Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort

Tags

Family Travel Spa and Resort Budget Travel
See Amenities

by written on September 3, 2011

We are Summer Bay timeshare owner, my husband made the reservation 5 months earlier. To our great disappointment we were placed in a guest unit and the staff was unapproachable, talking with them is HOPELESS we spoke with the staff name Katherine (Kat). This guest unit is exactly comparable to a rundown apartment, better yet a Homeless Shelter Facility. The smell is unbearable, smell is a mixture of cigarette, sweat, fish or a very stinky feet, so filthy. Green leather sofa torn, cabinet paint peeling off. If theres a score way below " 0", this place and the staff services deserves it. I challenge them to give me a call they have our contact number and I can't wait to give a mouthful of words as nasty as this place and the staff.

deecat's Profile Photo

Beautiful, Functional Interior

by written on January 28, 2011

The interior of our Unit 204 in Building 8 was a one bedroom, one bath unit.

Photo#1 shows a portion of our living room. What you DON'T see is the beautiful gas fireplace.

Photo #2 reveals our dining room with a beautiful antique mirror.

Photo #3 shows our small balcony with a table and two chairs. Also right off the balcony, we had a utility room with full-sized washer and dryer, which we did use.

Photo #4 displays part of our bedroom which had a king sized bed, two bedside chests, a large chest with a large flat screen TV on the wall above it, a reading chaise lounge, which I find quite comfortable. Off the bedroom was a large walk-in closet and a good sized bathroom with a huge soaking tub/shower.

Photo #5 highlights our push-button gas fireplace which was used most nights.

Unique Quality: We were quite pleased with our unit at Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas Desert Club.
It's private, quiet, clean, newly renovated, roomy, and comfortable. Its best feature was the FREE shuttle service, which we used [usually twice each day].

deecat's Profile Photo

Excellent Location in Vegas

by written on January 28, 2011

When my friend Mickey and I decided to take this trip to Las Vegas, the decision included a budget approach. Thus, Mickey's air miles were used for our two tickets, and my 2008 Time Share was used for the resort in Las Vegas.

We were able to find a great location through my R.C.I. affiliation and that resulted in our stay at Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas Desert Club. This resort is located just a few blocks from the Las Vegas Strip and is ideal because it is in the middle of the Strip providing walking exposure both north and south. The accommodations are not in a high rise building; rather, the buildings are 3 stories high and cover about 18 acres.

We visited from January 14, 2011 until January 20, 2011. Our unit [#204] in Building 8 was private yet close to the entrance and shuttle service. Mickey and I were most pleased with our unit and extremely glad to learn that the resort provided FREE shuttle service to the strip, the grocery store, and to Fremont Street.

Unique Quality: The resort has five outdoor pools[see photo #2], Jacuzzis, gas grills, an activity building, and covered parking spaces.

Each unit at Summer Bay Resort provides air-conditioning, cable flat-screen TVs, DVD or VCR, telephone with data port for dial-up, Wireless Internet connection, full or partial kitchen [ours was a full kitchen], washer and dryer, in-room safe, and balcony or patio.

Thank goodness, all units are non-smoking. The resort has recently been renovated, and the units are quite lovely. A drawback was that the construction in public areas was not finished, which detracted from the beauty. However, it really did not cause any problems.

Best Resort in Vegas, if you do not own

by written on January 23, 2009

Wonderful stay. We checked-in early at 900am when check in time is 400pm without any issues. We were greeted with a spacious two bedroom / two bath suite. The kitchen, dining room and living room are spacious. The patio was an exellent place to enjoy when it is warm outside. The master bedroom bathtub was extremely big, similar to a jacuzzi without the jets.

Unique Quality: Great Location and Jacuzzi (which I did not get to enjoy due to cold weather).

Nearby Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews