Extended Stay America Las Vegas Boulder Hwy

Crossland Economy Studios - Las Vegas - Boulder Highway
Booking.com Ext. Stay America Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Las Vegas

Waterfall in Front of Wynn Los Vegas HotelWaterfall in Front of Wynn Los Vegas Hotel

FREE shuttle delivers us to our doorstepFREE shuttle delivers us to our doorstep

Jean Georges SteakhouseJean Georges Steakhouse

St. Mark's SquareSt. Mark's Square

cash chip

by tracyskf

Is it ok to bring out cash chip from casino? I mean is it legal to do so? Some friends wanted a Vegas casino chip as souvenir... would that be fine? Also which casino would you recommend me to get it from - and what is the smallest denomination? Hope this question does not sound too weird!

by wise23girl

I do not know if it is legal but I know folk who have brought one out in their pocket by accident or maybe design.

But you can buy very life like fakes...would not that do?

In Australia(Qld) you can buy a casino chip for $5 or even $2.50

I guess it is yours as you pay for it.

by petersnice

Casinos will be more than happy that you won't cash the chips - the higher the value, the happier they'll be; the smallest denomination will very likely be $1.

Just choose a casino that "sounds" best - Flamingo or Sahara are there in Vegas for decades and are in a way more "authentic" than, say, Wynn or Hard Rock.

by paulinuk2u

you can go to casino supply shop theres lots of stuff there i was in one ,quite interesting to

by YVRDave

The more you take the happier the casino will be

by Odinnthor

No problem at all. I have over a hundred $5.00 chips from over a hundred casinos, but I have been collecting for a long time. For a gift or souvanier, it should be at least a dollar or better five dollar chip. The higher end the casino the nicer the chip. If it an iconic one you are looking for, it probably should be from Ceasars Palace. Here is a thought from my own pages......good luck!

by Roadquill

In addition to current casinos who would love for your to take them home (note there are only a handful of companies that each own several casinos - you can use those chips at each of the sister casinos, but not at unrelated casinos), you can also find "vintage" chips at second hand stores. Karl

by twinkles76

I got married at the Venetian and wanted a Venetian Chip to hang on my key ring.. So I got one and got a mate to drill a whole in it.. I have the memory of my wedding day at the venetian everytime I pick up my keys..

by paulinuk2u

hi,what else did you do when you were there

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

Kid Free with Better Gambling

by MayorDW

We stayed on and moved around the strip for several days gambling, eating and taking in all the beautiful new hotels with their features. However, we drove to the Fremont area, downtown and found a much quieter atmosphere, cheaper food & beverages and better gambling. The minimums were smaller and the odds were often better. Most craps tables had better odds and there were single deck blackjack tables with low minimums.
While the strip is more glamourous and loaded with things to see, once you've seen everything, reality sets in. On my next trip to Vegas, I'll stay downtown. I'll report back to you and let you know how it was.

Tip everyone who helps you, and then some

by just4funds

Prime the pump. I've watched dealers basically coach people playing blackjack by telling them what to do in the form of a question "Hit?" "Stand?" Just nod and you're set.

Also, pit bosses sometimes can clue you in on a slot that hasn't hit in a while. Kill 'em with kindness and you just might run into some luck.......... Standing at what I thought was a quarter slot=machine, hitting the payout (I was up over 80 credits) and seeing these cartoonishly large coins come tumbling out.

Apparently, when I shoved my $10 bill into the big, bad slot=machine and hit "Max bet" I blew the whole thing right there. That's what happens, I guess, when you throw your money at a $5 slot=machine! Can you imagine the luck?

Later, after everyone split I found myself alone with $400 burning a hole in my pocket. So, I threw a $20 into a REAL quarter slot, and played it almost out. Suddenly, that dang machine started spitting quarters into the bin and a light starts blinking on top. I'm dumbfounded, and then a big burly guard parks on my right. "Oh, sh!t. What did I do? I didn't even cash out. It just started throwing 'em at me." Heh-heh, quite the novice I am. I walked outta that RESORT casino with a $1100 smile on my face. Paid for my wife's entire trip. Thank you, higher power!

Laser show (downtown), all the...

by sharonn

Laser show (downtown), all the usual stuff like the pirate show, dragon fight you know! My fondest memory of Las Vegas would have to be its were i got married and spent my honeymoon.

wedding link - http://www.lasvegasweddings.com/

Dining in Las Vegas

by kala6487

There are many great restaurants in Las Vegas. They are also very expensive and difficult to get into unless you make reservations days (or weeks?) in advance. I find that takes the sponteneity out of vacationing. I don't usually think about what I'm going to eat until that day - not a week ahead of time.

On the opposite end there are a lot of cheap places, but the food isn't so good. I was hardpressed to find something medium priced that was good unless I went off the strip.

6:5 Blackjack

by SteveOSF

.....

Beware of 6:5 Blackjack!

Traditionally the game of blackjack pays 3 bets for every 2 units wagered for a natural. A natural, also called a blackjack, is when the first two cards consist of an ace with a ten value card and is an instant winner. Of course, they can push if the dealer has a blackjack.

In recent years, a 6 for 5 payout for a blackjack is spreading through casinos like cancer. These are most prevalent on single deck and lower limit games. What might seem to be a minor rule chance will destroy your bankroll.

If you play a single deck at a $25 dollar minimum table, you will likely vary your bet as the game progresses, say with your wins and loses. You might spread your bet so that your average bet is twice the minimum, or $50 per hand. If you play a 6:5 game instead of a traditional 3:2 game, you will then receive $15 less per blackjack on your average bet.

Say you hit the gambling town for a weekend and will play 4 hours Friday night, 6 hours on Saturday, and 2 hours on Sunday for a total of 12 hours. If you play at crowded tables, you might receive about 60 hands per hour. With unopposed (no push) blackjacks occurring at an average frequency of 1 in every 20.5 hands, you would end up winning over $500 LESS over the course of the weekend (than you would have from a normal 3:2 game).

If you play head to head with about twice as many hands played, you would be giving up over $1,000 dollars. Blackjack with a 6:5 payout is a bad game to play. I would recommend avoiding it at all costs even if that means playing in a different club or playing craps instead.

Comments