Luxor Hotel and Casino

See Amenities
blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Surprisingly run down

by written on March 6, 2013

We were not happy with our stay at Lusor. I always wanted to stay here. We got a good deal to stay. The check in process was very quick. They have a lot of staff for a fast check in. A hidden charge of $20 a day is added to the room bill for use of the pool, fitness center and Internet. This last one was the funny part. The entire hotel does not have wifi. We didn't find this out until that evening when I went to sign on. We are working off tablets and since this was a business trip, was the main reason we had to check out after one night. We were originally booked for 4 nights.

One main thing I noticed is how run down the elevators are, they were very slow, the control panel with the floor buttons was very loose and so worn that we couldn't read the arrows to keep the door open.

Beautiful hotel and unique but when you look at the finer details, you can tell the Luxor is past it's prime.

Unique Quality: The soap in the bathroom really smelled great.

natalie_miceli's Profile Photo

Luxurious Treatment

by written on July 10, 2012

For the prices Luxor offers a stay at, you can't beat it. We stayed in the tower in a regular room with 2 queen beds, a flat screen and a jacuzzi. Friends that stayed in the pyramid had a great room as well, but ours was a bit nicer I think.

I did not know what to expect from the exhibits at Luxor but all I can say is.. WOW. Totally worth the money to go into Bodies and Titanic. Completely different experiences in each but both are mind blowing I don't want to ruin anything for anyone just go see them. We had a chance to see Criss Angel as well.. Cool show, I am still trying to figure out some of the tricks.

Aurora and Flight, the bars in the casino were a great hang for mid day. They have happy hour specials or you can check in on Foursquare and your first drink is buy one get one. Great deal and the bartenders were awesome. They made great drinks and and were very personable.

We went to LAX one night and did bottle services. May I recommend Peach Ciroc to everyone since that night! our server was amazing. She was there every time we needed her, our ice was always full and replaced if melting..the security for the tables were a blast. They did a great job but still managed to have fun and engage with the guests that wanted it. While there someone on stage got a bottle.. and people dressed as Starwar's characters brought the bottles out shot out confetti danced and then left. Completely random but so awesome! The music was great as well.

While there make sure to eat at Tacos&Tequila. I had the Carne Asada Tacos, and they rocked.

All in all, I will be back. This place exceeded my expectations!!!!

Unique Quality: Pyramid style, quieter pool area than some of the others, great casino, bartenders at casino bars are awesome, exceptional food

Directions: South end of the Strip

Awesome Experience-Luxor Hotel

by written on July 9, 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying at Luxor a few weeks ago. We got there around noon and check in was a breeze. We dropped our clothes off at the room before going to lunch. The room was super clean and had a great view of the strip. Tacos and Tequila was on point. Their guacamole was amazing. Some of the best I have ever eaten. We checked out the Titanic and Bodies exhibits. These were well beyond what I had expected. All my friends from home were really jealous I was able to go to the Titanic exhibit. The big piece is on display there and the back story and interaction with the viewers was incredible. Bodies was AMAZING!!! I had never seen anything like it before. It really is a great educational tool for anyone interested in the human body.

We had dinner at Rice&Company. Our server may have been the nicest person I have ever had serve us. He was so polite and described things on the menu like he was the chef. The food was mouthwatering. We got about 12 sushi rolls between the four of us and couldn't finish them all. Some of the best sushi I have had in a long time. And I have eaten some good sushi in my day.

We got bottle service at LAX. The security in there was on point. Our waitress was never let any of our drinks get low. The ice man was constantly full. The DJ had bottle service dropped off by Darth Vader. It was hilarious and totally unexpected. Defiantly worth every part of it and I highly recommend anyone to go check this place out. If you ever get lost, just look for the light and it will lead you to the best hotel and most fun on the strip.

Unique Quality: Pool was relaxing and clean!!! Great view from the hotel room, both inside and out.

Roadquill's Profile Photo

Tacky at its best.

by written on January 17, 2012

I stayed several nights right after the electronics show. I was able to get a fairly good rate through one of the booking services at about $20 less than the best rates on the hotel website. They add a $15 per night "resort fee"---see discussion below. You can stay in the tower or the pyramid. My tower room was clean, wide screen TV, but limited channels. No coffee maker!!!! Getting from the check-in and casino to the rooms means heading down some boring corridors. Staff were very nice and helpful.

Unique Quality: Let's talk about the $15 per night resort fee. I had just played to games of soccer and we wanted to jacuzzi those pains away. The resort fee does not include the jacuzzi as apparently that is part of the "spa"... So it would have been another $15 to use the jacuzzi. WTF!!!! Then, once we got down to the "spa" and decided to spend the money anyway, we could not even charge it our room as we left our drivers licenses in the room. I mean, Who brings their freakin drivers licenses down to use the pool or gym or jacuzzi? I don't need these kind of games, thus I will not stay at the Luxor again.

BLOODY SHEETS & HOTEL WONT PAY VALET DAMAGE TO CAR

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 5, 2012

I have stayed in just about every hotel in Vegas and this by far was the worst and I stayed in some pretty nasty hotels around the outskirts of Vegas when I was younger. Coming in from a late night out at the clubs all you want to do is get some sleep, however Luxor makes it impossible to do so when you are presented with a room that looked liked someone got MURDERED in it! When I pulled up my covers to get some much needed sleep I was presented with a few blood stains on the sheets themseleves. Apoun further inspection there was blood on the carpet as well. Even if the hotel did change their unclean sheets there was enough blood on the bed to soak thru the sheets itself. It was extrememly disgusting and violates a bunch of health and saftey standards! After risking potentially caughting an STD or some other sercious diease when getting my car from valet they put very noticiable dents in my car and refuses to pay or claim any liability for damages when car never left valet hands!

Unique Quality: the ability to damage your car and not claim resposibility for it. But they'll take your money no problem

Luxor Pyramid Room

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 26, 2010

These rooms are one of the older rooms in the hotel but if your looking for cheap rooms then this is the place.. If you dont plan on being in the room all that long then the Luxor rooms are ok.. They still have old tv's and like any hotel on the strip then it serves your needs..

The Luxor is down South on the strip with the Mandalay Bay the only casino South of it.. Location could be a little out of the way if you wanted to stay in middle of the strip..

RUDE RUDE RUDE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 13, 2010

I thought everything about the luxor experience was a joke... immediately at check in they probably had a few hundred people checking in and maybe five people checking out, however they had only one person doing check-in's and about ten people waiting to check people out. After waiting in line to check in they tell us that the room we requested was not available and that we would have to check in to a room with two twin beds instead of our king sized room. Well we take the room and when we finally get up to the room we notice the bed is not made, the bathroom was dirty, there were stains on the wall above and below the window, and the curtains were ripped so you couldn't even close them if you wanted to... oh and the smell, don't even get me started on the foul smell that captured you in the room. When we called the front desk, they said that there was no other room for us to move to so we had to stay there. Not an apology or anything! We suffered through our three night stay and on the day of check out we had to print our boarding pass, so I try to find the guest service office to use the printers (5 dollar minimum charge if you use there computer) and while trying to find the office I could not get anybody to help by pointing me in the right direction. When I do finally find the right office I walk in and the lady behind the counter was on her cell phone arguing with her husband or children or someone for like four minutes before acknowledging i was even there. Then I ask her where I can print up my passes and even tell her i have my own computer, she points me to the pay as you go computer and says thats all i can do... so i swipe my credit card and begin using it and print up my passes, in the mean time the office phone rings and apparently somebody had the same question and she tells them they can bring their computer down and print for free...! I look up and say I just asked you the same question and you made me pay for the service WTF? She then gets an attitude and tells me i never asked that and called me a rude snobby a$$hole!!! Another lady comes in behind the desk and i ask if she is in charge of the first woman, she says why? I tell her that the woman is extremely rude. The first woman chimes in and tells me I need to shut my f**king mouth and get the f**k out before she calls security and has me thrown out on my fat a$$???!!!! I go to the front desk to check out and ask to speak with a supervisor and am told there is nobody available! Ridiculous!!! By far the worst way to spend any money, or vacation. Oh did I mention I will not recommend this hotel to anyone EVER?

Luxor: just OK

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 18, 2010

I stayed at the Luxor for two nights in June 2010. Check-in was a nightmare, they screwed up our reservation and told us they didnt have any rooms which we requested. After we asked to speak to the manager, they miraculously found a room for us. The outside and inside of the Luxor is amazing, the lobby is quite a sight. My biggest problem was with the rooms. They are very outdated. The mattresses were terrible and the air conditioner barely worked. I also found the rooms to be very dark and poorly lit. If you decide to go to the buffet, only go to the breakfast one. Dinner and lunch buffets were not good at all, and way overpriced. The pool area was very nice and all the attendants were very helpful. The best part was the attractions/exhibits at Luxor, probably the best on the strip. They had a Titanic exhibit which was awesome and an exhibit called Bodies, which was very interesting. All in all I would give Luxor a 6 out of 10.

Directions: south strip

WiteWater's Profile Photo

Luxury price Budget rooms

by written on April 1, 2010

Luxury price Budget rooms
Ok I got a deal on a “Spa Suit” $133.00 a night for 4 nights at the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas Nevada.
This is a room in the pyramid “Casino”. It was roomy and did have the water pressure to fill the spa rapidly, but it’s time to do some repairs and upgrades!!
Let me say first that the staff throughout the casino was very pleasant and friendly
-----------------------------------Now for the room!------------------
I am getting Purdy used to paying big money for poor rooms in Vegas,
To start off I booked and paid for my room better than 30 days in advance
I get to check inn at 7:30 pm their time and they tell me that they don’t have what I reserved
I needed a twin bed smoking room all they have is a king smoking and I will haft to wait on housekeeping for that!
Sooooo is “brother, sister” “mother, son” “father daughter” or male and female work calleags etc. supposed to sleep in the same bed for 4 nights?
Someone’s wife and husband will understand that crap right!
So I take the king she said we will deal with it. There I am $133. Per Night to sleep on the floor
Good thing I got a spa room!
I’m used to no coffee pot so I bring my own but no in room SAFE! In Las Vegas? I have been in $30.00 dollar a night rooms that have some sort of a safe! No ash tray in a smoking room? I guess that’s what the floor is for!
Old furnishings, carpet and wallpaper, peeling wallpaper, water stains on the ceiling and walls
Poorly sealed windows with the wind it sounded like you were outside we were on the 6th floor and could hear people talking at the front entrance of the casino “ALL NIGHT”, with the lights out at night you could see light all the way around the door which is probably why you could hear every ones conversation at the elevators’, a tiny old TV in the bed area with lots of casino channels but few TV channels’,
A smaller old TV in the sitting room “with no remote to change channels” and not anchored down to the slide rails so if you pull it out to watch it, it falls out of cabinet!
“” I have a small Handy Man repair business at home and I would be out off business in a week if I left a job looking like this””

Unique Quality: Hot tubs in pool area under construction, Nice bars and Night clubs, Fun and Friendly dealers

Directions: Strip

edss's Profile Photo

Great hotel, clean, convenient...

by written on September 23, 2009

We moved to the Luxor after an awful night at the grimy Sahara. Well we "upgraded" on check-in, but all that got us was a barely larger room and it put us in the tower instead of in the pyramid. We won't be doing that next time. As for the room it was clean, the bathroom was decent and came with pretty good shampoo, conditioner... The buffet had excellent food and was reasonably price ($25 for a wristband to eat unlimited times per day). There was a great variety and the food was delicious (much better than Excalibur, almost as good as Mandalay Bay which only lets you enter three times for $30 a day, and the Sahara buffet can barely be called food compared to the Luxor). The hotel has several nightclubs including LAX (which you get free cover for when staying at the Luxor, saving you $30). The hotel is unique and the light shooting from the top of the pyramid can be seen from anywhere on the strip. The pool area was nice and clean. The water is kept cool and refreshing. The rest of the strip is easily accessible from the Luxor.

Unique Quality: The hotel is pyramid shaped and the rooms in the pyramid have one slanted wall. The pool is cooled (not sure if that is standard practice in Vegas). There is the monorail out front which goes from the Mandalay Bay (south of the Luxor) to Excalibur (north of the Luxor). When we went it was very affordable and a great value. We will definitely come back to the Luxor.

Directions: South strip between north of Mandalay Bay and south of Excalibur, and NY NY.

tommyg_stlouis's Profile Photo

Great accomodations and service.

by written on March 27, 2009

The architecture of the Luxor pyramid must be seen to be appreciated. Truly incredible. You have two options for rooms at the Luxor... a Pyramid room or a Tower room. I've stayed twice in the tower rooms, and they are VERY nice. Floor to ceiling windows, nice furnishings. As of last year they had not yet converted to flat screen TVs, but this may have changed. No in-room safe. My second visit was in a Luxury Suite, highly recommended, and really not that expensive. Tower check-in was quick and courteous. Express check out is simple, from the TV in your room. If you elect to stay in the towers, note that it's quite a hike to get down to the casino. When I stayed there, the slot selection was very limited. Not a lot of machines I liked. Table games had reasonable minimums, and good availability. On a more recent visit to the Luxor casino, I found a better selection of slots, but I still prefer Excalubur (adjacent to the Luxor, accessable by corridor or tram). While I'm not a "club" person, Luxor offers great nightlife choices... LAX always seems to be where the young people party.

joiwatani's Profile Photo

Stay at the pyramid hotel, called Luxor Hotel

by written on December 14, 2008

There's nothing like sleeping at a replica of the pyramid in Egypt! The Luxor Hotel & Casino is one of the most expensive and luxurious hotels in Las Vegas.

The hotel is designed as a pyramid with pharaohs and sphinx outside the hotel. Inside at the lobby, most of the decors are Egyptian-style.

There is also a museum of the King Tutakhamum at the hotel. We visited the museum while we were there at one of our many visits in Las Vegas.

Also, there is a place at the hotel where you can have a recording of your song. There is a fee involved and I am not sure if it already increased. You can sing inside the booth and record your own song. After recording, you can have a copy of your own CD! This is very special to some people as they have their own memorable experience being a recording star!

The Luxor Hotel & Casino also has a very nice restaurant that the ambience is like eating in the old days in Egypt. The restaurant is designed with huge logs and wells. The food is really, really good.

I can't describe my stay in the hotel because we didn't book here. We just came and visited the hotel and used some of their amenities like the restaurant and casinos.

Unique Quality: Once inside the hotel, you can see all the rooms in a pyramid-stye. The lobby is very beautiful and it looked like you are in a foreign country. Most of the staff are dressed like the pharaohs and Queen Cleopatra.

There are a lot of Egyptians stuffs inside the hotel as the motiff is Egyptian.

Directions: It is close to Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino. Located at the end of the North Strip

depinski's Profile Photo

Luxor was Lacking

by written on July 16, 2008

The Luxor Hotel & Casino is not quite as luxurious as it appears. The famed Egyptian themed casino hotel has nothing more to offer than 2 Starbucks. The hotel rooms are on the small side (smaller if you stay in the Pyramid). Take the Tower rooms if you are going to brave this place. The casino is worn down and old. The bars/lounges are never full. The pool area is uneventful and does not attract a fun crowd. Overall, the spirit in this casino hotel is as dead as the pharaohs of ancient times.

Yaqui's Profile Photo

Comfortable

by written on June 23, 2008

We stayed here once and it was ok. Not all that impressive, but the décor is nice and comfortable. Service was good and the room was clean.

Luxor has 4,408 rooms with a 120,000 square feet Casino
Entertainment may consist of The Atrium Showroom feature of Carrot Top and Fantasy.
Nightlife consist of Cat House Loungerie, LAX, Flight and Noir Bar.
Attractions are a two-story arcade, Games of the Gods.
BODIES...The Exhibition, which showcases real full-bodies and organs, provides a detailed, three-dimensional vision of the human form and Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, the 25,000-square-foot exhibit features numerous items from the Titanic.

In-room internet access. In-room high-speed internet access available for a fee.
Has wheelchair accessible rooms
Two story Parking garage
Amenities are Air conditioning, clock radios, remote-controlled cable TV, electronic door locks, hair dryer (on request), iron and ironing board (on request), pay-per-view movies, telephone and voice mail.
Hotel amenities: Beauty salon, currency exchange, laundry and luggage services, maid service, safety deposit boxes, wake-up calls, valet parking
Walkway to Mandalay Bay (located adjacent to the Luxor Theater) and a walkway to the Excalibur (located in the west tower).

alyf1961's Profile Photo

AN AMAZING HOTEL

by written on June 22, 2008

The Luxor hotel was amazing everything about it was themed, from the giant statues leading up to the hotel to the sphinx that was the monorail. There were plenty of café’s and restaurants to choose from McDonald, pyramid café, bistro, backstage deli and the cathouse. I was in heaven because there was three Starbucks within the hotel.

Unique Quality: We had a lovely room with views of the strip and we were overlooking the airport.
The rooms were very comfortable with hieroglyphics on all the furniture and bedding.

Jessbandit Dec 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM

The worst stay I've ever had in Vegas. Our room smelled and had no amenities or updates. The air conditioner was an old school wall unit that didn't work! They charge a 20 dollar a day resort fee, but offer nothing for it! The pool was closed, the wifi is only available in the lobby, and if you use the gym you can only use the sauna if you pay an additional $18.00 a day!! The ceiling in room 19142 was peeling and falling down in small pieces near the window. When I called to speak to a manager... He said, "I'm sorry, but what do you want me to do about it". What??? I think his name was Escobar! He was a bigger jerk then the letchy valet guys. I didn't valet a car, but a couple of them were very inappropriate. Again the, "manager" that was there was not helpful!

Frymire Mar 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Expedia has asked for my "review" of our recent stay, I posted;
The Hotel was ok, should have expected that because of the price. There was a STRONG smell of mold & mildew in the "Halls", although the "rooms" didn't smell like it, ALL of the towels & tissues had a moldy smell. Mold on the ceiling of the showers. If you have mold allergies STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE! Buffet was mediocre. I brought a party of 15 people it was our son's 21st birthday. Day 2 we went to the nightclub "Lax" downstairs. We had "bottle service & VIP room". Our bill for 15 people came to $1099.00 with tip. I gave them $450 in cash & put $649 on my mac card. The club charged me 3 times on my mac card & the cash I paid totaling to the amount if $2,198.00! I was counting on that money for the remaining 2 days of my trip. When I discovered their error the next morning & called the hotel manager, which directed me to the club manager, which directed me to accounting, everyone kept directing me in circles & no one was responsible nor helpful! Management at the club said that the charges were "holds" which would be returned, however when I called my bank from Vegas, they said NO, they were charges! When I explained to everyone that they had taken the last of my finances & my family & I were in Vegas with NO MONEY left, they said, sorry we can't help you. THANK GOD FOR THE FAMILY I BROUGHT WITH ME. They helped us with our final 2 days, & when I returned home, my bank challenged the charges & a week later I got my money back & paid my family back.... STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!

Nearby Luxor Hotel and Casino

• Casino
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews