3555 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

See Amenities
HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

The Flamingo

by written on May 27, 2005

when we stayed here in '96 it was still one of the fairly more expensive places to stay. These days, it's quite a bit more affordable and still a great place to stay. Concierge was very professional and hospitable and anything we needed was taken care of in a timely and professional manner.

Unique Quality: We had an excellent view from our room, facing the strip. One of the best things about our hotel was the pool. A large, relaxing pool with palm trees lining the center, we enjoyed our relaxation time. The fountain with the flamingoes in the garden was a nice sight to see.
Also, you can't beat the location of this hotel.

Directions: Right on the strip, across from Caesar's Palace

PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

An old and classy joint

by written on March 25, 2005

The Flamingo is nestled in a great location mid strip with easy access to Ballys, the Bellagio, and Caesar's. Check-in was fast on a weekday afternoon, but the small check-in area would concern me for peak hours. Staff was friendly. The room was large and clean, but the carpet and bedding was starting to show signs of it's age. The casino is large, with plenty of machines, but table minimums have crept up over the years. The pool is huge and well maintained. Restaurants on site are good choices, but you may want to hit a buffet elsewhere.

Prices have been down in recent years, making this a great option for those on any budget.

Unique Quality: The grounds of the Flamingo have several cool things to check out. There's a free exterior mini-zoo area where you can check out a number of exotic birds (including flamingos). Walk past this area to check out their wedding chapel and a few monuments to Bugsy Segal.

Directions: Mid-strip

juliagrammer's Profile Photo

One of the best pools on the strip

by written on March 18, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Flamingo two years ago on our first trip to Vegas. Check-in at the airport was so much nicer than standing in line at the hotel. The walk to our room was rather long from the the entrance of the hotel and the hallways smelled a bit funky. If you've seen Fear and Loathing you'll recognize the green floral carpeting. We booked a standard room and were pleasently suprised to see that we had a great view of the pools and gardens below. The room was clean and a decent size but nothing special. Who cares what the room looks like anyway? You're in Vegas, baby! The pools were great. Complete with waterfalls, water slide, palm trees, and abundant sunning space. I spent a lot of time there with drink in hand. The buffet was okay. We had dinner there the first night. Tip* Don't spend the extra money for the lobster. It was chewy and nearly flavorless. The breakfast buffet was better. We ate at the Japanese restaurant for my birthday and enjoyed watching the chef prepare our meals right in front of us. I think my husband ate nearly an entire bowl of wasabi. Ouch! The server was quite entertained. I can't remember the name of the place but I believe it was a chain found elsewhere in Vegas. Don't see Bottoms Up. A lot of lame sexually suggestive jokes and mediocre dance routines.

Unique Quality: Great pool!

Directions: The strip

Nice and clean and all rooms renovated!

by written on March 6, 2005

All the rooms or at least most of the rooms were already renovated. Bathrooms were good enough size if you are used to a standard bathroom. But if you live the millionare life style they would be small compared to yours. Casino is easy to navigate. Place is clean and staff is friendly. Dont know much about pool area as it was closed when I was there. Would stay again.

rsilva's Profile Photo

Great location

by written on February 18, 2005

After talking to some american colleagues at work, I was recommended this hotel as being affordable and very central. I was not dissapointed.

We arrived and had someone come up to us immediately to park the cark for us. I did not know it at the time but it was free for guests.
I had heard a lot about the long check-in queues, but we waited less than 10 minutes which is really nothing. I guess we were lucky (we arrived at around 16.00) as there were many more people when we came back down after unpacking.

The person at the front desk was not very friendly, so when I asked for a room with a view, I was expecting to get the closet under the stairs, after all, I had only paid $75 for a double room. I was wrong, we actually got a room with a nice view over the strip (see picture) on a high floor (13-14, I can't remember).

The room was more than appropriate, it had high-speed internet access (for $9.95), two queen beds (I had asked for a king, but was told I had to wait about an hour to get one as there was none available) and even a safe.

Location is great! Right in the center of the "Strip", in front of Caesar's Palace and next to Bally's and Paris.

Check-out was a breeze, no queue at all.

I have two minor complaints, however.
- The elevators/lifts take a very long time to arrive and at least twice, were dirty (juice and ice-cream on the floor).
- In the morning (around 9 A.M), the maids started cleaning the rooms and made more noise than I have ever heard. They were yelling at each other, for at least 2 hours! That was extremely annoying (specially, because we had gone to sleep at 5 A.M.)

So, basically, what you get is a great location, excellent price (if you can get a deal like I did - this was actually one of the cheapest hotel we stayed in during our 2-week US trip) and a "no-frills", but very efficient service.

I would stay here again.

Unique Quality: Location, price.

See the Garden

by written on February 14, 2005

I never actually stayed at this hotel. I have visited it a few time and attended a conference here.

Unique Quality: The garden is wonderful with the penguins and flamingos.

Directions: On the Stirp

jmhenry1123's Profile Photo

Flamingo

by written on November 12, 2004

A good budget hotel located on the center of the strip.

To be honest we only were really there to sleep. I got an upgrade on the room from a standard to an executive suite.

Unique Quality: The hotel does have flamingos and penguins. The pool area is supposed to be nice but was closed for the season.

Nice hotel

by written on October 8, 2004

Good location just on the strip opposite Ceasers Place.
Can be very busy at times so be prepared to queue just to check in.

Rooms very nice and comfortable. Depending on the view you can possible see the Bellagio fountains (my favourite part of Vegas)

Loby is always busy and if you need help with anything the concierge is hard to find.

Restaurants are nice, buffet is good to fill up for the day but can be quite busy so be prepared to wiat for that as well.
Also is a wee deli type restaurant if you want something basic.

Unique Quality: Nice big pool with great surrounding scenery. Have to go early to book a sun lounger though as it is busy.

If you're into slot-machines

by written on August 16, 2004

If you're into slot-machines this is one of the places to go. But I was there for a trade fair and the several hundreds or more ringing and rattling and flashing machines drove me crazy in the continuously long lines in front of check-in. As a European I would have expected more card-game or roulette tables, which you do find in the more glamorous names next door. The walkway to the rooms can be very long and only the wide corridors prevent you from falling over the empty room-service trays in front of all the doors, which makes the whole place smell a little of several years of cold food and gravys. The hotel was still a Hilton at the time but I doubt this custom has changed. The room itself was unexciting but big. Considering the rates in Vegas all being subsidized by the casinos, I can't deny it was even value for money, but definitely would look for a similar rate somewhere else next time.

Unique Quality: The Flamingo has it's own wedding chapel!
Certainly I counted and checked all my fingers every morning!

Low season crowdsPool is only for Very Early Birds

by written on July 25, 2004

Our plan was have a low cost, fun trip to a place we'd never been before. We figured that mid week, low season in Las Vegas might be fun. We chose the Flamingo because the price and location were right, and because it was listed as having one of the 10 best pools in Vegas. While we did have a good time, at relatively low cost, we made a few discoveries that would have been helpful to know beforehand. First—low season is a relative term there! I have never seen such crowds anywhere. We were amazed every time we walked through the lobby of the Flamingo, noon or midnight or 2 am, that there were constant lines at the registration desk. Well, you only register once, but these lines evolved into lines everywhere else—the snack bar, taxi lines, etc.
The room was plenty big for 2 moms and 2 teens. Housekeeping and room condition were excellent. We asked for and got an even-numbered room on the 19th floor in the tower that overlooks the Bellagio fountains and the Strip.. Odd numbered rooms overlook the pool.

Unique Quality: Excellent location, Size of the room was ample for 2 moms and 2 teenage girls. We took advice from this and other sites, and asked for a room in the tower overlooking the Bellagio Fountains, and enjoyed the dancing waters every half hour or so from our 19th floor room.

Our plan was to sit by the pool for several hours each day, and eat/explore/go to afternoon shows during the middle of the day, take a late afternoon nap, and then go out for more eating/exploring and shows. We went out to the pool the first day, at about 10 am. It was a sea of people—chaises pushed together so tightly; you couldn’t get a piece of paper between them. Every single chaise and postage stamp of bare concrete was occupied. I asked one of the towel attendants what time you needed to get there to get a chaise. She said that the pool opens at 8 am, that the workers arrive at 7, and that there is a long line of people lined up when they arrive. I asked when the crowds thin out; she said it gets a little less crowded after 3 pm. Okay, we thought, we’ll just flip the morning swim and afternoon “explore” times. We went down to the pool at 3:30 (grownups only, the kids wanted to sleep/watch TV). Yes, we found two chaises, but the daily ”pool party” made the pool a pretty raucous place to sit. Scratch the pool part of our trip (probably the part I was most looking forward to, coming from cool, rainy Boston.

Directions: The Strip

Eszter's Profile Photo

On the Strip

by written on June 16, 2004

The Flamingo Hilton, located on the famous Las Vegas Strip, has altogether 2330 slot machines, 98 table games, and many other games.
Besides entertainment, the hotel offers an array of culinary experiences in one of its ten restaurants. Actually, in the Paradise Garden Buffet, you can get an All You Can Eat buffet dinner for mere ten dollars.
By the way, the hotel has more than 3500 rooms, and even the double rooms are as huge as nowhere else in the world.

goingsolo's Profile Photo

Flamingo Hotel

by written on June 15, 2004

Unique Quality: The Flamingo has an outdoor garden area in the back with live flamingos and other birds. If it wasn't so hot, this would be a great place to get off the Vegas fast track and relax for a bit.

Bernd_L's Profile Photo

Real nostalgia

by written on June 10, 2004

Flamingo hotel and casino is one of the oldest hotel in the city. Still built by Bugsy Siegel this hotel is a legend.

kala6487's Profile Photo

by written on March 28, 2004

I stayed there for a conference in March, 2004. Although this is one of the older hotels on the strip, they have sunk some money into the hotel. Some of the rooms have been renovated nicely - make sure to ask for one of those. The conference center also looks newly renovated and is huge!

The casino and restaurants are just average. I only grabbed a couple of quick bites from Lindy's coffeeshop when I didn't have time to go anywhere else.

Make sure to check out the pool area.

mapakettle's Profile Photo

Great Flamingos and penguins

by written on March 7, 2004

Unless you occupy a room in the 'new' tower section, you will believe you are in a basic Holiday Inn room.

Food is mediocre, and the buffets are....not very good.

Gambling is great, good machines, fairly loose slots, and I'm always a winner here.

Unique Quality: The pool is fantastic, especially the surrounding grounds. Exotic wildlife walking free everywhere, and they are well looked after.

Nearby Flamingo Las Vegas

• Casino
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews