at Motel 6s that offered more than this place!

Lighting in the hallways and rooms is very poor. It gives you the feeling of being in a dungeon, which is o.k. if you have good vision. Would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone who is low vision.

Building maintenance personal appear to be missing! Elevator button on floor was broken all week, and other noticeable items needed repairing.

They also have a mandatory charge of a dollar a day for the phone (if you us it or not) and internet access is $11.00 for 24 hours.

Bottom line, if you don't mind $3.00 a cup for coffee, and don't want a tub to soak in, don't mind a bit of dirt, can handle the other little quarks it isn't too bad for the mid week rate of $54. a night. However is not worth the $100+ they charge for the week-ends!

Unique Quality: Good location, is on the 'Strip Trolly' route. The staff was frendly, but not always helpful.

Directions: Almost at the end of the strip

Las Vegas' Worst Hotel

by written on June 21, 2006

We don't recommend this hotel to anyone. We had several problems with this hotel and when presented to management nothing was done about it except for the incident with the corned beef hash. Management told us to file a complaint with security but we weren't offered anything. Here were the problems:

1) Reserved a non-smoking room. When checking in we were told all that was available was smoking and just because we reserve it doesn't mean we get it. We have a daughter that has asthma and being in a smoking room the first night triggered her asthma and made it hard for her to breathe.

2) Hotel had water slides that go into the pool. Slides didn't work at any time while we were there. We specifically booked this hotel because of the water slides.

3) One of the days when we went to the pool there was no lifeguard and one of the two pools were closed. The pool that was open didn't have any room to put a chair to sun bathe.

4) When we went to the buffet the last day we were there we all got sick from the corned beef hash. It wasn't food poisoning but there was something in it that gave it a smokey flavor and made us feel nauseaus.

sherylschroeter Apr 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I stayed here with my teenage daughters for spring break 2013. The room in Tower II was ok with the 2 queen beds. One of the sheets on top of the bed had a blood stain on it. A light bulb in the bathroom was out. The soaps are cheap. The smell in the hotel and casino is really bad. The people working at registration are un-friendly.
They misrepresent the true cost for the rooms. There are extra fees for internet and "resort" fees that are unexplained. There is an internet fee that we could not use since we didn't bring our "ethernet cable" with us when we were expecting WiFi. This is 2013, correct?? Dicks restaurant, located on the pathway between the hotel and the rooms, has terrible and expensive food, charges between $5 and $10 for a regular drink, and the waiter, if you can call him that, regularly liked to play with his crotch. I guess he thought that was comical or entertaining. About the pools. The music they play on their speakers are very, very loud and annoying. The rules on what you can and cannot bring into the pool are inconsistent and ridiculous. Why we cannot bring a bottle of water into the pool area is beyond me. Being out in the hot and dry weather here in Las Vegas, one can get dehydrated very quickly. This is a health hazard to say the least.

Next time I'm going to a hotel that is honest, clean and provides what you pay for.

Nearby Excalibur Hotel Casino

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews