Flamingo Las Vegas

Casino and Gambling National/State Park Birdwatching
See Amenities

poorly handled

by written on January 23, 2015

1/22/15 face of bath vanity fell off and found what appeared to be a plastic bag of what appeared to be feces (poop). Notified management at 11 am, who by the way only seemed slightly concerned and even more confused. Returned from day trip 7 hours later, stopped at desk to verify that matter was corrected, management had no clue. All I asked is that it be removed, it was not, I took it to the desk and simply dropped it on the desk quite to there surprise. All in all poor handling on the part of management.

Directions: On the strip

Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Dive of the strip

by written on September 26, 2014

If you do not upgrade to a new room, the rooms leave much to be desired. This past week I had about 8 different people in this hotel for a trade show. Those who did not upgrade their room also found that it was not well picked up and garbage in the corners.

Do not try to communicate with the desk as they are not trained to do their jobs. They often do not bother to answer the phone. Those in the offices do not know how to do their jobs either. Simple tasks will not be accomplished. Oh and in order to get a receipt for your room, you have to go stand in line at the desk as they do not put it under the door.

Directions: On the strip

Lizbeth7346's Profile Photo

Making Flamingo's Sweat

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 31, 2013

The Flamingo is obviously one of the older casinos on the strip. The casino itself is quite pretty and has some fun birds to look at outside (including Flamingos). I loved that there was a TV in the bathroom, however the remote holder fell off the wall at one point. Also I would prefer a door to the bathroom that actually locked and wasn't partially see through.
Overall the place wasn't that bad, until our last night there. Keep in mind that our room was on the 21st floor. Our last night there the restaurant Carlos and Charlie's was blasting music so loud we could hear it. And I mean hear it. I could tell you what songs were playing and sing along to parts of songs. Trust me, at three-ish in the morning I do not want to hear "I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE" vibrating my room.
Then when we called down to the front desk we were told that the restaurant wasn't controlled by the Casino and there wasn't really anything they could do. All we got was "Sorry."
By the end, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

Unique Quality: Connected to a Margarita Ville that had an AMAZING Portobello mushroom Burger.

Directions: On the Strip.

HarryW14's Profile Photo

Never Again

by written on June 14, 2012

I have never in my life been to a hotel that will charge you for every little extra you can imagine. $15 a day for internet/wi-fi access and $10 a day for access to the gym. If you are on vacation for 4 days, do the math, it adds up quick. And you pretty much need wi-fi access because neither me nor my wife could get a cell phone reception in our room even though we had windows facing outside. Wait a year and pretty soon they will charge you for towels, the pool, and cleaning your room. Oh, and this was our honeymoon, which the hotel did NOTHING special or comp'd us anything on our special occasion.

Unique Quality: Bring lots of money, you will need it.

Directions: The Strip

STAY ELSEWHERE!!

by written on October 18, 2011

I could make this review go on for 500+ words, all would be negative, but I will just say that after 30+ years of being a loyal Flamingo guest and Rewards member, this was my last stay. I stayed from Oct.4-12. The best thing was the Go room upgrade for nothing. After that, this was the worst! Customer service could care less. Management is just as bad. Employees all agreed with me and told me stories of how bad this place has gotten. My advise is stay anywhere else but here.

Unique Quality: Location is good!! That's it!!!!

Very poor service

by written on July 14, 2010

Having recently decided to do our first trip to Vegas I felt strong enough over the terrible standard in service to write a review. It was supposed to be a 2 night stay to enjoy all Vegas has to offer. The hotel spoilt the trip.
We stayed at The Flamingo Hotel on the strip which turned out a huge dissapointment. If you enjoy standing in line for everything or waiting around for service, then this is the place for you.
We stood in line an hour to check in and then waited 45 minutes for our luggage to be delivered to our room.
As we had tickets booked for a show we tried to get something to eat before hand. After trying 4 restaurants and been told we had 45 minute wait for each one we gave up on that idea.
We had booked tickets to see the Donny and Marie Osmond show.
The show itself was marvelous and I would highly recomend this talented duo's show but having arrived 40 minutes before the start and ordering a bottle of champagne at $120 plus tax , we then waited an hour for the champagne to arrive after complaining twice.
By the time we got our pre show drinks we were 15 minutes into the show.
Having left the theatre we then went to our room to order room service. We rang down to room service to ask for a menu as we hadn't had one supplied to the room. The menu arrived 45 minutes later and then when we tried to ring again to order food we were then told it would be at least an hour delay. We only wanted a simple burger!
The general attitude of most of the staff when being served was very poor. The worst I have experienced anywhere in the World and if we dared to complain we got a total lack of sympathy from the staff and a complaint form shoved towards us.
This hotels staff only put a smile on thier face when the expected tip for service is offered to them.
I would not recomend this hotel to any travellers to Vegas.

deweyhughie's Profile Photo

Incompetent management

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 31, 2009

Check in went smooth. I get to my room on the 19th floor and the first thing I see is wet towels laying on the floor all around the toilet. Nice. I walk into the main room to call the front desk and the beds aren't made and the garbage can is overflowing! Nice. Call the front desk - they will send someone up with keys for a new room. Thank you. New room is on the 18th floor and it's ok. Old, a little beat up, beds absolutely suck (just a mattress on a metal spring structure), but it's clean and it will work.

Just get all my stuff put away and am getting ready to go to bed and someone is jiggling at my door trying to get in. I looks out the peep hole and it is a group of elderly foreigners. I yell out to them you got the wrong room. Apparently, they don't understand English. Whatever - I've got the deadbolt flipped over, they're not getting in. I get undressed and crawl in bed. About 5 minutes later, security comes busting into the room! Oh! we're sorry - there must have been a mix up with the rooms! Ya think?

Two nights later, I get back to my room from a show about midnight only to find my key doesn't work! Fortunately, there is a courtesy phone right across the hall from my room. Call the front desk. "I'm showing that room as vacant" the clerk says! "The room better not be vacant, all my stuff is in there and I've been staying in it the last 2 nights!" So they ask my name - "I'm showing you in room such and such (my original room on the 19th floor!)." Long story short, I spoke to a manager and asked if they are intentionally running the most incompetent hotel I have ever stayed at. She sent a security guard up to get me in my room and gave me a $50 meal credit at any of the hotel restaurants for my trouble. She says, "Just charge it to your room, but tell the restaurant to call us and we will take care of it." Fine.

The next morning, we started the day off by using up the $50 credit for breakfast. Yes - using it up - and then some! 3 people for breakfast - $63! I explain what happened to the cashier and that I have this $50 credit coming - she seemed very knowledgeable about how this works and assured me it would be handled correctly. Good. A few hours later, I return to my room and there is a message on my phone. "Please come to the front desk to take care of the $50 charge on your room." To say I had reached the Zenith of my anger with the Flamingo at this point would be a horrendous understatement! I called the front desk again, immediately asked for the manager and she assured me this charge would be removed - which it was.

In the end, they took care of things, but why did they happen in the first place? Either management here is incompetent or non-existent. There are much better places to stay in Vegas.

Directions: Strip - across from Ceaser's Palace

Flamingo Rip-off at any price

by written on November 9, 2009

A rip off at any price! The window was broken spoiling the view to the fountain at Caesar's (room 11088), room noise (band) kept us up until 3:00 a.m. with constant base boom boom sound, the shower was broken - the water came out of the shower and the spout, instead of one or the other, the bathroom was very small, cleaners were still not finished at 3:00 p.m. when we left the room at 9:00 a.m., lamp bulbs were broken, service attitude in the snack shop was awful, the cost for two orders of fish and chips with two diet cokes was $45.00! Others in our party were so unhappy with the noise in their room they insisted on another, and spent time to make a move to a quieter room. The ironing board was worthless. The best thing about the entire place: fast elevators. Other hotels we've stayed in are fabulous for about the same price in order of excellence, at the top would be the Venetian, the Rio, Monte Carlo. I would never consider this hotel again.

Directions: Las Vegas Strip

riorich55's Profile Photo

Hotel with Longest Strip Tenure

by written on April 29, 2009

We recently stayed 4 nights at the Flamingo while attending a wedding which was also at the Flamingo. We checked in at around 4:30 p.m. on a Friday afternoon and only needed to stand in line for about 5 minutes. I had read that there was an airport check-in but did not see it when we arrived. Other times throughout the 4 days we were there the check out line seemed to be quite long. The good thing is that they do have a queue area so that everyone gets served in the order of arrival (of course if you are a frequent guest you can skip this queue as they have there own special area.

We had a room on the 12th floor which overlooked part of the garden and pool area and part of the casino roof. I was surprised at the overall size of the room. It was very roomy with a king size bed, sofa, sofa table, and a chair. An older TV, but it worked just fine. The bathroom was standard size, nothing glitzy, but so what? The odd thing about Las Vegas hotel rooms is the lack of coffee pots in the rooms themselves. I suppose they want guests to spend money downstairs at the restaurant or coffee shop.

Housekeeping service was very efficient, but again we really don't need a lot of cleaning up in our room. I was surprised and actually disappointed that they changed sheets and towels each day instead of doing what more and more hotels are doing nowadays to keep up with the green effect. It would be a cost savings for them and ease my conscience.

No in room internet service, but $5 internet service in the lobby areas.

Unique Quality: The indoor wedding chapel we were at for the wedding was nice and we could actually view the wedding again (all 10 minutes of it) when we got home. The pools and garden area at the Flamingo are probably their top draw. It was nice to walk around the garden area and since the weather in late April was in the upper 70's the weather was just perfect (for me at least.)

Directions: Corner of Las Vegas Blvd (aka "The Strip") and Flamingo

joiwatani's Profile Photo

The Flamingo Hotel

by written on April 11, 2009

Right now, there is the Danny and Marie, the Osmond siblings, are performing at the Flamingo Hotel- which was just recently renovated. The building right now fronting the strip can post huge video posters of their performers.

Flamingo Hotel is one of the oldest hotels in Las Vegas and to date, the hotel has gone to many facelifts and renovations. It looks great at the front! The flaming flowers and the neon lights are still there, famous for Flamingo Hotel..

Unique Quality: One of the historical hotels in Las Vegas. This hotel is one of the longest hotel in operation in Las Vegas.

The neon lights of Flamingo Hotel are very spectacular...

Directions: You can't miss it. It's at the Strip.

Yaqui's Profile Photo

Old Glamour

by written on June 23, 2008

Never stayed here, but had some friends who have. Well, lets say you get what you pay for at times. Some people said it was just ok. Yet, it still has that old Vegas glitz and all the vices that go with it. Yet, it’s nicely located centrally on the strip too. Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel, named his hotel the Flamingo after his girl friend, Virginia Hill.

A 3,626 room hotel with 77,000 square feet Casino
The Flamingo Las Vegas Wildlife Habitat features live African penguins and Chilean flamingos.
A 15-acre pool area with three pools and a Jacuzzi.
Many Shops
Each room has a phone jack for dial-up internet access.
Wheelchair accessible rooms
No RV parking and no Pets allowed
Seven-story parking garage.
Amenities: Air conditioning, in-room safe, on-command movies, remote-controlled cable TV, hair dryer, iron, radio, alarm clock, electronic door locks, desk, telephone and voice mail.
Tennis club, Dollar-Rent-a-Car desk, beauty salon and barber shop, concierge, currency exchange, luggage, maid and room service, safety deposit box and wake-up call.
Check-in time: 3 p.m.
Check-out time: 12 p.m.

ciaran12's Profile Photo

Hotel on the strip

by written on March 29, 2008

The Flamingo was a brilliant hotel!
The facilities were amazing, A huge Swimming pool & some smaller ones with water slides going into them, loads of shops inside it, a mini zoo and it had its own Monorail stop. The Breakfast was a bit to expensive, but overall a brilliant hotel. I highly reccomend it.

Unique Quality: Again the Pool was amazing and if your lucky like I was youll get a window view of the strip, you can see Caesars Palace, Planet Hollywood and thats just to name a few

Directions: On the Strip

Flamingo - GREAT location / VERY clean

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 28, 2008

We stayed at the Flamingo last year while attending a get-together in Vegas. We were there several nights and couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel is one of the less expensive options and its center-strip location is great. It was an easy walk to Ceasar's or Bellagio and we spent a lot of time at the bar in front of Harrahs! We had a lovely view of the air conditioning compressors on the roof, but how much time do you spend looking out the window of your hotel room while in Vegas?

Unique Quality: The pool area is gorgeous, but we ended up being too busy to ever make use of it. We did walk around the animal habitat, which was nice. The restaruants were okay. One day we got great service, the next, not so great. We found the buffet to be over-priced for what you got, but I will admit that we stopped in very late.

Check it out - this hotel changes the bedspread every time a guest checks out. That bed is 100% freshly washed when you move into the room. It's a very clean hotel.

Directions: Center strip - a perfect location.

doug48's Profile Photo

better

by written on January 19, 2008

the flamingo is one of the oldest and most historic hotels on the las vegas strip. it has been renovated and expanded over the years. today it is a high rise resort hotel like most of the hotels on the strip. like it's neighbors it has all of the amenities of a first class resort hotel.

Directions: the strip, (las vegas blvd).

Location..Location

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 14, 2007

This is dead center of the strip. The hotel is great for everyone...from adults to kids...yes I said kids. The pool area while crowded is safe! No don't think you can leave the kids..but they can wander throughout the pool area without constant supervision. Contrary to other posters you can find a chaise or two together most of the time. You just have to look. The slide area is fun for all ages and not at all dangerous. As for the hotel itself....We stayed comped for 5 days in a GO Room...alas did not have the view of the strip but who cares the view of the mountains on the other side was very relaxing. The GO Room is great for kids in their teens...aka. they can sleep late while you play as the hotel itself is very safe and confined. The casino is lots of fun and there are tables and slots for every pocketbook. I did win a substantial amount on penny slots...yes i said penny slots but the max coin in is like $5 but I am glad I had that amount in when I hit. If you are looking for $5 tables go next door to either O'shea's or Bills Gamblin Hall where there is fun all night long. The restaurants are fine...nothing special...just good...if you are looking for fast food....Burger King is next door at O'Sheas...think cheap kids comfort food.
I would not stay anywhere else...that is a big statement because Vegas is well.....Vegas...but the Flamingo is comfortable...not expensive and fun..what more could you ask for.....????

Nearby Flamingo Las Vegas

• Casino
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews