3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• juliagrammer's Profile Photo

One of the best pools on the strip

My husband and I stayed at the Flamingo two years ago on our first trip to Vegas. Check-in at the airport was so much nicer than standing in line at the hotel. The walk to our room was rather long from the the entrance of the hotel and the hallways smelled a bit funky. If you've seen Fear and Loathing you'll recognize the green floral carpeting. We booked a standard room and were pleasently suprised to see that we had a great view of the pools and gardens below. The room was clean and a decent size but nothing special. Who cares what the room looks like anyway? You're in Vegas, baby! The pools were great. Complete with waterfalls, water slide, palm trees, and abundant sunning space. I spent a lot of time there with drink in hand. The buffet was okay. We had dinner there the first night. Tip* Don't spend the extra money for the lobster. It was chewy and nearly flavorless. The breakfast buffet was better. We ate at the Japanese restaurant for my birthday and enjoyed watching the chef prepare our meals right in front of us. I think my husband ate nearly an entire bowl of wasabi. Ouch! The server was quite entertained. I can't remember the name of the place but I believe it was a chain found elsewhere in Vegas. Don't see Bottoms Up. A lot of lame sexually suggestive jokes and mediocre dance routines.

Unique Quality: Great pool!

Directions: The strip

• Nice and clean and all rooms renovated!

All the rooms or at least most of the rooms were already renovated. Bathrooms were good enough size if you are used to a standard bathroom. But if you live the millionare life style they would be small compared to yours. Casino is easy to navigate. Place is clean and staff is friendly. Dont know much about pool area as it was closed when I was there. Would stay again.

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Great location

After talking to some american colleagues at work, I was recommended this hotel as being affordable and very central. I was not dissapointed.

We arrived and had someone come up to us immediately to park the cark for us. I did not know it at the time but it was free for guests.
    I had heard a lot about the long check-in queues, but we waited less than 10 minutes which is really nothing. I guess we were lucky (we arrived at around 16.00) as there were many more people when we came back down after unpacking.

The person at the front desk was not very friendly, so when I asked for a room with a view, I was expecting to get the closet under the stairs, after all, I had only paid $75 for a double room. I was wrong, we actually got a room with a nice view over the strip (see picture) on a high floor (13-14, I can't remember).

The room was more than appropriate, it had high-speed internet access (for $9.95), two queen beds (I had asked for a king, but was told I had to wait about an hour to get one as there was none available) and even a safe.

Location is great! Right in the center of the "Strip", in front of Caesar's Palace and next to Bally's and Paris.

Check-out was a breeze, no queue at all.

I have two minor complaints, however.
    - The elevators/lifts take a very long time to arrive and at least twice, were dirty (juice and ice-cream on the floor).
    - In the morning (around 9 A.M), the maids started cleaning the rooms and made more noise than I have ever heard. They were yelling at each other, for at least 2 hours! That was extremely annoying (specially, because we had gone to sleep at 5 A.M.)

So, basically, what you get is a great location, excellent price (if you can get a deal like I did - this was actually one of the cheapest hotel we stayed in during our 2-week US trip) and a "no-frills", but very efficient service.

I would stay here again.

Unique Quality: Location, price.

• See the Garden

I never actually stayed at this hotel. I have visited it a few time and attended a conference here.

Unique Quality: The garden is wonderful with the penguins and flamingos.

Directions: On the Stirp

• jmhenry1123's Profile Photo

Flamingo

A good budget hotel located on the center of the strip.

To be honest we only were really there to sleep. I got an upgrade on the room from a standard to an executive suite.

Unique Quality: The hotel does have flamingos and penguins. The pool area is supposed to be nice but was closed for the season.

• Nice hotel

Good location just on the strip opposite Ceasers Place.
    Can be very busy at times so be prepared to queue just to check in.

Rooms very nice and comfortable. Depending on the view you can possible see the Bellagio fountains (my favourite part of Vegas)

Loby is always busy and if you need help with anything the concierge is hard to find.

Restaurants are nice, buffet is good to fill up for the day but can be quite busy so be prepared to wiat for that as well.
    Also is a wee deli type restaurant if you want something basic.

Unique Quality: Nice big pool with great surrounding scenery. Have to go early to book a sun lounger though as it is busy.

• If you're into slot-machines

If you're into slot-machines this is one of the places to go. But I was there for a trade fair and the several hundreds or more ringing and rattling and flashing machines drove me crazy in the continuously long lines in front of check-in. As a European I would have expected more card-game or roulette tables, which you do find in the more glamorous names next door. The walkway to the rooms can be very long and only the wide corridors prevent you from falling over the empty room-service trays in front of all the doors, which makes the whole place smell a little of several years of cold food and gravys. The hotel was still a Hilton at the time but I doubt this custom has changed. The room itself was unexciting but big. Considering the rates in Vegas all being subsidized by the casinos, I can't deny it was even value for money, but definitely would look for a similar rate somewhere else next time.

Unique Quality: The Flamingo has it's own wedding chapel!
    Certainly I counted and checked all my fingers every morning!

• Low season crowdsPool is only for Very Early Birds

Our plan was have a low cost, fun trip to a place we'd never been before. We figured that mid week, low season in Las Vegas might be fun. We chose the Flamingo because the price and location were right, and because it was listed as having one of the 10 best pools in Vegas. While we did have a good time, at relatively low cost, we made a few discoveries that would have been helpful to know beforehand. First—low season is a relative term there! I have never seen such crowds anywhere. We were amazed every time we walked through the lobby of the Flamingo, noon or midnight or 2 am, that there were constant lines at the registration desk. Well, you only register once, but these lines evolved into lines everywhere else—the snack bar, taxi lines, etc.
    The room was plenty big for 2 moms and 2 teens. Housekeeping and room condition were excellent. We asked for and got an even-numbered room on the 19th floor in the tower that overlooks the Bellagio fountains and the Strip.. Odd numbered rooms overlook the pool.

Unique Quality: Excellent location, Size of the room was ample for 2 moms and 2 teenage girls. We took advice from this and other sites, and asked for a room in the tower overlooking the Bellagio Fountains, and enjoyed the dancing waters every half hour or so from our 19th floor room.

Our plan was to sit by the pool for several hours each day, and eat/explore/go to afternoon shows during the middle of the day, take a late afternoon nap, and then go out for more eating/exploring and shows. We went out to the pool the first day, at about 10 am. It was a sea of people—chaises pushed together so tightly; you couldn’t get a piece of paper between them. Every single chaise and postage stamp of bare concrete was occupied. I asked one of the towel attendants what time you needed to get there to get a chaise. She said that the pool opens at 8 am, that the workers arrive at 7, and that there is a long line of people lined up when they arrive. I asked when the crowds thin out; she said it gets a little less crowded after 3 pm. Okay, we thought, we’ll just flip the morning swim and afternoon “explore” times. We went down to the pool at 3:30 (grownups only, the kids wanted to sleep/watch TV). Yes, we found two chaises, but the daily ”pool party” made the pool a pretty raucous place to sit. Scratch the pool part of our trip (probably the part I was most looking forward to, coming from cool, rainy Boston.

Directions: The Strip

• Eszter's Profile Photo

On the Strip

The Flamingo Hilton, located on the famous Las Vegas Strip, has altogether 2330 slot machines, 98 table games, and many other games.
    Besides entertainment, the hotel offers an array of culinary experiences in one of its ten restaurants. Actually, in the Paradise Garden Buffet, you can get an All You Can Eat buffet dinner for mere ten dollars.
    By the way, the hotel has more than 3500 rooms, and even the double rooms are as huge as nowhere else in the world.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Flamingo Hotel

Unique Quality: The Flamingo has an outdoor garden area in the back with live flamingos and other birds. If it wasn't so hot, this would be a great place to get off the Vegas fast track and relax for a bit.

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo

Real nostalgia

Flamingo hotel and casino is one of the oldest hotel in the city. Still built by Bugsy Siegel this hotel is a legend.

• kala6487's Profile Photo

Flamingo Las Vegas

I stayed there for a conference in March, 2004. Although this is one of the older hotels on the strip, they have sunk some money into the hotel. Some of the rooms have been renovated nicely - make sure to ask for one of those. The conference center also looks newly renovated and is huge!

The casino and restaurants are just average. I only grabbed a couple of quick bites from Lindy's coffeeshop when I didn't have time to go anywhere else.

Make sure to check out the pool area.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Great Flamingos and penguins

Unless you occupy a room in the 'new' tower section, you will believe you are in a basic Holiday Inn room.

Food is mediocre, and the buffets are....not very good.

Gambling is great, good machines, fairly loose slots, and I'm always a winner here.

Unique Quality: The pool is fantastic, especially the surrounding grounds. Exotic wildlife walking free everywhere, and they are well looked after.

• lilbunnygirl's Profile Photo

Give It a Chance!

Everyone gives the Flamingo a bad rap. After I told people we'd booked a weekend there, most of them made comments about how it was old and run down and not very nice at all.

But the price was right and the location was ideal, so I kept our reservation and went in with low expectations.

I don't know what Flamingo those people were talking about! The one I stayed in was quite grand! Our room was huge, I loved the bright coloured decorations, and the floor to ceiling windows overlooking Caesar's Palace made for very romantic night views.

My only complaint would be that the restaurants are not very good, but you're on the corner of Flamingo and The Strip, you're not hurting for good restaurants, yeah?

Unique Quality: The gardens (complete with flamingos of course, also ducks and penguins) are beautiful, and while the pool may not be as lavish as some, it's still perfectly nice.

If you can get a strip view, especially from a high floor, it's awesome. The standard rooms are quite spacious, and I love the brightly coloured tropical decorating scheme.

Directions: The southeast corner of Flamingo & The Strip, the driveway is off Flamingo.

• Great place to stay in Vegas

The Flamingo turned out to be a great place to stay. I got a great rate through one of their specials and was pleasantly surprised to see that the room was very nice. The hotel itself is right in the middle of the best part of the strip. The place is bustling 24 hours a day, so this won't be the place for you if you like quiet and subdued. Check in was easy and quick, and so was check out. The casino itself was a good size, and their Connection card can be used at a bunch of other casinos. Pool area was really nice.

On the downside, the safe in the room was very expensive, and so was making calls from the room. I got around this by using my cell phone only. The Italian restaurant in the hotel is not worth the money at all. The buffet was very good though.

Unique Quality: Great location, great pool, nice casino

Flamingo Hotel RestaurantFlamingo Hotel Restaurant

Vegas In October 2005

by adp1

Hi
Is there any reason for not visiting Las Vegas between 21st October to 31st October 2005. Things like School Vacations, Conventions etc etc.Also what`s the temperature like for this period
Your comments would be very much appreciated.
Happy Christmas and all the best for 2005.
Alan

Re: Vegas In October 2005

by Dumpymotel

Weather is very comfortable in Oct.
And here are the scheduled conventions

METALCON INTERNATIONAL LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER 10/20/2004 10/22/2004
# People 8500

INSTITUTE OF INTERNAL AUDITORS FLAMINGO LAS VEGAS 10/22/2004 10/29/2004
# People 167

NATIONAL ONE COAT STUCCO ASSOCIATION MIRAGE, THE 10/22/2004 10/25/2004
# People 75

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TEMPLE ADMINISTRATORS (NATA) EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE JW MARRIOTT LAS VEGAS 10/23/2004 10/27/2004
# People 180

AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ANESTHESIOLOGISTS LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER 10/23/2004 10/27/2004
# People 16000

NORTHWEST IMAGING FORUMS LUXOR HOTEL AND CASINO 10/25/2004 10/27/2004 300

SUNGARD WORLD MANDALAY BAY RESORT AND CASINO 10/25/2004 10/28/2004 1500

INTERNATIONAL WOMENS FORUM BELLAGIO 10/25/2004 10/28/2004 1200

COUNTRY KITCHEN INTERNATIONAL LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER 10/26/2004 10/26/2004 300

AMERICAN LITERARY TRANSLATORS ASSOCIATION ALEXIS PARK RESORT AND SPA 10/26/2004 10/31/2004 200

AMERICAN PAYROLL ASSOCIATION - PREPARING FOR YEAR END FLAMINGO LAS VEGAS 10/27/2004 10/28/2004 140

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION REBUILDERS ASSOCIATION - ATRA TRANSMISSIONS 2002 EXPO RIO ALL-SUITE CASINO RESORT 10/27/2004 10/31/2004 3800

LAS VEGAS ANTIQUE ARMS SHOW RIVIERA HOTEL AND CASINO 10/28/2004 10/30/2004 3000

ASSOCIATED GENERAL CONTRACTORS OF AMERICA, INC. CAESARS PALACE 10/28/2004 10/29/2004 350

AUTOMOTIVE PARTS REBUILDERS ASSOCIATION INTERNATIONAL BIG R SHOW 10/29/2004 11/1/2004 4000

Re: Re: Vegas In October 2005

by adp1

Thanks for your reply and the info.
Best regards.