3700 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

• DO NOT STAY HERE!!

If you're standards do not rise above that of a run down Holiday Inn this place would be fine. Unfortunately for the Jockey Club I have traveled extensively and stayed in some of the better hotels and resorts the world has to offer. For the record though, I have stayed in hotels in Europe/Italy that are held to an entirely different (lower) standard than the U.S. that I would happily stay in again before I spent another night at the Jockey Club. My exact words to describe this hotel I could not post, lets just suffice it to say it's the first time I couldn't wait for my vacation to end. I am a timeshare owner and traded an ocean front unit at a five star gold crown resort in Cabo San Lucas for the week I had at the Jockey Club, I received a second floor room with a view of the concrete wall of the Cosmopolitan and sewer pipes (along with the smell) coming from the first floor of the Jockey Club. I immediately contacted the front desk upon entering the room but was told there was nothing they could do for me. I spent two days trying to contact Lori Elie the "resort manager" but was consistently told she was out of the office. I finally left a voicemail for her explaining my complaints, I left her my room number and cell number but my call was never returned. There is no doubt I could have paid rack rates for the room I had and spent less money than it cost to pay the maintenance fee for the week I traded. This place is a dump, the rooms are big but sorely outdated and dirty, the smell of the "mini market" took me back to a mom and pop corner store in Mexico (which I love mind you....IN MEXICO!!) Unfortunately the prices (A six pack of Budweiser was $13) were enough to shock me back to reality and realize I was just in a dump in Vegas. The "walkway to the strip" is about 100 yards of a dark smelly alleyway that is used for delivery trucks (its also the main entrance to the Jockey Club) and apparently time share salesmen that are are ready and willing to take advantage of unhappy people leaving the Jockey Club. We were approached in the alley (repeatedly) but one day a guy that worked for another timeshare hotel approached us, (apparently the catch phrase is..."how do you like the jockey club" then when you begin to tell them how unhappy you are they offer to put you up in their hotel for a mere "90 minute presentation") The concierge for the Jockey Club happened to walk out the door, noticed what was going on and a screaming and yelling match between the two ensued, apparently they are well aware of the inferiorities of the Jockey Club (JC) and threatened by the prospect of losing guests, we just walked away. We tried to go to the "spa" one day to try and maybe salvage something good from this place, we attempted to sit in the jacuzzi but the chlorine level was so high it immediately burned our eyes, we opened the door that encloses the jacuzzi to try to get some fresh air just so we could stay in the room but soon after getting in noticed our skin was either being bleached or chemically burned. (not sure which) We then went to the pool which was cold (mind you the JC is surrounded by tall buildings, or as they like to say "nestled" and barely see's the light of day. The liner of the pool was blue, but the bottom was brown, pretty sure it wasn't made that way, I have seen much nicer pools at a holiday inn. The "view" of the Bellagio they tout is only obtained from the upper floors on one side of course and I suspect the only ones remodeled and reserved only for those who are most likely to purchase a timeshare, otherwise you're view is of a wall or the "walkway to the strip"...a dark alley. I'm guessing I got the room I got because I am already a timeshare owner and I declined to attend the "owners meeting" for those of you not familiar, that's where they try to get you to buy another timeshare or upgrade the one you have. The JC should have taken the offer from The Cosmopolitan so they could have torn it down and made better use of the property. If you're going to Vegas on a budget stay downtown at the Golden Nugget, I have stayed there a few times and it looks and feels like the Ritz Carlton compared to this place....honostly.

Unique Quality: Smell, motel 6 swimming pool, only place in vegas it takes twenty minutes to get a taxi.

Directions: Dark Alley used by The Cosmopolitan for deliveries, very difficult to find.

• Great View if you're lucky

We booked this room through the Las Vegas Tourist Bureau (Mark was the manager who did the room) as we were able to talk to a real person and request a view room. Unfortunately you have no control over what room you receive and you have a 50% chance of getting a room with a view of a white wall (the Cosmopolitan is building around it VERY close). On the view side you won't see the Bellagio fountains until you are at least above the 3rd floor so you really only have a 30% chance of getting a room with a view of the fountains. We were fortunate to have a room on the 9th floor in the building closest to the strip with a stunning view of the strip, including the Eiffel tower at Paris and the Bellagio fountain shows. If we paid the same price for a room on the opposite side looking at a wall we would have been very disappointed.

Our 2 bedroom had a renovated kitchen and bathrooms partially re-done as well as new mattresses. The only furniture that wasn't in good shape was the couch and armchair that was showing it's age and dirty. It was the pull-out bed that has to have been the worst I have ever slept on. Why they kept that and upgraded everything else is beyond me. The carpets were alright but the floor choice for the kitchen and bathrooms was a poor given it's hard to clean nature.

After peeking into other rooms during housekeeping it was clear that all units are at different levels of quality since ownership varies throughout the building. Some had hardwood, some tile and other complete carpet. The building is obviously quite old and the pool area is very uninspiring, it must have been built before wheel chair accessibility became code as the tower farthest from the strip requires hallway and a few stairs to get the the other elevator. The Valet parking (mandatory but free) was flawless throughout or stay, I would prefer to self park but parking at the Bellagio or another Hotel was not convenient.

The location is excellent and this is a great option if you are staying a while and want a kitchen, if you get the view we had you will thoroughly enjoy your stay. If you want a fancy pool, lobby, shops etc. then look elsewhere, if you are looking for a base station to enjoy the sights of Las Vegas, the Jockey club could be perfect, just get a guarantee of what room you are getting and have it priced accordingly! Rooms ending in 28,30,32,34,00,02,04,06,08 regardless of floor are in the Ascot tower (closest to strip) facing Bellagio (first digit signifying floor number). Rooms ending in 78,80,82,84,50,52,54,56,58 regardless of floor are in Derby tower (farther from strip) facing Bellagio. All other rooms according to the map given to us at check in will face a wall of the Cosmopolitan, construction is well above the Jockey club so the room facing the wall should be very quiet.

Unique Quality: Great location for central strip access. Some rooms have an excellent view of the fountains.

Directions: Jockey Club is buried beneath the new City Center/Comopolitan construction. Look for a small sign one turn past the Bellagio. The actual building is in behind.

• emilypeg's Profile Photo

Jockey Club- Stay or Hit another Hotel

All in all, not a bad place to stay. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy; and lets face it, that's really all you need when you stay in Vegas if you're doing Vegas right. (Right?) The location is also good- next to the Bellagio, across from Planet Hollywood and Paris in the center of the Strip. However, if you're looking for THE Vegas experience, probably not the place. Its not your typical hotel on the Strip, there isn't the big casino, no restaurant, and no view unless you get lucky and your room faces the Bellagio. The pool is also small. Its fine as far as hotels go- but not up to the Standards of Las Vegas.

If you need a place to sleep that's clean and comfortable on the Strip and don't mind walking to the other resorts for food and fun- then its worth it. If you're looking for the normal Vegas stay, with the lights and the sounds, then probably not your first choice.

Directions: On the Strip next to the Bellagio, across from Planet Hollywood and being engulfed by City Center.

More about Jockey Club

Smoker's paradise, non-smokers nightmare!

by TripAdvisor Member jbs80922

Pre-booked the Jockey Club on the Strip in Las Vegas for a non-smoking room. Arrived only to find out that there really is no such thing in this hotel! This seems to be an older time-share complex and we were offered 3 different rooms, all 'non-smoking' complete with ASHTRAYS!!! Decor was tatterred and the kitche appliances were naff 1970's brown!!! UGH!!! We bailed out and went to the Straosphere.....

Staff at Jockey Club were VERY nice and tried to help as best they could. If you are a NON-SMOKER, stay away!!!! If you're a smoker, I'd still suggest better accomodations can be found for the money.....

Affordable, Inexpensive Center Strip Stay

Located in the center of the strip, the Jockey Club was a find.

My young twenty-something girlfriends and I were looking for a place that was safe, inexpensive and at an ideal location for a weekend getaway.

For less than $325 for two nights (Fri/Sat), we got the two bedroom (1 king size, 1 queen size bed, 1 double bed), two bathroom suite, complete with a kitchen that had all the amenities i.e. flatware, refrigerator, glasses, plates, etc.

We weren't in our room too often, but when we were we were very comfortable, and it felt more homey than other hotels.

Obviously, the nearby hotels like the Bellagio and Paris are much ritzier, but for the price we paid, the Jockey Club more than met our basic needs and we still got to enjoy the ambience of the other hotels. I plan on staying at the Jockey Club again, especially if I go with another large group.

Some issues were that we couldn't get a later check-out than the standard 11 a.m. one and they couldn't fulfill our request for more pillows and blankets (2 pillows instead of 4). But we survived.

You won't need a nightlight, the window provides one itself...

by TripAdvisor Member Hiswifeandtheirmum

Las Vegas was fab, I got to the hotel and pondered on which desk to check in at, there was a shop, 2 desks at the end and one at the front, I persumed the first one, I guessed jolly right!
Remember that it's that folks ;)

I checked in and boarded the lift, you'll notice that if you wave your arms about, it actually looks like there's loads of clones of you!
It's extremely amusing, but just don't go doing when someone is in the lift with you.

Got my hotel, and the first thing I noticed was the ugly brown fridge, my granma's is more modern that that.

Slowly I approached the bedroom (because I had a suite!).
Lights were twinkling, and I had a great view of this beautiful fountain, which i watched all the time.

As I said, you don't need a night light, this is Las Vegas darling, and boy my view was fantastic, the large window provided a good view of the strip, where the hotel layed in the middle of it.

Kitchens great if you want to eat-in!
Good choice of television, the bathroom was okay, and I was quite happy with my room!
Great pool on the 2nd floor with a gym and and one of those little spa things, and a sauna!

Very happy with my room, until at the end of my holiday I peeked at the one next door, which had a better kitchen and nicer table, my room looked pretty poor against, but I tried to think positive and not cry, and set of home.

Very nice though, very nice :D

It's like home

I have owned a timeshare at Jockey Club for 9 yrs.( it was a birthday present to my husband.) And we have have gone almost every year since, and sometimes twice a year. We enjoy Las Vegas and all the glitz and glamour of the strip (which is within walking distance of the Jockey, no need of a car.) But when we come home at night, it feels like home, warm and fuzzy. The staff are fantastic, always very accomodating the furnishings comfy and clean. If you're thinking about buying one, do it, you'll feel like you are going home each year. If you are renting you won't find a condo with better location on the strip! My kids look forward to our get togethers in Vegas every other year, and my grandkids say they are going to gramma's house. It feels that comfortable. ( we have to rent two or three units to accomodate everyone) I love my Jockey Club, it's my home away from home.

It's okayyyy

by TripAdvisor Member lane1729

Went for a week (for free) thanks to a dear Aunt of mine who owns a timeshare there.

It's no Ritz or Four Seasons, but it's not that bad either. The view is pretty good. The location as well.

Room was clean and housekeeping was good. And the bed was quite comfy and the closets were huggee. Good size room.

The only downfall is the usual hotel amenities, valet, room service, etc. The location can't be beat...but the huge parking lot looks creepy at night.

It's okkayy...wouldn't stay there again. Vegas has great rates at great hotels. I live in a city where a Holiday Inn in a remote location costs $129 a night...that's what you pay to stay at the Paris, MGM, Mandalay Bay. Vegas rooms are CHEAP!!

But hey the Jockey Club was free! Can't say no to a free week in Vegas!

North-siders, beware!!

Beware!
If you are booked into a north-side room in either tower, there is a manditory 4am wake-up call from contruction next door at the Bellagio, Sunday an included! They seem all too happy to book you on this side of the time share (not hotel...you may be approached by sales staff in the somewhat dreary parking lot, as we were) and then they blame the Bellagio for your insomnia and resulting discomfort after you complain.
Housekeeping and other services were top drawer, as are the recent renovations. Rooms are very nicely done...but indded with ashtrays! (sorry management)

A bargain but not worth it

Booked Thanksgiving week because of price and location. Good news is that room was large and ammenties plentiful. Bad News was that beds were ancient and very uncomfortable. Blinds didn't work. Tub had no stopper. In general, maintenance was poor. Staff was totally insensitive to issues. We will not stay there again and would not recommend it even at the price.

Great View if you're lucky

by TripAdvisor Member LynnBristol

We intended staying at the Hilton but when we got there we realised we had booked the wrong nights so ended up having to ring tourist info to find somewhere to stay.
We ended up with a suite at the Jockey Club which is right next to The Bellagio. It was $350 a night for 2 large rooms, kitchenette, living area and 2 bathrooms which between 4 of us was fine and it did sleep 6. When we arrived we all thought it looked a bit dated, but the room itself was absolutely fine and we had THE most amazing view of Vegas. If you are going to stay here I would strongly recommend you ask for a room facing The Bellagio. Every 15 minutes or so there is a colourful water display at the front of the Bellagio which you can watch if your room is facing the right way. Amazing.
Kitchenette had microwave, dishwasher, oven, coffee making etc and although it was all a little bit dated it was absolutely fine for our purposes.

by michelletrex

Can anyone tell me a phone number or web site for the hotel...

3700 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109
United States of America

I can find reviews for it but no contact details. It sounds like just what we are looking for. Anyone stayed there recently?

by rmdw

From Yellow.com:

702-739-8686
fun@platinuminterchange.com

Robert

by anaisdreams

Jockey Club - Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
3700 Las Vegas Blvd
A Las Vegas , Nevada U.S.A. 89109
Hotel Reservations: 1-800-359-5672

by joanneb56

hi, we stay at the jockey club in 2001 . it is a very small hotel .did you know that is a exchange hotel . NOT A GREAT HOTEL would not stay there again . sorry!

Re: Re: Jockey Club

by michelletrex

Thanks for the warning.. Can you tell me why and what is an excahnge hotel? We are looking for a suite with a kitchen.. Thanks

Comments