Holiday Royale Apartment Suites

More about Las Vegas

Inside Caesar's PalaceInside Caesar's Palace

NY NYNY NY

The Meal!The Meal!

All you can eat...who makes it past this?All you can eat...who makes it past this?

First Time to Vegas. Few Questions

by Micphoria

Hi and Hello,

I will be going to Vegas for first time for honeymoon from October 11 to October 15. I've done lots of research for hotels on or walking distance to the strip and so far the Signature at MGM stands out the most. Most important for us is we want a jacuzzi/spa/whirlpool in the hotel room. Here are my questions.

Is the jacuzzi at the Signature at MGM big enough for 2 people? If not, what other hotels provide same room jacuzzi/spa/whirlpool big enough to fit 2 people?

Looking at Vegas map, Signature "seems" to be close to the McCarran Airport. Is it worth it to spend $122.00 for limo ride to the Signature?

Thanks for your replies and your time.

by Agraichen

Can't comment on the jacuzzi tubs but a call to the concierge (702.797.6016) will confirm your answer. As for the ride...it's about 10-30 minutes depending on traffic. The shuttles are about $15. Haven't taken a taxi in years so I can't quote current rates but typically they are way more expensive than the shuttles.

Getting around LV is not that easy without a car, but you'll be within walking distance of some of the larger casinos.

Considering how MGM is hyping the Signature, I'd be surprised if they didn't have their own shuttle or limo. "Close" in Las Vegas is deceiving. One casino can span an entire block and take 5-10 minutes to walk by as there are lots of people on the sidewalk.

One "must do" event would be an evening stroll by Belagio for the water canon "show."

For a great "non casino" dinner, I've always recommended Pamplemousse (eaten there for over 25 years). It's a bit of "old Las Vegas" and is located at 400 E. Sahara, 4 blocks east of The Strip on the left. (702-733-2066 pamplemousserestaurant.com)

While writing this I checked on their shuttle service and found:

The Signature offers the added convenience of satellite registration/hotel check-in at the Las Vegas McCarran International Airport. Located in the south baggage claim near carousels 1 and 2.

You can check in, register and receive your room keys while waiting for your luggage, plus:
Make restaurant reservations/purchase show tickets
Arrange luggage transfer (nominal charge)
Arrange shuttle service ($15.00 per person roundtrip, $8.00 one way)
Book individual shuttle and porterage service, 10:00am – 6:00pm daily

by chez_adore

I am a local here in Las Vegas, and I have been to signature there, the jacuzzi's are big enough for two people. The limo ride would be nice, but it is a very short ride from Mccarran airport to the strip, so I would just use a taxi! but...then again, you only have one honeymoon! :-)

by Roadquill

It is such a short drive from the airport to the Strip that a limo is a waste. Just take a taxi and save the money for a nice bottle of champagne. Karl

by Odinnthor

En suite Jacuzzi's are always big enough for two people in Vegas.....d:o)

I would not spend the money on a limo from the airport, but it is a great idea to get a limo to tour the strip and the amny attactions along the way, like the forementioned Bllagio fountains. Here is where to get the best.

Here is a handy guide to the do's and don't's in Vegas

If you are going to have fun with gambling, take a look at my tip on same. Good luck.........d:o)

by xymmot

I would not spend the money for a limo to drive you around the block. MGM is right outside of the airport so I would get hail a cab for 20 bucks.Cheers Tommy x

Travel Tips for Las Vegas

If you are not a gambler.......

by RAINBOWWINGS

If you are not a gambler but you really fancy your chances on the tables then take my advice and attend the half hour lessons that most hotels offer . Just half an hour can save you from the embarrassment I suffered at the Roulette table. Never having played the tables before and thinking I was being kind of cool, I slid onto a stool at one of the tables and tossed 100 dollars to the croupier who pushed me a stack of red chips. I slightly raised my head to glance at my table companions, they all looked pretty professional to me with high stacks in front of them. The croupier called and we all placed our bets. NO I didnt know that there was a minimum bet on certain parts of the table....red face for the first time! NO I didnt know you could place chips covering 4 numbers and sort of placed mine neither on a line or in the middle and the croupier had to call my attention to this....red face second time. Then I placed a little stack on a single number and it came up!! Wow, I screamed as he pushed a high stack of chips to me. Fellow player on the right said.."nice one Red". I was beginning to feel like a high roller. Then I went and made the biggest mistake ever. As my brother and sister came up to see how I was doing I suddenly started scooping up the chips and filling their hands ....I wasnt going to lose it all. Everyone stopped and watched in amazement as we left the table full of chips spilling everywhere. I approached the Cash Desk , piled the chips into the drawer and asked for them to be changed. The cashier took one look at me and said... " Gee I bet the croupier is happy with you, your are supposed to change them with him" Oh God now I had to go back and face them all again! I sidled up to the table and dumped my chips in front of me. No way was I just going to ask for change so I played another couple of rounds...and lost! This time I quietly got up off my stool and very politely asked for my chips to be changed please and left.....VERY red faced!

Entertainment Book (Part 1) ~Fine Dining & Casual~

by Christlike

This is a must for any vacation in America! This is a thick book composed of "buy-1-get-1-free" coupons to hundreds of places. There is a fine dining or classy section of coupons. There is also a casual section. For those who like Jack in the Box and other informal restaurant, they have that section too. In addition, there are quite a few coupons to various shops and online companies, which offer 25% and below off products. And Finally, there are many hotels listed in the back of the book which offer 50% off rack room rates. The list contains all the participants across the U.S. You can usually finds these books at colleges and universities or you can buy one online at http://www.entertainment.com. These books usually go on sale around October and they all expire November the following year. Usually around February, you can get the books around half price, just because the company doesn't want to get stuck with any printed books. I just bought 2 books for Vegas at $12.50 each, which includes free shipping. Below, is a list of all the fine dining and casual restaurants which offer the "buy-1-get-1-free." I have only listed the restaurants in Vegas, however, there are a few in Henderson and Boulder City, Bullhead City, Jean, Mesquite, and Laughlin. My other page entitled: Entertainment Book (Part 2), has a list of all the informal coupons listed in the book. And my other page entitled: Entertainment Book (Part 3), has a list of all attraction coupons listed in the book.
_________________________ .

~ Florida Cafe
~ Grace's Hawaiian Cafe
~ Hola! Mex's Grill
~ Italian Delights Pizzeria & Ristorante
~ Kristen's Lo Carb Kafe'
~ Leo's Deli
~ Pho Chien
~ Rachael's Cafe
~ Rincon Criollo Cuban Restaurant
~ Red Pizza Rock
~ Rosies Cafe at Madison Ave.
~ Rum Runner
~ Taqueria Victor's
~ Traditional Pizza
~ Tropicana Pizza
~ Two Dogs Tavern

Voy a Las Vegas todos los años...

by edochil

Voy a Las Vegas todos los años desde 1980. Mi ultima vez fue en Mayo 1999 y la proxima sera en Junio de 2000. Siempre voy por 2 semanas. Mi interes principal al ir a Las Vegas son sus shows los mejores del mundo a un precio muy inferior al que uno encuentra en cualquiera otra ciudad del planeta. Mi segundo interes son los restaurant con todos los tipos de comidas existentes. Por otro lado los restaurant bufet tienen comida abundante a un precio infimo, generalmente 10 a 12 dolares. Los restaurant tematicos como el Rain Forest del MGM o el Dive en el centro comercial de la Strip son lugares qye me llaman la atencion cuando estoy alli, sobre todo que en mi pais, Chile no hay de ese tipo de locales. Cuando no estoy en Vegas hecho de menos la vida nocturna y lo tranquilo y seguro que es caminar por las calles sin ningun problema

.... include a stay in New...

by smoox

.... include a stay in New York. Manhattan, complete with the Statue of Liberty (and NY-style submarines and hot dogs inside. Yummy!). Hotel/Casino: NEW YORK NEW YORK. Watching it being built, from the first plans to the final touch. It was really exciting.

'bar' hop from casino to...

by gilly12

'bar' hop from casino to casino. you can walk around with your drinks, so start at treasure island.
play blackjack long enough to get a beer, then go to the mirage. repeat: blackjack, beer. go to caesars palace: repeat. bellagio: repeat. you get the idea! it's a great way to 1. see all the casinos on the strip 2. gamble. 3.drink. This is also the BEST way to gamble: short stays at many tables. Depending on your bankroll, sit down @the table with a goal like: 'when i'm up or down $25, i walk'. i went to about 10 casinos and broke totally even. All night benders of drinking, winning, losing, eating... your basic all-out debauchery.
HINT: the absolute best $1.49 you can spend is on a basic-strategy blackjack card. it is the size of a credit card, it is available in every casino gift shop, you are allowed to refer to it at the table, and even if you are the most seasoned player... you will use it! Quick: what do you do if you have a soft 15 against a dealer's 5? hit? double down? stay? the card will tell you!
if you play correct basic strategy, you will be playing the best game in the casino: house edge: 0.5%
This card is especially useful if you drink! (I know). By the way: house edge on slots: around 10%; roulette: 5.25%; poorly played* blackjack: 5-10%. *you know who you are: 'hmmm, let me split these kings against the 3' NO NO NO! sorry, i got off on a rant.

Comments