Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Flamingo

Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo
Orbitz.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• GuitarStan's Profile Photo

A condo on "The Strip" cheaper than some rooms!

I was looking for a condo on "The Strip" in LV as five of us would be visiting for my nieces wedding. I was pleasantly surprised to find this place that we rented from the timeshare owners. They charged us $150.00/night with no tax, plus a $12.00/night fee. Not bad if you check out prices for rooms in September and we would have needed 2 rooms. This condo had 2 bedrooms/2 baths and a full size jacuzzi in it. It has no slot machines/gambling on the premises and has it's own pool. This place is beautiful and somewhat secluded from the Flamingo that is directly attached. If one wants to visit The Flamingo, it is just a short walk over to their unbelievable pool complex, complete with penguins that are fed daily and all sorts of fish and waterfalls (this is VEGAS!).

Unique Quality: A condo on "The Strip" is quite rare is Vegas. A full kitchen can save you quite a bit of money when taking your whole family. Eating out is no longer cheap in Las Vegas!

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

In the Middle of the Action

Took a four day trip with two other guys, just to donate some money to the Vegas Empire (rumor has it they were running out, though it didn't seem like it when I was out there). We got a 2 bedroom suite that had a foldout couch in the living room area (plenty of room for the 750#s that the 3 of us carry).

Unique Quality: This place is right in the middle of the Caesar's, Harrah's, Bally's section of the strip so you really don't need to venture too far away to get into whatever your heart desires. It also has an excellent looking pool, but since we went in December it was a little bit too cool to experience.

Directions: Behind Las Vegas Flamingo

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

I stayed at the Hilton...

I stayed at the Hilton Vacation Club! Excellent place!

This is a picture of the lobby at the Mirage, not very good service.....slow after 9-11. (kidding)

YOU HAVE TO ENLARGE THE PICS TO SEE THE CAPTIONS UNDER EACH BIRD!

More about Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Flamingo

I haven't stayed at many of...

by CDNgirl

I haven't stayed at many of the hotels on the strip, but I'll tell what I did and didnot like about the ones I have stayed at. The MGM Grand was the first one we tried, its a moderately priced hotel accross from New York New York(which was fully booked at the time) and we really enjoyed the pool, and the good location. It's on the corner of Tropicana Blvd and The Strip. Excalibur is a great budget choice on the strip as its a little older and not as fancy, but still alot of fun. It has a great buffet and is kitty corner to the MGM Grand, and has a moving walkway to the Luxor(the Pyramid) on the other side of it. The Flamingo Hilton is another good budget choice on the mid-strip area, and they were very kind to me as I ended up having the flu while I was there!! Room service was really fast in sending me up some chicken noodle soup and ginger ale!! They also had(don't laugh at me, but when you're sick and in bed on your vacation, this is important) great pillows!! You know how hotel pillows are generally really flat and nasty? Well, these ones were definitely not that!! I know, its a strange thing to brag about but its something that I remember, okay? I have also stayed at the Rio, just off the strip on Tropicana Blvd. I hadn't made a reservation on that trip and it was one of the only decent places left that had a room for <$100.(on a weekday!!) I was pleasantly surprized at how clean and quiet it was, and I had a fantastic Italian meal there!! So, this is my Vegas experience, and as I stop there every winter as I head to Phoenix to work, I will be updating this as I like to try a new hotel every time I go through.
Anywhere from $39US to >$400 US, depending on the hotel, the time of year, whether conventions are in town, or the weekend.

Family Comfort

My family and I went to Las Vegas to attend my brother's wedding in the Flamingo Hilton Chapel. We got a room at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club just across the pool area of the Flamingo Hilton. We absolutely loved it. We had everything a family with children could want a secure room and refrigerator, VCR, jacuzzi in the room, microwave and coffee machine and a fabulous deli downstairs. Best place for the price. You can cathch the monorail just behind the hotel. Quickest check-in and check out service I have ever experienced considering it was President's weekend and packed.

Just what we needed.

by TripAdvisor Member ydread

My girlfriend and I stayed here using a weekly timeshare from Sept. 25 - Oct 2. She was not really interested in going to Las Vegas but we also had a flight voucher we did not want to waste. Since she was not excited about Vegas I made plans for us to drive to Sedona, Arizona for 2 days. As soon as we arrived at the Flamingo we went for a walk to survey the grounds and we were very impressed with the large pool areas, gardens and even Wedding Chapel. On the Flamingo Hotel side there were penguins and other exotic birds, including...Flamingos of course. The bright sunshine and mild breeze enhanced the beauty of this area. The room was immaculate in our eyes and in good condition. A 2 person jacuzzi tub in the bedroom and a very nice living and dining area. Our view was over the pool area. Not a spectacular view but nice still. After spending 3 days traveling through Arizona, we couldn't wait to get back to Vegas. Although we loved Arizona too, the accomodations at HGVC were just so homey. My girlfriend ended up loving Las Vegas and now wants to visit every year, because there were so many things to do. We bought bubble bath and used the jacuzzi tub about 3 times. If we get to return to Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo again we will spend the entire week enjoying the accomodations and relaxing more. No hassling to buy timeshare. They asked once when we checked in and that was it. We have no complaints. We were close to all of the most popular casinos...be prepared to do a lot of walking so bring comfortable shoes. Would definitely recommend, for families too!

good value

by TripAdvisor Member roccgt

Stayed at the Flamingo 12/19 and 20. Booked thru Travelocity for $45 per nite, with "Free tickets to Wayne Newton". Called hotel (box office) way ahead of time re show tickets, and was told to see box office at time of check-in, that no reservations could be made. Called Travelocity way ahead of time and was told the same thing. Went to box office at time of check-in to get my tickets, and the lady looked at me like I was from Mars. She told me that it was sold out for both nites. Relayed this to front desk, who was quite apologetic, and offered $60 credit at one of the hotel restaurants (Italian) as compensation. This meal was pretty good, altho I would have rather seen Wayne, dankeshane(sp ?). Hotel room was large and very nice, especially for the price. Hotel overall was very nice and well located. Excellent value. Would recommend. See the penguins, etc.

Best on the Strip

The Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Flamingo – Las Vegas is the best deal on the strip. We have stayed at many of the other resorts on the strip, and now have found our “home”. The rooms were awesome! We had the mini suite which came with a refrigerator with icemaker, microwave, kitchen sink, garbage disposal, dishes, silverware, coffee maker, in-room safe, Jacuzzi, tv with VCR, and high speed internet. There is a shop and deli downstairs, so you can easily stock your mini kitchen. (The prices are very reasonable). Try it out – you won’t be disappointed.

A disappointment to me, probably ok for families

by TripAdvisor Member Sweetflowers

I've stayed at a variety of hotels in Vegas in the past and this is the least favorite of them all. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. I was very disappointed with the quality of the room in comparison with other Hiltons and with the other hotels on the strip.

The bed was very hard, low thread-count sheets, lumpy old polyester pillows, and thin towels. The in-room jacuzzi tub is rather dated and didn't work very well - plus there was a film on the water.

If you have a family, then this would probably be a great place since they have a kitchen and in-room washer/dryer. The room was clean and housekeeping came in daily.

If you are a couple wanting a romantic weekend or are used to a higher standard of hotel, I'd recommend that you stay at one of the nicer hotels on the Strip. Unless you want to cook meals while you are in Vegas, I don't see any point to staying at this resort.

Flamingo HiltonFlamingo Hilton

Flamingo Hilton hotelFlamingo Hilton hotel

Flamingo Hilton hotelFlamingo Hilton hotel

Best place for currency exchange

by leah970

I am off to Las Vegas soon and I am wondering if anyone knows the best place to exchange Canadian Money. I know to stay away from casino ATMs as the fees are high but what about certain casinos? If some are better than others, which are they? I apreciate any input anybody has about this.

Thanks

RE: Best place for currency exchange

by mapakettle

Ma Kettle and I have always exchanged our Canadian dollars at various casinos. The rate is much better than a bank in Canada. We found that smaller casinos 'usually' give the best rate, but then, not always. The Flamingo Hilton we found to be pretty fair. Walk the strip, and just ask. They fluctuate depending upon the time of day the casino last checked with their financial institution. They often have exchange rates posted, just look for the little signs on the counter.

Good luck, and have fun.

Pa

RE: Best place for currency exchange

by jjstyx

The best advice I ever got regarding money exchange is to go to a bank and get cash from your visa card, there is no exchange rate. Some Visa cards charge you a different interest rate if you get cash, but if you pay it in full I believe it is cheaper than an exchange...

If I am wrong sorry. It has worked for me.

Comments