3950 Koval Lane, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

HI Club Vacations Booking.com Orbitz.com

• Las Vegas Homeless Shelter Facility- Desert Club

We are Summer Bay timeshare owner, my husband made the reservation 5 months earlier. To our great disappointment we were placed in a guest unit and the staff was unapproachable, talking with them is HOPELESS we spoke with the staff name Katherine (Kat). This guest unit is exactly comparable to a rundown apartment, better yet a Homeless Shelter Facility. The smell is unbearable, smell is a mixture of cigarette, sweat, fish or a very stinky feet, so filthy. Green leather sofa torn, cabinet paint peeling off. If theres a score way below " 0", this place and the staff services deserves it. I challenge them to give me a call they have our contact number and I can't wait to give a mouthful of words as nasty as this place and the staff.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Beautiful, Functional Interior

The interior of our Unit 204 in Building 8 was a one bedroom, one bath unit.

Photo#1 shows a portion of our living room. What you DON'T see is the beautiful gas fireplace.

Photo #2 reveals our dining room with a beautiful antique mirror.

Photo #3 shows our small balcony with a table and two chairs. Also right off the balcony, we had a utility room with full-sized washer and dryer, which we did use.

Photo #4 displays part of our bedroom which had a king sized bed, two bedside chests, a large chest with a large flat screen TV on the wall above it, a reading chaise lounge, which I find quite comfortable. Off the bedroom was a large walk-in closet and a good sized bathroom with a huge soaking tub/shower.

Photo #5 highlights our push-button gas fireplace which was used most nights.

Unique Quality: We were quite pleased with our unit at Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas Desert Club.
    It's private, quiet, clean, newly renovated, roomy, and comfortable. Its best feature was the FREE shuttle service, which we used [usually twice each day].

• deecat's Profile Photo

Excellent Location in Vegas

When my friend Mickey and I decided to take this trip to Las Vegas, the decision included a budget approach. Thus, Mickey's air miles were used for our two tickets, and my 2008 Time Share was used for the resort in Las Vegas.

We were able to find a great location through my R.C.I. affiliation and that resulted in our stay at Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas Desert Club. This resort is located just a few blocks from the Las Vegas Strip and is ideal because it is in the middle of the Strip providing walking exposure both north and south. The accommodations are not in a high rise building; rather, the buildings are 3 stories high and cover about 18 acres.

We visited from January 14, 2011 until January 20, 2011. Our unit [#204] in Building 8 was private yet close to the entrance and shuttle service. Mickey and I were most pleased with our unit and extremely glad to learn that the resort provided FREE shuttle service to the strip, the grocery store, and to Fremont Street.

Unique Quality: The resort has five outdoor pools[see photo #2], Jacuzzis, gas grills, an activity building, and covered parking spaces.

Each unit at Summer Bay Resort provides air-conditioning, cable flat-screen TVs, DVD or VCR, telephone with data port for dial-up, Wireless Internet connection, full or partial kitchen [ours was a full kitchen], washer and dryer, in-room safe, and balcony or patio.

Thank goodness, all units are non-smoking. The resort has recently been renovated, and the units are quite lovely. A drawback was that the construction in public areas was not finished, which detracted from the beauty. However, it really did not cause any problems.

• Best Resort in Vegas, if you do not own

Wonderful stay. We checked-in early at 900am when check in time is 400pm without any issues. We were greeted with a spacious two bedroom / two bath suite. The kitchen, dining room and living room are spacious. The patio was an exellent place to enjoy when it is warm outside. The master bedroom bathtub was extremely big, similar to a jacuzzi without the jets.

Unique Quality: Great Location and Jacuzzi (which I did not get to enjoy due to cold weather).

More about Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas Desert Club

Not that bad!

I read all these mixed reviews, so I was a little worried about making a reservation here, but they had rooms at a decent price for New Years, so I did it, and I don't regret it! The place is undergoing renovation, and your experience is going to completely depend on if you get one of the renovated rooms. The main lobby building is quite nice, actually. However, most of the rooms are located in separate buildings - 2-story apartment-type buildings spread out over two blocks. The parking areas in back of these buildings do look sort of shady, but the street side isn't bad at all. I chose to park on the street because it's located right near the Strip, so there's still plenty of traffic around.

We had a one-bedroom suite for four of us. There's plenty of room, the bed is decently comfortable, although the sofa bed is not. The kitchen is equipped with most of what you'll need - glasses, utensils, pots and pans.

The unit was clean, the furniture was pretty new, and there were two TVs - one each in the living and bedroom. The cable went out the second day we were there and never came back on. When we called the front desk, they said that the cable company was having problems. The units have DVD players, which is nice. The pool in the center courtyard of our building was empty, which is fine since it was winter. But the rain had collected in it, so it looked sort of gross and depressing.

Overall, it was clean enough, it was very convenient to the Strip (just walk through the Imperial Palace), and you couldn't beat the price, especially for New Year's Eve. It's not glamorous, it's not luxurious, it's not a resort. Just make sure you request a renovated room when you book and again when you check-in. The staff seem pretty accommodating, if not the most efficient.

Not the best but OK

by TripAdvisor Member taylortraveler

I have stayed In the Las Vegas Resort thru 2 property owners. Always stay in the main building because I get a big balcony. For the most part have always been pretty happy there. However, when I have checked into room light bulbs out, screen door lock broken. But, I call and someone is up within 10 minutes to take care of it. The good part is that it's in a central location. Wouldn't purchase there if I had to do it again.
I bought my timeshare in Reno but really wanted to use the Vegas property, but since the bankrupcy am stuck using reno as the properties purchased split ownership. If you want a really bad deal Reno is the worst. Maintenance almost up $100.00 this year. Tried to add $30.00 on for Maid Service..do you believe that. Have one big event a year Hot August Nights and Telling me it's totally booked however if I could get in it's $30.00 more a night as it's a Holiday. What holiday? My opinion if you see anything on Celebrity Resorts...keep going the other way.

Excelent Value & location

by TripAdvisor Member winnyd

We stayed in the main building23rd-30thJan.Our room(3rdfloor )Was Very clean the furniture was all new also well equipped with a king size heavenly bed Rm1334. The only thing missing was no pictures .The wife mentioned it to the people they installed 7 top quality pictures the next day.The furniture was all leather couch & 2 easy chairs.The location is perfect .Your room key fits the elevator for acess to the Monorail Station.(we found out by chance It's not mentioned in their advertising).So we used the Mono for 3days .My rental car was parked 30ft under cover from the main entrance all week.It also had a balcony over looking I/Ps carpark(view nohell) They said they were turning it into a 5 StarProperty .They did install 3 televisions in the walls of the large lobby last week.& 2 workman were busy painting the building.I was a bit leary after reading all the negative reviews so was pleasantly supprised.I'm not a time share owner so feel for the low price I paid for the week I got excelent value for my money.When I told the Concierge I wasn't interested in any time share promotion.The literature on Vegas became very scarse.Checkin & out 2am & 6am was right on there was a room tax of$4.14/day that came as a surprise $30.00 over my expected bill. rdmidd@sympatico.ca

Not a resort but not a nightmare either

I booked through a third party - Club Midwest Worldwide and saw the pictures and was excited. I came to this site and saw reviews and I was scared!!! I have to say I was pleasantly suprised!

We arrived at 1130a and they allowed us to check-in early. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The main building was very nice. Then we were taken to our building (stayed in 912)... it looked like a converted motel. Sort of an even more outdated Melrose place, you know with the courtyard in the middle. However, when we got into our room, it was furnished very nicely and was clean. The housekeeping staff brought us extra towels. I was disappointed though, as on the website they say there is a washer/dryer in the unit - there wasn't.

The monorail was next door, though I didn't hear anything overnight. The location can not be beat. If you walk 5 minutes, you are in the heart of the strip. I did not have any problem walking from the strip back to the room at night. I am a tiny woman. If you are scared to walk back, the "resort", they offer a shuttle from some of the major casinos until about midnight and they will take you to your door. The monorail lets off about 1/2 block away from the main building, so that's an option. Also they have a trolley that lets off about 1 block away from the main building.

The "resort" also offers a shuttle to the grocery store, so we saved some money from having to eat out every meal. They were very helpful, even though I didn't want to buy a timeshare. I already own in Minnesota. The drivers sometimes took you to your destination if there was no one else on the shuttle.

I stayed February 4 - 11, 2005. I definately would not call this place a resort, even with the renovations. But for the price, I paid 300 (after the suprise taxes) for the week. Which averages out to about 40 a day, the location and some of the amenities (shuttles, etc) it is worth looking into. The next time I travel to Vegas for a week, I will stay there again. I also will have pictures of the room within the next few days, so email me and I'll send them as soon as I can.

by TripAdvisor Member tdickmann

We stayed at Summer Bay in February 2005 and were disgusted in the facility. We felt as though we were staying in a homeless shelter. When we arrived our room smelled unbearable and was filthy. The "renovated" room had mismatched furniture, broken lamps, a Panosonic cassette player for a stereo system, broken shower knob and ripped screens on the windows. The resort as a whole looks like low income apartment complexes with gated windows. We felt VERY unsafe walking anywhere near the complex, let along staying in our room (the doors don't even have deadbolts). We did notice that the police made frequent stops here. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!!

Nicer than Excalibur or MGM rooms & totally cheap.

Went in a large group for a bachelorette party and was worried when I read these reviews. The place was fine. We had a great time. The staff was actually very nice...not rude at all. Front desk was curteous and called taxis for us happily. The rooms were clean. A bit 80's, and totally Melrose Place, but not 'homeless shelter' etc as warned. I don't know what people expect for a room that sleeps 6, March Madness, and only $100 a night. Honestly. Summer Bay isn't trying to compete with the Bellagio, it's meant for budget travel. Reminded me of a Holiday Inn or Motel 6, but more character. The location was central, but it could be a hassle to walk through all of the parking lots to get into Harrahs and the IP. Other than that, no complaints. Had plenty of towels, two bathrooms, and a nice quiet sleep.

Harrah's Neon Along the StripHarrah's Neon Along the Strip

The gang at RicardosThe gang at Ricardos

Looking out at faux St. Mark's, CanalettoLooking out at faux St. Mark's, Canaletto

ShaqShaq

Valley of Fire, Red Rock & Grand Canyon?

by coopieclan

We're going to Las Vegas the week of the July 4th and we planning to take a couple of tours.

Has anyone tried the atv/dune buggy tours of the Valley of Fire? I'd love your feedback. My husband is a Trekie and wants to see some of the Startrek sites. Do you have to take the ATV/Dune buggy offroad tours to see these sites or do they show them on the bus tours? Is it better to book ahead or should we wait until we arrive?

We're also interested in Red Rock Canyon. Is it worth it to take a bus tour or to drive yourself?

We've already booked a flight, helicopter and ground tour to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon thru Papillon. Any info or suggestions for this tour would be appreciated. Should we bring extra water etc?

Thanks

by riorich55

We spent a few hours driving ourselves through the Red Rock Canyon last April while in Las Vegas. I'm not sure about the tours as we usually don't take those preferring to go off on our own. I think you could probably drive yourself unless you wanted a more narrative history of the place. They do have a small museum when you enter the park which I thought did a pretty good job at giving you a little history of the area. If you do drive and are looking for a place to eat we enjoyed Hash House A Go Go which is in Las Vegas on your way out to Red Rock Canyon.

by coopieclan

Thanks for the advise on Red Rock!

by Odinnthor

I know that this tour (link below), does point out the location for the relatively few scenes filmed in the Valley of Fire. There is really only one site, but the valley panorama is indeed in the movie.

The film was Star Trek, Generations, - and the VoF, is where Captain Kirk fell to his apparent death. Other than that everything else in the film was filmed elsewhere.

As for Papillion heli tours, they are one of the best if not the best, so you made a good choice there.

Too bad that the Star Trek, exhibition hall at the Hilton has been dismantled. It was a Trekkie's dream, that could fill up two whole days of reviewing. It included a 3D sim flight and Klingon battle with the crew in costume. It was really great. They just recently had a Star Trek auction in Vegas where they sold a huge amount of memorabilia.

By the way, - real Star Trek fanatics, prefer to ber called Trekkers, not Trekkies........d:o)

by oldguy472003

Stop in at Bonnie Springs Ranch for a drink, snack and a visit to the old town.. Campy but fun.

by oldguy472003

Sorry, should have said on your way back from Red Rock, stop in at Bonnie Springs.

by coopieclan

Thanks everyone all your advise has been great

by sylv2

Hi. :) Can I ask what the Grand Canyon tour you booked and how much it was? Thanks

Comments