Las Vegas Club Hotel And Casino

Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 30% less but rated 18% lower than other 3 star hotels

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo

Take a walk on the seedier side of Vegas

If you're a hard core gambler and want to take advantage of Vegas' most liberal blackjack rules, great odds on craps, etc., then grab a cab, head to downtown (i.e., Fremont Street) and pop into the Vegas Club. When I started coming to Vegas, I would make it a point to head downtown to do some gambling at least once on every trip. After all, the Vegas Club had the following rules on blackjack: unlimited splitting of aces, 6 card Charlie's (if you get 6 cards without busting, you automatically win, etc.), doubling down on your third card (my personal favorite) and others. These rules used to apply on every table in the casino, but in the past several years, they've limited them to a few special tables. Nonetheless, the Vegas Club will always hold a special place in my heart.

Be warned, downtown Vegas is not the strip. It's much seedier & dodgier than the strip, yet this area is THE original Vegas. It's where you'll find the famous Cowboy and Cowgirl with swinging leg electric light signs, Binion's horseshoe (the original location of the World Series of Poker), and other familiar sights.

Yet with all the seediness of downtown, there's a certain amount of charm mixed in with the degenerate gamblers and alcoholics and I still love to head down there to people watch, play some hands at the Vegas Club and enjoy some late-night comped Chili's at the Vegas Club's diner.

Unique Quality: Very cheap rooms (that aren't too bad for the price, actually). Great gambling rules & odds.

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Cheap and cheerful for Fremont Street

A one night stop in the Las Vegas Club Hotel (& Casino- always sounds such a redundancy in Las Vegas!) Pretty basic rooms, not a minibar or a hairdryer, but we got a cheap as chips deal of about £21 for the night (despite poorer £ for $ rate in 2010 would be less at time of revison). There are deals for this hotel on kelkoo, expedia, the usual places.
    Big and comforrtable rooms, your bargain basement deal will land you in the South Tower - I understand that the North Tower has been refurbished a bit better.

We were 4 nights in Vegas and decided to do 3 hotels in 4 nights, hence the single night stay was planned.

Unique Quality: East end of Fremont Street at the end of the strip (Las Vegas Boulevard), Great base for the Fremont Street experience - see elsewhere

Great Moments cafe did a wonderful breakfast, my wife raved about the eggs Benedict - looking at the website seems Great Moments cafe has been re-branded as Tinico's kitchen.

Like so many places, you get a voucher book on arrival for discounts on gaming and for meals at the hotels restaurants.

Directions: Vegas Club Hotel and Casino
    18 East Fremont Street
    Las Vegas, NV 89101

• boltonian's Profile Photo

Cheap but cool

The hotel is a little seedy and run down, but once through the smoke, the rooms are big and clean and offer a good view of Fremont. You could hear the music from Fremont, but unless you want an early night, it is no problem.

The reception gave out lots of free tickets when we checked in. The room was cheap so the show tickets we got were worth more than the cost of the room.

• ysio's Profile Photo

Hotels hotels hotels

I was looking for the cheapest option, I found it on www.hotels.com. 3 weeks before my trip I got very nice price for 3 stars hotel
    19.95USD per room /2 person/

Unique Quality: Some hotels has special things for guests.
    Vulcano eruption, rollecosters, fountains etc

• JeanCooke's Profile Photo

Easiest to get rooms comped with gambling

The north tower has newer rooms, comparable to any economy to moderate rooms on the Strip.

Unique Quality: for advantage video poker players, has more advantage machines but mixed with looser machines.

A short stroll to the Queens Casino with an entire bank at the back of advantage progressive video poker

Directions: downtown across from the Plaza Hotel and Casino

More about Las Vegas Club Hotel And Casino

Vegas Club

About what I expected, Not Bad, not Plush but adequate. The room in North Tower was large and clean. Burns on carpet. The sheets were chang ed daily for 5 days. Towels were plentiful and large. Bar soap was provided as requested. It was very quiet. No view except ajoning tower wall. The casion rug was dirty and not as clean as the strip. We enjoyed the location downtown because not as much walking as on the strip. Plenty of cheap food nearby and some fair shows.

Loved the club!!!!!!!!!

In April of this year a group of 8 women stayed at the Las Vegas Club for 8 nights. We were treated exceptionaly well. The staff (chamber maids, waitresses, hostesses, and dining room) were wonderful. The director of slot operations, Freddie Maatouk was very helpful and made us feel welcome and treated us with great respect. The 24 hour restaurant thanks to Mark Bucher, director of food and beverage, served us with great food. The rooms were very clean. The linens and blankets were clean and well kept. We were given whatever we asked for i.e. hair dryers, soap, shampoo, clean towels etc. It was a very homey atmosphere and we felt very comfortable and safe. As a matter of fact , when we toured the strip we were anxious to get back to the Las Vegas Club which we began to call home. We all agreed that any other trips we made to Las Vegas we would definately be staying at the Las Vegas Club! Thank you Freddie Maatouk, Mark Bucher, and the entire staff for making our trip so enjoyable.

Not bad at all.

This was the very first time that I have stayed in the Freemont area. Since I was traveling alone, I picked the Las Vegas Club based on the reviews and the price. I stayed in the older section which was fine. The non smoking room was huge and clean and I got a fantastic price. (29.00 a night).I found the staff to be very hospitable and I would return again. If you are looking for luxury - look elsewhere, but if you want a clean safe room. This was perfect for me.

Great place to stay.

We stay at the Las Vegas Club 2 times a year. If you are budget minded this hotel is great. The rooms are large and clean, the food is good and they also give us great service. I play the slots till 4 am an I feel secure here. It is not Mirage, but for the money their is not a better place to stay in Las Vegas.

Loved It!!

Stayed at the Las Vegas Club with a charter group for one week and loved it!! The entire staff was exceptionally friendly and courteous, the Upper Deck offered great food at unbelievable prices, the hotel rooms were clean and comfortable (with the exception of slow draining bathtub on the 8th floor of the South Tower, a small inconvenience compared to the pleasant stay), and the atmosphere was always welcoming! I would definitely elect to stay there again on a future charter group trip!! A memorable experience to say the least!!

Inside of room at Las Vegas Club CasinoInside of room at Las Vegas Club Casino

Vegas Club CardsVegas Club Cards

Saturday Arrival!!!!!

by boltonian

Me and the missus are arriving in Vegas on X Mas Eve (Saturday). Found a load of hotels to choose from on opodo/expedia etc. However, all of them say NO SATURDAY ARRIVALS.

Any advice really appreciated

by Paulie_D

I haven't experienced the same. I just did a quick search on both Expedia & Opodo and was quoted a rate for Saturday, 24th December.

I can't see any reference to not being allowed to check in on a Saturday.

You might be better off just doing research via Expedia/Opodo then booking direct via the your chosen hotel's website. You will probably save a little money that way too.

Paulie

by johnaalex

I know that it is a common policy for the casino hotels not to offer Saturday check in, but I am sure there are many "normal" hotels that will allow it.

Good luck!

John

by IrishNYC

Many times expedia and the like will say that, but if you visit the hotel's website directly, or try different travel websites, you may be able to book it. Call the hotel as well to see if they'll allow you to book.

If worst comes to worst, stay one night off-strip, or in a non-casino hotel, then check in to where you want on Sunday.

RE: RE: Saturday Arrival!!!!!

by boltonian

Well, Las Vegas Club hotel says no Sat arrivals on Expedia etc, but on their website directly, it allows you to book with no mention of the Sat thing. We won't get turned away will we?

by ltt

just checked flamingolv.com and they allow check in on the 24th - for three nights is was saying $150, $75, $150
super 8 on koval land was $91/night

by boltonian

Thanks guys. I booked Las Vegas Club direct on their website for the 24th. Then imperial Palace for the following 2 days. Hope they let me check in :)

Comments