Jockey Club

Tags

Business Travel Theater Travel Casino and Gambling
See Amenities

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 10, 2011

If you're standards do not rise above that of a run down Holiday Inn this place would be fine. Unfortunately for the Jockey Club I have traveled extensively and stayed in some of the better hotels and resorts the world has to offer. For the record though, I have stayed in hotels in Europe/Italy that are held to an entirely different (lower) standard than the U.S. that I would happily stay in again before I spent another night at the Jockey Club. My exact words to describe this hotel I could not post, lets just suffice it to say it's the first time I couldn't wait for my vacation to end. I am a timeshare owner and traded an ocean front unit at a five star gold crown resort in Cabo San Lucas for the week I had at the Jockey Club, I received a second floor room with a view of the concrete wall of the Cosmopolitan and sewer pipes (along with the smell) coming from the first floor of the Jockey Club. I immediately contacted the front desk upon entering the room but was told there was nothing they could do for me. I spent two days trying to contact Lori Elie the "resort manager" but was consistently told she was out of the office. I finally left a voicemail for her explaining my complaints, I left her my room number and cell number but my call was never returned. There is no doubt I could have paid rack rates for the room I had and spent less money than it cost to pay the maintenance fee for the week I traded. This place is a dump, the rooms are big but sorely outdated and dirty, the smell of the "mini market" took me back to a mom and pop corner store in Mexico (which I love mind you....IN MEXICO!!) Unfortunately the prices (A six pack of Budweiser was $13) were enough to shock me back to reality and realize I was just in a dump in Vegas. The "walkway to the strip" is about 100 yards of a dark smelly alleyway that is used for delivery trucks (its also the main entrance to the Jockey Club) and apparently time share salesmen that are are ready and willing to take advantage of unhappy people leaving the Jockey Club. We were approached in the alley (repeatedly) but one day a guy that worked for another timeshare hotel approached us, (apparently the catch phrase is..."how do you like the jockey club" then when you begin to tell them how unhappy you are they offer to put you up in their hotel for a mere "90 minute presentation") The concierge for the Jockey Club happened to walk out the door, noticed what was going on and a screaming and yelling match between the two ensued, apparently they are well aware of the inferiorities of the Jockey Club (JC) and threatened by the prospect of losing guests, we just walked away. We tried to go to the "spa" one day to try and maybe salvage something good from this place, we attempted to sit in the jacuzzi but the chlorine level was so high it immediately burned our eyes, we opened the door that encloses the jacuzzi to try to get some fresh air just so we could stay in the room but soon after getting in noticed our skin was either being bleached or chemically burned. (not sure which) We then went to the pool which was cold (mind you the JC is surrounded by tall buildings, or as they like to say "nestled" and barely see's the light of day. The liner of the pool was blue, but the bottom was brown, pretty sure it wasn't made that way, I have seen much nicer pools at a holiday inn. The "view" of the Bellagio they tout is only obtained from the upper floors on one side of course and I suspect the only ones remodeled and reserved only for those who are most likely to purchase a timeshare, otherwise you're view is of a wall or the "walkway to the strip"...a dark alley. I'm guessing I got the room I got because I am already a timeshare owner and I declined to attend the "owners meeting" for those of you not familiar, that's where they try to get you to buy another timeshare or upgrade the one you have. The JC should have taken the offer from The Cosmopolitan so they could have torn it down and made better use of the property. If you're going to Vegas on a budget stay downtown at the Golden Nugget, I have stayed there a few times and it looks and feels like the Ritz Carlton compared to this place....honostly.

Unique Quality: Smell, motel 6 swimming pool, only place in vegas it takes twenty minutes to get a taxi.

Directions: Dark Alley used by The Cosmopolitan for deliveries, very difficult to find.

Great View if you're lucky

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 4, 2009

We booked this room through the Las Vegas Tourist Bureau (Mark was the manager who did the room) as we were able to talk to a real person and request a view room. Unfortunately you have no control over what room you receive and you have a 50% chance of getting a room with a view of a white wall (the Cosmopolitan is building around it VERY close). On the view side you won't see the Bellagio fountains until you are at least above the 3rd floor so you really only have a 30% chance of getting a room with a view of the fountains. We were fortunate to have a room on the 9th floor in the building closest to the strip with a stunning view of the strip, including the Eiffel tower at Paris and the Bellagio fountain shows. If we paid the same price for a room on the opposite side looking at a wall we would have been very disappointed.

Our 2 bedroom had a renovated kitchen and bathrooms partially re-done as well as new mattresses. The only furniture that wasn't in good shape was the couch and armchair that was showing it's age and dirty. It was the pull-out bed that has to have been the worst I have ever slept on. Why they kept that and upgraded everything else is beyond me. The carpets were alright but the floor choice for the kitchen and bathrooms was a poor given it's hard to clean nature.

After peeking into other rooms during housekeeping it was clear that all units are at different levels of quality since ownership varies throughout the building. Some had hardwood, some tile and other complete carpet. The building is obviously quite old and the pool area is very uninspiring, it must have been built before wheel chair accessibility became code as the tower farthest from the strip requires hallway and a few stairs to get the the other elevator. The Valet parking (mandatory but free) was flawless throughout or stay, I would prefer to self park but parking at the Bellagio or another Hotel was not convenient.

The location is excellent and this is a great option if you are staying a while and want a kitchen, if you get the view we had you will thoroughly enjoy your stay. If you want a fancy pool, lobby, shops etc. then look elsewhere, if you are looking for a base station to enjoy the sights of Las Vegas, the Jockey club could be perfect, just get a guarantee of what room you are getting and have it priced accordingly! Rooms ending in 28,30,32,34,00,02,04,06,08 regardless of floor are in the Ascot tower (closest to strip) facing Bellagio (first digit signifying floor number). Rooms ending in 78,80,82,84,50,52,54,56,58 regardless of floor are in Derby tower (farther from strip) facing Bellagio. All other rooms according to the map given to us at check in will face a wall of the Cosmopolitan, construction is well above the Jockey club so the room facing the wall should be very quiet.

Unique Quality: Great location for central strip access. Some rooms have an excellent view of the fountains.

Directions: Jockey Club is buried beneath the new City Center/Comopolitan construction. Look for a small sign one turn past the Bellagio. The actual building is in behind.

emilypeg's Profile Photo

Jockey Club- Stay or Hit another Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 1, 2009

All in all, not a bad place to stay. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy; and lets face it, that's really all you need when you stay in Vegas if you're doing Vegas right. (Right?) The location is also good- next to the Bellagio, across from Planet Hollywood and Paris in the center of the Strip. However, if you're looking for THE Vegas experience, probably not the place. Its not your typical hotel on the Strip, there isn't the big casino, no restaurant, and no view unless you get lucky and your room faces the Bellagio. The pool is also small. Its fine as far as hotels go- but not up to the Standards of Las Vegas.

If you need a place to sleep that's clean and comfortable on the Strip and don't mind walking to the other resorts for food and fun- then its worth it. If you're looking for the normal Vegas stay, with the lights and the sounds, then probably not your first choice.

Directions: On the Strip next to the Bellagio, across from Planet Hollywood and being engulfed by City Center.

Nearby Jockey Club

• Jockey Club Hotel Las Vegas
  • Jockey Club Vegas
  • The Jockey Club Las Vegas
  • Jockey Hotel Las Vegas

Address: 3700 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States

1 Photo of Jockey Club

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews