Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas

IHG Expedia.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 11% higher than other 3 star hotels

• Vegas, the easy way

As I travel a lot for business I almost always stay at the Holiday Inn, therefore I save a lot of reward nights that I can later use for private trips, like this one.

The Holiday Inn Express in Vegas is located quite easy just before the strip on the other side of the Interstate, where the strip is on the right side, the hotel is on the left. To get to the strip you just cross the interstate and turn left.

The rooms are spacious, the ambiance very good, the only bad thing was the A/C which was a bit noisy and the fact that the breakfast room was too crowded so I couldn't sit at a table.

Unique Quality: It has a pool, good staff, a direct shuttle bus to the strip and plenty of parking space. Very close to the strip, the room had a nice view on the strip, which was particularly good at night.

Directions: I-15 North untill you reach Polaris Avenue and route 160, take exit, turn left, accross the interstate, first left

More about Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member Van-go67

Should you listen to me? I'm someone who usually stays in a modest hotel - Hampton, Fairfield, Holiday Inn. Will do a Ramada or Hilton on occasion. A Lodge or resort/spa is a treat for me. Mostly I want a CLEAN ROOM and I prefer a new hotel or a recently renovated one.

I didn't get to use this hotel like most might. Checked in at 6pm and was gone by 4am. Room was immaculant. Very clean, nicely decorated. Bed was a bit soft but they had option of pillows (firm and soft) and the bedding was first rate.

The staff was friendly and very capable. The provided great directions to eat dinner - something simple - Chillii's. The drive to the airport was very simple, about 3 turns and there you are.

The only negative thing I can say about it was that it doesn't have an airport shuttle. I wanted that and mistakenly thought they did - but that is my fault. Otherwise, very clean, nice lobby, quick elevators, helpful staff, no problems.

I'd stay again.

Top Value; don't bother staying on the strip!

by TripAdvisor Member katie48

Just back from two weeks in California, driving from San Fran to Las Vegas and back. Most nights we stayed in Holiday Inns or Express because we had reward points. It was interesting to see how they varied when on the face of it they are the same. This one was best of the bunch; the fresh clean smell in the corridors made a good impression before we even saw the room. Warm cinnamon rolls for breakfast was a nice touch not found elsewhere.

The pool was the best of all the places we stayed and the rooms were quiet. The only minor problem was aircraft noise; it's right under the glide path. We were surprised that the windows were not double glazed; the London Heathrow equivalent felt like they were landng on the roof but there was no sound of them inside. The airport seems to close around midnight and open at 7.00ish so it didn't disrupt our sleep.

Beware of the free shuttle to the strip! We thought we'd take a break from the driving but jt arrived 10 minutes late and already full. The driver claimed there would be another along in 15 minutes so we sat down outside, only to find a few minutes later a queue outside of at least a shuttle full. It still hadn't arrived to pick them up when we left in the car 25 minutes later.

Parking is free in all the big hotels, so once you've worked out how to get outside onto the strip you've got it made. It's about 10 minutes drive to the Paris which was the easiest to park and exit.

Great Hotel for the entire family!

This may be considered a "budget" hotel but we were treated like royalty.
Their beds were AMAZING!! Apparently it's their new line of beds, linens, soaps, shampoos...whatever it was it was GREAT! We came from a dump of a hotel the night previous and this was such a refreshing change.
I'm not kidding, we have a nice bed at home but I would trade mine at home for the bed in this hotel. I could have spent the entire vacation there.
The hotel was super clean, breakfast was great. They even gave us hot out of the oven cookies that evening.
The pool was nice and definitely needed in the Nevada heat!
AND...they have a free shuttle to Mandalay Bay to the tram until 11:00pm each night.
I would stay there again and again!!

Always Very Nice

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingPhD

We love this hotel. It is always extremely clean and fairly quiet, if you can deal with the sound of airplanes nearby (which is blocked pretty well when the air conditioner runs). The bathroom is large, with a massive granite counter inside and a hot shower with excellent pressure. The breakfast selection is great and convenient, as in the computer in the lobby with internet access. The shuttle is hit or miss and they're working on that problem by having it now only drop off and pick up at the Mandalay Bay. They also have brand new linens with a top sheet-covered down comforter and a choice of either soft or firm pillows on every bed. We'll stay again!

Great family holiday

by TripAdvisor Member MillieAustralia

We stayed here for four nights on a trip to the USA, we are used to staying in five star accommodation and only stayed here after such great reccommendations on Trip Finder and we were not disappointed! The hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable and our family room comfortably accomidated our family of six! The staff were friendly and helpful and staying off strip was a great decision. We had a ball in Las Vegas and will stay here again in a heartbeat!

Hotel great-Unfortunately service poor

by TripAdvisor Member cynlouhoo

First off, our reservation information was not readily retrieved from the front desk person. When things were finally sorted out (we thought) we checked into our room, which turned out to be a smoking room (we wanted NON) that totally stunk....as did the entire floor! Because we had a show to get to quickly, we couldn't do much other than call the front desk and ask what happened to the non-smoking room we reserved. Basically the question was met with a disinterested comment about the room not being available, and would we like the room to be "sprayed again".
On a positive note, the beds and bedding in the rooms are very nice, and the breakfast bar and staff running it were top knotch.
Back to the bad stuff.....the following day I complained to a new front desk person about how bad the room smelled and interestingly she was able to move us. It was a bit of an inconvienience, but the new room was much fresher. We had a big bag of dirty laundry to do that day, so I figured I would put a load in and then watch the kids at the pool.....after bringing the bag to the laundry room, I noticed that there wasnt supplies available...so went to the front desk. They apparently ran out of guest laundry supplies....I was told there was a store nearby to get what I needed if I wanted. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. The next day, I called the front desk to see if they had obtained any laundry supplies yet....I was told "yes" and that someone would run it up to our room. Well, after a half hour of waiting, I called the front desk and got a different guy who said there were NO supplies after all!
The other downside of this hotel was the location, and the limited shuttle service to the strip (only drop off and pick up is at Mandalay Bay). I guess if you don't want to spend much time on the strip, then location isn't much of a factor.
The bottom line for us is the poor service we received....primarily from the front desk staff. For that reason alone, we likely would not return to this hotel.

G8t Hotel, good value

by TripAdvisor Member wellwellsuperwell

I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids 17 & 11 - we had a 2 bed room and it was fantastic - very clean - large and very comfortable. Swimming pool was also very handy and clean, also not very busy. We got the free bus from hotel to the Mandalay which ran every 30 min. we stayed all day - night at the strip with loads to do and got a taxi back which costs about $10. We then sat at the hot tum to bathe our feet. Go stay there it really was very good! Oh! breakfast was also super! continetal style

Good alternative to strip

by TripAdvisor Member empjm

Stayed here for one night in August. Nice, clean room with new bed linens and showerhead. This is a good alternative to staying on the strip. Less expensive and easy to drive to any casino on strip. All the casinos have free self parking so you can leave your car and walk up and down the strip then drive back to hotel when done. Free wireless internet and continental breakfast are plusses. Only negative was loud group in hallway in middle of night, but it is Las Vegas so I guess you have to expect that. 5 minute drive to airport. They have a shuttle to Mandalay Bay but we had car so did not use that. No restaurants within walking distance(at least none that I could see).

Good location, good front desk butpoor housekeeping.

by TripAdvisor Member altikkun

Let's start saying that this hotel, even if not directly on the strip, has an optimal location. If you can move with your own (or rented) car, the strip is 5 minutes far.
The swimming pool is good and not very busy.
The breakfast is almost the same you can find in any other holiday express hotel.
Talking about bad things, we've been very unlucky with housekeeping service: during our four days stay we found our room undone after 2.00pm for three consecutive days.
The last day, our room was still undone at 3.40pm!
Said that, we found our rooms always very clean.
Overall, the front desk service is good, but housekeeping organization needs strong improvements.

Comments