Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa Las Vegas / Henderson

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• simontaimes's Profile Photo

Love walking around this casino

In and out there's a lot to do and see at the Green Valley Ranch casino. When I come to Vegas I make it a point to stop by. It's one of my favorite locals casino's. Very nice movie theatre that I've taken my grand kids to. Great food all over the place too!!!

• Great Resort Going to Seed?

Four of us ladies traveled by car to Green Valley Ranch Resort Oct 5th thru the 8th. We booked two rooms, when we made reservations we got the SPA discount rate of $100 per night plus a spa package credit of $100. Sounds like a great deal huh........well it seems only the computer and I knew about the deal because we were charged $102 for a 25 minute foot rub. The front desk took the charge off the bill but charged us $130 for our 3rd night stay and a $17 SPA Services charge. Green Valley Ranch has a beautiful pool area, unfortuniately the pool was NOT heated and the lounge covers were filthy. The rooms were not made up until after 4:00 each day and the concerige directed us to the wrong hotel to see the musical Menopause and did not make dinner reservations for us a P F Changs. On the whole I cannot recommend this hotel, it is a pity because it could be lovely. I sent an e-mail to the hotel today about the incorrect charges but have heard nothing as yet.

Unique Quality: Beautiful pool---------UNUSABLE due to no heat and filthy lounge covers.

OUTSTANDING BELLMAN---------Chuck

• wheellw's Profile Photo

Great off strip resort

Although I am a local, occasionally I get the opportunity to stay at a hotel. A friend was visiting and we decided to have a mini vacation. Green Valley Ranch is a very nice hotel with all of the amenities. When you enter the lobby you are struck by what is missing. That would be slot machines. This may be the only hotel in Las Vegas where the hotel part is completely seperate from the casino. The lobby is a beautifully decorated, peaceful place. The rooms are also beautiful. But what I really liked about the room is that it was very restful and quiet. I didn't hear any outside noise. The bed was super soft with a down comforter. The curtains completely blocked out the light, which is important in Vegas since you are often trying to sleep in the daytime.

If you are looking for a place to come and play and stay and be off the strip, this could be a good choice for you. The strip is still very easy to access, maybe about 10 minutes by car.

Unique Quality: I love the pool. It has a cosmopolitan design with a walk in beach. The grounds have gardens and even a vineyard. There are bridges and waterfalls and cabanas if you are so inclined. In addition, there is a nice spa, and although I have not been there, I have heard it is a good one.

The attached casino has everything a gambler would need. I personally enjoy all the restaurants and the movie theaters. Adjacent to the resort is The District, which is a very nice outdoor shopping area (check my shopping link). There are additional restaurants here. They are all very good.

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Child Friendly!

Hello There!

"Quiet" and "Vegas" you very rarely see in the same sentence, but there are some lovely places to try out that are kid-friendly, safe, and on the quieter side.

1.) Green Valley Ranch is new, off the strip, and has many features including great restaurants, shopping, and an awesome spa. Minutes from the strip and Lake Mead. www.GreenValleyRanchResort.com

2.) Red Rock Hotel and Casino. Also located off the strip, with a great pool and smaller scale than some of the Mega-Casinos. Features "Kids Quest"....a maze and play structure for the kids for 35 different activities, as well as movie theater, bowling alley, and video game arcade. Kids love it, and parents need it! www.RedRockLasVegas.com

Good Luck!

• Beautiful Hotel/Great Food/Gambling-Not so Hot

Stayed here Jan 6-9th, 2007. My husband was here for business. The hotel is beautiful, the grounds gorgeous. It was to cold to enjoy the pool areas, but they are nice.

The shopping/dining next to the casino/hotel at the District is nice, as is the hotel movie theater. The casino is nice, but quite tight. The room was gorgeous, comfortable bed. The martini bar is a nice touch. Separate tub and shower. Shelving in the bathroom is great. Upscale amenities. I can only say Fabulous things about the hotel and rooms.

The food court is great for a quick inexpensive bite. The 24 hour cafe had great food the two times I had it, with surprisingly inexpensive prices. The pastries case is awesome and very tasty indeed. Room service was very good.

The staff was very professional, pleasant and greeted me everytime I saw one of them. The housekeepers are excellent!!

We do have two complaints, however. First, when we got in our room the safe was not working. Security sent up 3 guys to work on it and after 1 1/2 hours were unable to make it function. We were changed to a room down the hall. After such a long wait, an upgrade would have definitely been in order. Not a good call on their part. We wasted precious time waiting with 3 guys in our room going over the same things over and over and over.

Second, my husband became ill with the "flu". I went to the 24 hour cafe and ordered food to bring him in our room. The main thing I ordered for him was chicken noodle soup. When I got back to our room it was not in the bag. I called down and told them and they refused to send someone to our room with it, so I, not feeling so well by now, myself, had to go all the way back down there and get it for him. Again, I believe a terrible customer service call and quite disappointing. These 2 things point out to me, that although they want to be a high end establishment, they do not have the customer service skills to warrant the award of such a designation! Too bad. A lovely place.

Unique Quality: Beautiful hotel, grounds and rooms! Wonderful Staff! Great Food!

Directions: Henderson

• cocoandsami's Profile Photo

Hidden Treasure

Green Valley Ranch is one of the Station Casino properties. It is known as a local casino, that is one where mostly locals visit. It is a fair way off the strip - about a $20 taxi ride, however, it is a lovely casino and hotel complex and well worth making the trip to stay there for a few nights or longer.

It is the Vegas style hotel, but smaller in size and the service is much more personal, and the level of service is similar to staying in the Intercontinental, Oriental, or any other 5 star hotel.

Unique Quality: THe Spa is well worth a visit. Although the treatments are not cheap, the atmosphere creates a truely relaxing experience (be warned though - when paying for a spa treatment, they will automatically add on a 20% tip - which leaves one pondering about whether a tip is really discretionary or not in this country!).

the Pool complex is also lovely with a pool, beach, cabanas and huge outdoor beds to lounge on.

Not being a gambler, i am not sure about the gaming tables, but they have a nice selection, and it is not as frantic as the casinos on the strip.

Directions: Henderson District

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

Henderson Alternative

My mother's cousin recommended Green Valley Station to family. My uncle won $20,000 out there last spring, so we had to try out luck. We drove all the way out and left after dinner because they don't have a poker table.

Unique Quality: China Spice was a good restaurant for dinner.

More about Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa Las Vegas / Henderson

Doesn't live up to American Casino

by TripAdvisor Member LarryTin

Very disappointing. My husband and I take several trips a year to Vegas, each time trying a different casino. I became hooked on American Casino and on one of our previous trips, decided to check it out. It was a nice casino. For a Christmas present my husband called and booked a room at Green Valley Ranch for three days of relaxation off the strip. Upon checkin we were told that they only had us reserved for one night (Sunday), and that Monday was overbooked, they had room on Tuesday, but they would try to straighten it out. At the time we were being checked in for that night, a lady waiting by the checkin desk came up and asked if we were getting a room. When we said yes, she became very angry. Apparently she had been waiting for a room for most of the day, and they kept giving her the run around. So the manager on duty made several calls to us to see what could be done. At first she said she could do nothing as they were full, but then she said she could honor our reservation only if we were willing to pay more that we originally booked at (my husband dealt with her and his feeling was that she considered him a liar about the reservation). Needless to say here we were trying to find a room on the strip for the next two nights, last minute. There was no help or cooperation from Green Valley Ranch. I guess you need to be a very high roller in order to get treated with some respect. I will give them a good score on their rooms and the casino. But it was by far one of the worst experiences we have had in Vegas.

nice place but......

Just returned from the Green Valley Ranch. THE CHECK-IN: some problems initially with a mix-up on our bill but they were very accomadating and fixed it immediately once we went to a clerk who knew what she was doing. We were allowed to check-in early but I did see a family with many children waiting 2 hours past check-in time for their room. THE ROOM: nicely decorated, increadibly comfortable beds with down pillows and comfortors. Clean for the most part but it looked as if someone changed their oil on the carpet. The air never did work properly but they did bring us a fan. We were awakened at approximately 6 am every morning by construction and a constant beeping of a back-hoe. We requested a non-smoking room but our room smelled very badly of smoke. Possibly it was a non-smoking room and they just have poor ventilation. THE FACILITIES: The pool closes at 8pm every night so if you like to swim at night or even sit by the pool forget it. No using the jacuzzi either- you are not even allowed to enter the area. The pool area is beautiful and has great lounge chairs. There is no good view from any room at this time as the "mountain view" and "strip view" rooms are both views of constuction. We saw security on their bikes quite often but unfortunately they did not seem to be around when there was a couple having sex on a lounge chair by the pool in full view of anyone who cared to watch. The pool attendant did not seem overly concerned. Not a good thing if you have children around. Overall I was pleased with this hotel. I don't have extremely high expectations for a $140 a night room but I did expect a bit more given all the hype I have read. The GVR is a nice escape from the hectic strip. THE FOOD: The buffet by the casino is awesome and inexpensive. All-you-can-eat crab legs and prime rib for under $20. Be sure to try the bread pudding at the hotel's Irish restaurant Fado. It was awesome. MISC: I did not gamble there so I have no comment on the casino other than it is very pretty and not too large to navigate to get to the restaurants, cinema and arcade.

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member frogs93013

Fantastic find, overall. Nice reception area. Staff are incredibly friendly, but more important, they are SMART! How refreshing to have actual thinking people working at a hotel. This meant all the interaction with staff was pleasant, but more importantly, LOGICAL, which is exactly the way it should be, but most of the time isn't. Hotel itself is lovely. Our room (executive) was large, and nicely decorated. Bathroom area smelled like smoke unless a/c was on. I am assuming that, while our room was n/s, our next door neighbors were smoking, or it was coming from above us. Otherwise, no smokey smell in other parts of the room. Be careful if you need to sleep at night if you have a room over Whiskey Bar; the bar has tables outside and it can be loud until very late at night. Casino was mostly locals, but the dealers and hosts were very friendly. Casino is very smokey when busy, but large enough to get away from it when its not so busy. Ate at China Spice, Il Fornaio and Bullshrimp. Not bad. Il Fornaio was the best one. Shopping across street, the District, was not yet completed, but most shops were open. Huge Pottery Barn and W. Sonoma, but also other smaller stores. Nice live music at night with a lot of friendly low-key locals out with dogs and kids to enjoy sunset. Very nice place to visit.

best hotels off the strip

by pj2904

hi going back to vegas nxt july and was just wondering if someone could let me know what the best hotels off the strip is best to stay in and are tidy, thanks

by YVRDave

Ritz Carlton and Loews at Lake Las Vegas, JW Marriott at Summerlin, Green Valley Ranch Resort and I really like the new M Resort.

by madamx

I was just going to mention the new M Resort. It's getting rave reviews.

by YVRDave

I was there for breakfast a couple of weeks ago. Nice place. The view from the restaurant, not the buffet, was great. Overlooking the pool and down the hill to the city. The buffet was a good deal if we had got there before 11am but it was expensive after 11. The restaurant had a Smoked Salmon plate for $11 and had about 3/4 lb. of salmon, fantastic deal. If you are over 50, they offer half price on most meals.

by SteveOSF

I also like the Golden Nuggen for downtown hotel.

by TennisStudMan

I was at the M two weeks ago. GREAT place to stay

Comments